[Guide]Way to Disable Keylogger/ Telemetry v3

aviv00

This seems to still be missed by people online. XP support has ended but that doesn't mean you stop seeing new updates offered by Windows Updates for non-OS products. This includes the Malicious Software Removal Tool, Office or whatever else.

Seems to me not altogether obvious what is part is "OS" and what part is "non-OS products".

-Noel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

What is the culture like that a software corporation would need/want a slogan like "don't be evil"?

The same in which the instructions below are required...

Incredibly :w00t: , I have by pure chance found an even better example :ph34r: (of course without even thinking of downgrade Douglas Adams' masterpiece :thumbup:)

A culture where some people actually buy these:

http://daneson.com/

(the good guys that manufacturer and sell them are actually an example of pure genius IMHO)

The further very good news is that the enterprise is environment friendly:

http://daneson.com/pages/about-daneson

and will replant ALL the birches (all fifteen of them ;) ) used in the manufacture of their products .

No, seriously, I had never (but I believe a lot of people did the same mistake) considered the deforestation risks derived by toothpick manufacturing in all it's amplitude.

I will have to work some math to calculate the number of gazillion toothpicks that can come out from a birch.

jaclaz

@dencorso

You do understand some Italian, don't you?

Here is a classic piece of comedy of the '60's (the background is that it is a parody of a known series of documentaries of the early times of Italian TV where the author traveled across Italy particularly small villages and remote zones to interview people and learn about typical crafts, food, habits, traditions, dialects, etc.)

Here:

jaclaz

Another sign that the end of the world is near :w00t::ph34r:

http://www.citylab.com/tech/2015/07/when-you-give-a-tree-an-email-address/398219/

Dear Birch #822,

I just wanted to tell you how your mate Birch #821's sacrifice has been of the utmost utility to me.

Only yesterday I went out for lunch and I chose without thinking some sausages and spinach in the menu,

completely forgetting that I had an only partially cured tooth cavity, right on the border of one of my

molars.

You may well imagine how it went, a large chunk of meat and spinach were wedged between that tooth

and my gum and was it not for a prompt intervention with a toothpick made from the body of your former

neighbour I would have been forced to feel that inconvenience for at least 1 or 2 hours.

I know that people don't think much about birches, and they do not-funny plays on words with letters r 

and t, very few people hug you or at least they hug you much less than what you deserve, I cannot afford 

to travel to the US to tell you this things in person or hug you, but I wanted to let you know how much I

care for you and respect you for your acceptance of being executed by chopping for the benefit of all

the people in the world.

Thank you.

[name witheld]

jaclaz

• 1 month later...

Why isn't this getting more attention? I think it is a great way to achieve stopping of telemetry. Why I think that? If all telemetry traffic goes through the RSVP protocol (which, as far as I know, was not present in Win<10), that gives us a simple single kill switch. As far as I know, there is no other useful use of that protocol (no other application uses it), so killing it would leave no harm. But more investigation is needed how much of the undesired traffic goes through that protocol. And unfortunately, to quote Jaclaz, I'm not that crazy to install Win10, even for scientific purposes, so somebody else should investigate that.

I'm not that crazy to install Win10, even for scientific purposes, so somebody else should investigate that.

Welcome to the club. :)

If all telemetry traffic goes through the RSVP protocol (which, as far as I know, was not present in Win<10).

Well not exactly a "new" protocol, JFYI:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa374124(v=vs.85).aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa374137(v=vs.85).aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa374413(v=vs.85).aspx

jaclaz

• 2 weeks later...

2m4ceo7.png

[Guide]Way to Disable Keylogger/ Telemetry v2

New METHOD to disabling all connections from OS outside [ no need to apply any other script just Cortana Blocking ]

run autoruns.exe

uncheck hide windows entries

search for v6

then uncheck them if u cant uncheck remove them leave just both

"RSVP UDPv6 Serivce Provider" Regs

that should totally disable traffic from OS to outsite

to restore default settings run

netsh winsock reset

[Guide]Way to Disable Keylogger/ Telemetry v1.05

For Enterprise - open cmd.exe with admin run the code

Tested on Enterprise

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection\ /v AllowTelemetry /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Use this Also for Other Editions

open cmd.exe with admin

then start the process

use Sc.exe to delete the 2 services

run this:

sc delete dmwappushsvcsc delete diagtrack

and deny system accessing the file AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl with cacls

go to the dir

cd C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLoggerecho "" > AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etlcacls  AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl  /d SYSTEMoricacls "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis" /remove:g system /inheritance:r /deny system:(OI)(CI)f

thats all

Edit

i run a test for day all good

but its running under the hood / kernel its very hard to ensure

i had no system crash or hiccups from this

Blocking Cortana v1

Change Search in Firewall advanced to block

or run this in cmd with admin

Powershell Set-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName search -Action Block

hi dude, thanks a lot good job :)