What happened to the 2K Rollup packages?

Hi, I've been looking to install 2K in a VM and want to have the most updated system as possible. I've been searching everywhere for an installer for the 2K Rollups from user tomasz86 among others, but all I can find are old threads on here and at RyanVM.net, dead links to Google Drive, and some other users' sites which are spottily preserved on Internet Archive. I don't see much of anything newer than 2012 or so.

Tomasz' windows2000.tk page is still up, but you have to download all the updates manually and it's very tedious. I thought I had seen screenshots of a Rollup installer awhile back on http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/152194-discontinued-update-rollup-2-for-windows-2000/ but even in the page title it says that the project is discontinued.

What's the status of this? Is the project dead? Am I missing something, some other way to download the updater?

So you're looking for the UURollups or HFSLIP (which integrates)?

BTW, part of the reason "discontinued" is there are NO MORE Win2000 Updates - EVER! (Think of it as Windows 95/98/ME.) What you see is what you get. Take a look at the fixes/dates at windows2000.tk. The latest ones are from XP (back ports). :(

I asked a similar question a while back - as I was concerned that support for all this had been suddenly discontinued. 

Alas, that is not the case, although finding what you're looking for is now extraordinarily difficult if you haven't dug around lots on the forums or the net. 

UURollup can be found here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw_nt4aAJIoPb0I1c1o5MHN5N1U&tid=0Bw_nt4aAJIoPWWNBay13dTlXOWs#list

And you can navigate "Up" from that directory to find USP5.1, UUR2 and UURollup as necessary. 

Thanks @nostalgic98 for the Google Drive link. @submix8c I thought "discontinued" meant he was no longer making a fully consolidated "service pack" install program that contained all the updates. I see that they're in the folder now, but am puzzled as to why they're in .7z and not .exe format. Is HFSLIP program difficult to use or will these integrate properly with nLite? IIRC nLite is really only for XP installs, and gets kind of finicky when applied to W2K.

BTW, what or who is "Gurgelmeyer" and what if anything should I get from here?

BTW, what or who is "Gurgelmeyer"?

Gurgelmeyer is the now mythic author of 2k uSP5, who has disappeared over the edge of the ether way back when,,, :(

what if anything should I get from here?

How so? Here where?

BTW, what or who is "Gurgelmeyer"?

Gurgelmeyer is the now mythic author of 2k uSP5, who has disappeared over the edge of the ether way back when,,, :(

what if anything should I get from here?

How so? Here where?

What updates should I download from the Gurgelmeyer folder on the USP5 Google Drive. I see that there's a USP-5.1 "Refresh" archive among several other .exe program files. Should I download that one, the .7z? In what order would I install these USP/UURollup packages, or do they supersede one another?

http://w2k.flxsrv.org/wlu/wlu.htm

If you want any recent security update, you can get from here.

The point of caution is that I did not check on USP5.1 and UURollup.

These update are for Extended Kernel Core HfSlip Package.

Hi, I've been looking to install 2K in a VM and want to have the most updated system as possible. I've been searching everywhere for an installer for the 2K Rollups from user tomasz86 among others, but all I can find are old threads on here and at RyanVM.net, dead links to Google Drive, and some other users' sites which are spottily preserved on Internet Archive. I don't see much of anything newer than 2012 or so.

Tomasz' windows2000.tk page is still up, but you have to download all the updates manually and it's very tedious. I thought I had seen screenshots of a Rollup installer awhile back on http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/152194-discontinued-update-rollup-2-for-windows-2000/ but even in the page title it says that the project is discontinued.

What's the status of this? Is the project dead? Am I missing something, some other way to download the updater?

Hi, thanks to everyone who responded to my original thread. I finally was able to get 2K and unofficial updates installed, using the nLite guide from @Kurt_Aust. Testing it out now in a VM. I'll keep all these links bookmarked as it wasn't easy to find the Google Drive link initially. Thanks too to "Gurgelmeyer" who apparently started this project, wherever he or she might be...

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks @nostalgic98 for the Google Drive link. @submix8c I thought "discontinued" meant he was no longer making a fully consolidated "service pack" install program that contained all the updates. I see that they're in the folder now, but am puzzled as to why they're in .7z and not .exe format. Is HFSLIP program difficult to use or will these integrate properly with nLite? IIRC nLite is really only for XP installs, and gets kind of finicky when applied to W2K.

The UURollup daily packages are packed to .7z to save space on my not-so-big hard disk and also in the Google Drive. There were issues with slipstreaming too. I would suggest to install the UURollup package manually after installing Windows with all the official updates slipstreamed.

There is no "consolidated service pack" but you can download my "HFSLIP2000.7z" pack where all official updates for the English version of Windows 2000 are included and ready for slipstreaming. You just need to add your original Windows 2000 source and then run the script.