Latest Version of Software Running on XP

pointertovoid

51 minutes ago, we3fan said:

Hi Mina, InnoUnpacker 1.9.4 works on XP:

https://www.rathlev-home.de/tools/prog-e.html#unpack     [ Executable programs as zip archive (1.99 MB) ]

https://www.rathlev-home.de/tools/download/innounpacker.zip]

Thanks for the information, didn't know there's a version that works on XP. So, no need to use Windows 7 to extract an Inno Setup file.

Edited by mina7601

9 hours ago, Josealf said:

A lot more time passes….

Please know that my 32-bit binaries for stunnel now support  windows XP. I also upgraded openssl to the latest LTS version (3.0.15 when this was posted).

I found this thread due to the fact that traffic was being redirected from msfn.org to my github page… You should have opened on issue and it may have been faster 🙂

Regards

Josealf

@Josealf

Welcome to the forum ! :)

In the system requirements of your releases, can you remove the need to have a CPU supporting the SSE2 instructions set ?

Above version 5.60, your releases requires the SSE2 instructions set. :huh:

Regards

Edited by genieautravail

10 minutes ago, genieautravail said:

@Josealf

Welcome to the forum ! :)

In the system requirements of your releases, can you remove the need to have a CPU supporting the SSE2 instructions set ?

Above version 5.60, your releases requires the SSE2 instructions set. :huh:

Regards

@genieautravail,

Sure! I will prepare a special build not requiring SSE2 for older CPUs and let you know when it’s ready to test. I understand SSE2 can really help with the crypto performance, so most likely the main build will require SSE2.

Regards

Jose

1 hour ago, we3fan said:

Hi Mina, InnoUnpacker 1.9.4 works on XP:

https://www.rathlev-home.de/tools/prog-e.html#unpack     [ Executable programs as zip archive (1.99 MB) ]

https://www.rathlev-home.de/tools/download/innounpacker.zip]

Yep! And InnoUnpacker 1.9.4 already contains the most recent version innounp 1.72. :P

16 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Mind you, the most popular InnoSetup extracting tools (innounp.exe, innoextract.exe and GUIs containing them, like UniExtract2) don't (yet) support IS script versions 6.1+ :no:

There is a further Windows GUI tool called InnoExtractor which also contains innounp 1.72 and is worth to mention here. Of course, it is compatible with Windows XP (and most probably also with Windows Vista, at least it is listed to be compatible with Vista). Here is the homepage of InnoExtractor: http://www.havysoft.cl/innoextractor.html :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

14 hours ago, mina7601 said:

unfortunately, InnoUnpacker v1.9.5 is not compatible with Windows XP

... From the linked homepage :

Notes to users of Windows XP: Windows setups created with Inno Setup 6.1 will no longer run under Windows XP. In this case, the user must download the program package as zip archive instead (if available) and then unpack it manually. The executable files will run without any problems.
For older Windows versions (XP and Vista), the installation must be carried out by unpacking the zip archive provided.

... thus innounpacker-setup.exe (of v1.9.5) won't run on XP ; hence the suggestion by its author, echoed by @we3fan here :P ; however, the German author has not yet updated the application to v1.9.5 (on purpose? :dubbio:), as the zipped distribution is still on v1.9.4 ; since the CLI tool is XP-compatible (thanks @AstroSkipper :thumbup ), one can use it (on XP) to unpack innounpacker-setup.exe and ascertain whether the main GUI executable, InnoUnpack.exe, of latest v1.9.5, can launch under XP SP3 x86 ;) ...

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

from my compatriot Jürgen Rathlev :P

Name and surname corrected in original post :whistle:...

30 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

There is a further Windows GUI tool called InnoExtractor which also contains innounp 1.72 and is worth to mention here.
..., it is compatible with Windows XP (and most probably also with Windows Vista)

Thanks for that, too; a freeware in its basic functions, a donationware if you want "advanced" features :whistle:; of notable mention the ability of the (third-party-hosted) installer to perform a "portable" installation :thumbup ...

15 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

... thus innounpacker-setup.exe (of v1.9.5) won't run on XP ; hence the suggestion by its author, echoed by @we3fan here :P ; however, the German author has not yet updated the application to v1.9.5 (on purpose? :dubbio:), as the zipped distribution is still on v1.9.4 ; since the CLI tool is XP-compatible (thanks @AstroSkipper :thumbup ), one can use it (on XP) to unpack innounpacker-setup.exe and ascertain whether the main GUI executable, InnoUnpack.exe, of latest v1.9.5, can launch under XP SP3 x86 ;) ...

Thanks for that, yeah, InnoUnpack.exe v1.9.5 runs under XP SP3 normally.

p-BY38d-An-Tm.png

Edited by mina7601