Linksys wpc54g driver in Windows ME?

FantasyAcquiesce

ADVAPI32.DLL:RegOpenCurrentUser is supported by KernelEx 4.5.2. You may have installed it to default to "Disabled".

Right-click on ACHELPER.DLL and select Properties. In the KernelEx tab, select "Use specific compatibility mode" and "Windows 2000 SP4". Do the same for the main app.

Edited by jumper

3 hours ago, jumper said:

ADVAPI32.DLL:RegOpenCurrentUser is supported by KernelEx 4.5.2. You may have installed it to default to "Disabled".

Right-click on ACHELPER.DLL and select Properties. In the KernelEx tab, select "Use specific compatibility mode" and "Windows 2000 SP4". Do the same for the main app.

Almost worked! After I KernelEx'd all the dll files individually and the applications, I got an error saying the resource dll was missing...

2 minutes ago, PROBLEMCHYLD said:

Here is an WPA client, no support for WPA2. You need to remove all network adapter drivers except for 

Wireless, Modem and Ethernet. Then install the client. You should have WPA.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050825192047/http://www.wirelesssecuritycorp.com/wsc/public/Downloads.do

谢谢,耶稣爱你!Now I just need to find one WPA2 capable!!! <3

14 hours ago, PROBLEMCHYLD said:

This is as far as I go. Sorry

But still, thank you for providing me that wireless utility! :) Something is better than nothing, right?

11 hours ago, jumper said:

What version of ThinkVantage Access Connections are you testing, and what is the full error message for the missing resource dll?

I'm gonna give up on ThinkVantage Access Connections, I did say the full message. If you google it for Windows 2000, you will find it

I tried Boingo Wireless, and that only seems to support WEP

I installed it, wouldn't run. Your best bet, is to use WSC Guard/McAfee version. The options for WPA2 are limited. Pretty soon we'll have a hundred topics asking the same question. I have tried the wpa supplicant as well, missing dependencies.

8 hours ago, PROBLEMCHYLD said:

I installed it, wouldn't run. Your best bet, is to use WSC Guard/McAfee version. The options for WPA2 are limited. Pretty soon we'll have a hundred topics asking the same question. I have tried the wpa supplicant as well, missing dependencies.

Its completely fine! You helped me plenty already! :)
The only viable option for WPA2 is Odyssey Client 3.1 and later (Up to 4.52), using the wireless card inside the laptop. I wonder how Linksys managed to sell such a crappy product that doesn't even work. Haven't tested it on Windows 2000 or XP.