winamp 5.0.3a release!

XtremeMaC

USAGE

This Winamp MSI release lets you define command lines to install your favorite Audio/Video player.

Accepted Switches

• Xagent
  • Xlibrary
  • Xintex
    • Xhotkey
    • Xjump
    • Xtray

[*]Xmodernskin

[*]Xaudio

• Xwma
    • Xmid
    • Xmod
    • Xogg
    • Xaac
    • Xmp3enc
    • Xmp4
    • Xcdplay
    • Xsonic
    • Xcddb
    • Xwav

[*]Xvideo

• Xnsv
    • Xavi

[*]Xvisual

• Xtinyfull
    • Xavs
    • Xmilkdrop

[*]Xextra

• Xsignal
    • Xwritewav
    • Xdcout

[*]Xregopt

• Xdircont
    • Xtypecont
    • Xnetscape
    • Xaudiocd

[*]NEW switches

• Xname
    • Xkey

[*]Xfull

Command line Usage

simply put =1 to the components u want to install

so if I want to install Winamp agent I'd add

Winamp.msi Xagent=1

so if I want to install all Audio Components I'd add

Winamp.msi Xaudio=1

and that would add all the audio components so that u don't have to write all the sub-components of audio.

u can use multiple switches at the same time

so winamp.msi Xagent=1 Xaudio=1 Xvideo=1

and so on...

if u fully want to install Winamp use Xfull=1 option.

maybe it is a stupid question but if i dont want install winampagent how to disable this? Winamp.msi Xagent=0 ? or everything what is not set on 1 is standard disabled?

look for the picture below to see what i never use or install. for video i use bsplayer. for mp3 or other i use winamp.

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Winamp 5.03

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Winamp\Winamp.msi /QN Xagent=0 Xvideo=0 Xaudio=1 Xlibrary=0 Xmodernskin=1

is this correct?

uploadthat-mywinamp.JPG

i really should change that first post.

It should be fixed.....atleast I've had no problems...if you have any issues with a MSI you have, make sure you have the latest MSI in the first post. The link is near that top.

hehe yeah, you should ;-)

I will try it out. without the library option it works just fine.

yeah....

I haven't had time of late to up date it.....

I"ll try doing it over the next few days. Shouldn't take all that long, as when i did a snapshot to see what changes the new ones made, the registry entries stayed mostly the same. It's mainly the files that changes.....

yeah....

I haven't had time of late to up date it.....

I"ll try doing it over the next few days. Shouldn't take all that long, as when i did a snapshot to see what changes the new ones made, the registry entries stayed mostly the same. It's mainly the files that changes.....

@alanoll, do u want to write in the first post that Xextra is an important switch because my winamp is installed with

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Winamp\Winamp5.msi /QN Xaudio=1 Xmodernskin=1

and it dont work because there is no output.

do u want write also this in the first post at the end: just don't mention the options you don't want to have installed. Only the ones you want installed.

• 2 weeks later...

XtremeMac said that the script he uses for the downloads is.....alittle messed up.

He's fixing it. If it's not fixed soon, don't worry too much. I plan on an updated one being out this weekend (i believe I have time....)

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, new Winamp version 5.0.4, but my question is....

How many of you want a new MSI file this version? Or do you prefer this way : http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=22187

The second way means you won't have to wait for my busy schedule to have to time to remake this thing. It also shouldn't need all that many ways to change when they change the installer (not soon, current Winamp development is on hold for a bit).

It's up to yall, but no offense to those who want it, if there are only 1 or 2, there really isn't much point. So speak up now.

Alrighty, new Winamp version 5.0.4, but my question is....

How many of you want a new MSI file this version? Or do you prefer this way : http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=22187

The second way means you won't have to wait for my busy schedule to have to time to remake this thing. It also shouldn't need all that many ways to change when they change the installer (not soon, current Winamp development is on hold for a bit).

It's up to yall, but no offense to those who want it, if there are only 1 or 2, there really isn't much point. So speak up now.

i like the mazin way because it is nice to see how it moves and clicking automatically. my friends also like it to see.

if there come a msi i will try it... but mazin have give us two ways (a msi and a VB script?) to install winamp and that is enough i think.

this MSI was here first by the way :)

Also this MSI would be a complete remake of the original, so everything will be there, and you choose what to install via switches.

And I believe for awhile is was a competition between the two (XtremeMax and Mazin). His MSI requires you to do numerous steps. This is a one time download and you're done. Select what you want, badda bing badda boom.