winamp 5.0.3a release!

XtremeMaC

can any of the experts in msi files tell me, what do I edit in winamp.msi, so that the value outname=out_wave.dll would be written in winamp.ini when i install it ? :)

Also another bug that i noticed - Winamp is listed twice in the "Add or Remove Programs"

Be patient, Mac!

Or, how can you develop your software? Feedback is the most thing you need. Or you want peolpe to say that Mac can't.

After these complaints, I see quarter is too much. :)

How did you do at school? A, B, C, or what? :rolleyes:

Edited by mazin

I was using your first version on my desktop and my sister told me that winamp was crashing many times. I then upgraded to the new version and it seems ok.. I'll ask her if it still crashes.

I do use the librairy, and didn't notice any problem... Maybe because I installed on top of the other version?

its a nice one extreme, keep up the good work :)

@Mac

I posted the MSP as a fix, not as a replacement. To hopefully stop people from saying it doesn't work. Try and take some of the load off of ya.

Besides, I thought I was supposed to take over the winamp? atleast back then when you were busy.....but I dunno if I'd have the patience to create what you've done. Too many **** components. I opened up the MSI in X, and wow....that's alot.

Oh, not really a bug fix, but just a little cosmetics....

in your custom selection thing, you may want to have all those text labels (the ones showing the command line switches) being transparent so your divider lines show through.

To hopefully stop people from saying it doesn't work.

Well!

People won't stop, of course, untill it works fine.

I didn't know that the previous release crashes! This is a newly reported bug.

If there are four shortcuts to uninstall Winamp, error messages show on my desktop when I wanted to listen to Shakira :) , launch link didn't work, library needs to be deleted, MSP file fix, and ...., then what works?

To hopefully stop people from saying it doesn't work.

Well!

People won't stop, of course, untill it works fine.

I didn't know that the previous release crashes! This is a newly reported bug.

If there are four shortcuts to uninstall Winamp, error messages show on my desktop when I wanted to listen to Shakira :) , launch link didn't work, library needs to be deleted, MSP file fix, and ...., then what works?

See i told ya the launch link dosent work !! wohoo..

Ok not that i'm happy about it, but now it sems that i was making some sense earlier :rolleyes:

Ok but thats not a big problem as i've rectified that error thru batch file.. so it can wait

Bye,

Jazz

Jazz

If you look at "Add or Remove Programs", you'll find two links for uninstalling Winamp, in addition to those two in Start menu. :D

This was reported by another member. More strange, one of them indicates that Winamp occupies 13.080 MB on your hard disk, and the other indicates 11.720 MB!!!

So, do I have two Winamps? :rolleyes:

Plus, there was a family size complaint about crashing problems. "jish releashe crashesh", grandpa said. :)

gen_ml.dll will disable the Media Library.

by same switchs i meant /qn

and by direclty after, when you have Winamp install using the MSI from the first post, install the patch afterwards.

The patch removes the offending file that are the actual cause, without removing functionality.

hi, can i call this file (using the same /qn parameters) via "msiexec -i" method?

it was okay calling an *.MSI via msiexec, i wonder if the same applies to the Winamp.MSP file. :)

i need this msiexec approach because i am running an autoit script when calling the *.MSI file. within autoit, i can't directly call an MSI file, im afraid the same might be true with MSP files.

i tried running msiexec -i winamp.msp thru the RUN dialog in windows but i got this error:

This installation package could not be opened

Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a

valid Windows Installer package.

i am now trying (but im unsure if i used the right parameters) this commandline:

msiexec -p winamp.msp /qn

i wonder if this is correct. :rolleyes:

XtremeMaC encourages Mazin(who thinks he can boss and threaten ppl) to continue the project!

@Mazin I don't know u are, and why u have been, from the very beginning, such an as***** about winamp. 1st your complains about eula now posting stupid things and trying to act like a father or whatever u think u are. I'm begging u to continue the project if u think u can do better.

Your last post was too nervous. You hurt people's feelings. You should go back and erase it. Try encouraging people to report bugs.

People who reported bugs are on the right side, and this is exactly what you need.

If you won't do that, I swear, I won't show up on your thread again and won't report anything, and this will be the last message to you.

Alright?

?yea who do u think u are? Do u think I give a **** about u? (no i've stopped doing further enhancements cause i don't have time, and this is what happens)

There u have it, a chance for u to start everything from the beginning..

I'm not trying to win any prizes. I merely did this msi for myself. I did it bc ppl were asking for it, and I haven't seen anyone else wanting to do it. I knew how to do, what to do so I started. I don't need any ppl like u to be bossing and bitching about what I do.

if u cannot appriciate anything that I do don't talk to me don't pm me, don't talk about me. I've spent countless hours on this.

lock it/ delete it/ ban me/ whatever!.........

XtremeMaC encourages Mazin(who thinks he can boss and threaten ppl) to continue the project!

@Mazin I don't know u are, and why u have been, from the very beginning, such an as***** about winamp. 1st your complains about eula now posting stupid things and trying to act like a father or whatever u think u are.  I'm begging u to continue the project if u think u can do better.

Your last post was too nervous. You hurt people's feelings. You should go back and erase it. Try encouraging people to report bugs.

People who reported bugs are on the right side, and this is exactly what you need.

If you won't do that, I swear, I won't show up on your thread again and won't report anything, and this will be the last message to you.

Alright?

?yea who do u think u are? Do u think I give a **** about u? (no i've stopped doing further enhancements cause i don't have time, and this is what happens)

There u have it, a chance for u to start everything from the beginning..

I'm not trying to win any prizes. I merely did this msi for myself. I did it bc ppl were asking for it, and I haven't seen anyone else wanting to do it. I knew how to do, what to do so I started. I don't need any ppl like u to be bossing and bitching about what I do.

if u cannot appriciate anything that I do don't talk to me don't pm me, don't talk about me. I've spent countless hours on this.

lock it/ delete it/ ban me/ whatever!.........

Well!

You need to erase this one, too. Or, you'd better see a doctor.