Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


Tihiy

OldNewExplorer 1.1.8

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, bapt said:

How did you do to have this "style" of context menu (immersive menu disabled) with the 1809 (as with the 1803) ?
With the registry key, it does not work anymore

Thanks so much

I had this by default, maybe it's because i installed special edition called Enterprise LTSC 2019, not Home/Pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, bapt said:

How did you do to have this "style" of context menu (immersive menu disabled) with the 1809 (as with the 1803) ?
With the registry key, it does not work anymore

Thanks so much

This is normal for the explorer window context menu on the command bar and address bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MrGRiM said:

This is normal for the explorer window context menu on the command bar and address bar.

Ok thank you, it's not like that in all context menus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tihiy

MS remove the option to disable ImmersiveContextMenu in Windows 10 1809.
It seems to be an easy fix for CDefView::_DoContextMenuPopup, but I guess we really need your skills for the CProperTreeHost::CreateHWNDInternal part.

Can we get rid of the blurry menus with the next ONE release?

Edited by JFX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:01 PM, JFX said:

@Tihiy

MS remove the option to disable ImmersiveContextMenu in Windows 10 1809.
It seems to be an easy fix for CDefView::_DoContextMenuPopup, but I guess we really need your skills for the CProperTreeHost::CreateHWNDInternal part.

Can we get rid of the blurry menus with the next ONE release?

@Tihiy UP please :P

Edited by bapt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed something interesting using OldNewFile Explorer on Windows 10 1809 build 17763.134.  Whenever I have the Dark Theme turned on and put the Details Pane at the bottom of Explorer, I end up with this:

P3F2DLn.png

It may be hard to notice in the image, so here's a close up:

gCoR3bF.png

For some reason, the border to the Details Pane is brown.  This isn't particularly fitting with the rest of the theme.  Does anybody know why this is, or how to change to color to, say for example, a dark gray?

 

Here's what the border looks like without OldNewExplorer and the Dark Theme, for reference:

CgutYzK.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody here know how to change the up (go to parent folder) button icon? I am 99% sure its icon is in shell32.dll but i am unable to find the way without modifying dll itself (which creates havoc in 8.1/10). (can you help me @MrGRiM?)

Also @Tihiy, can you give option just like custom nav bar to override the up button icon? It is too frustrating to find the uifile for that specific icon. 

There is a very minor bug with latest ONE, the search bar in explorer gets clipped upto edge. Not bothering me but just indicating.

Edited by yash.chauhan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 12:38 AM, yash.chauhan said:

Does anybody here know how to change the up (go to parent folder) button icon? I am 99% sure its icon is in shell32.dll but i am unable to find the way without modifying dll itself (which creates havoc in 8.1/10). (can you help me @MrGRiM?)

Also @Tihiy, can you give option just like custom nav bar to override the up button icon? It is too frustrating to find the uifile for that specific icon. 

There is a very minor bug with latest ONE, the search bar in explorer gets clipped upto edge. Not bothering me but just indicating.

I have been adding all my custom icons to the shell32.dll.mui file in C:\Windows\System32\en-US, you can make a copy of the shell32.dll and add all the custom icons you want then export the icon folder as a res file using Restorator making sure you only save the modified resources, then make a copy of the shell32.dll.mui file and open the file in Restorator, then drag and drop the res file you made on the open file in the left column in Restorator, you should now be able to save the modified file. After that you will need to take ownership of the shell32.dll.mui file then rename it to shell32.dll.mui.bak, then copy the modified shell32.dll.mui file back to that folder, you will then have to restart explorer or restart windows to take effect, you may also nee to clear the icon cache.

 

To clear the icon cache I just use a batch file with this in it.

 

@ECHO OFF
cd\
taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
SET FILE98=*.db
SET PATH98=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\
SET FILE99=IconCache.db
SET PATH99=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local
CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
DEL IconCache.db /a
IF EXIST %FILE99% (
        attrib -H "%PATH99%\%FILE99%"
	del "%PATH99%\%FILE99%" )
IF EXIST %FILE98% (
        attrib -H "%PATH98%\%FILE98%"
	del "%PATH98%\%FILE98%" )
IF EXIST IconCache.db (
DEL IconCache.db /a )
CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows
del /f /s /q Explorer\*.*
del /f /s /q Explorer\iconcache*.*
del /f /s /q Explorer\thumbcache*.*
DEL /f /s /q Explorer\thumbcache*.* /a
START %windir%\"explorer.exe"
EXIT

Good luck, this is the only way I know works without causing a black screen.

 

Unless Tihiy can give you a better solution.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MrGRiM said:

I have been adding all my custom icons to the shell32.dll.mui file in C:\Windows\System32\en-US, you can make a copy of the shell32.dll and add all the custom icons you want then export the icon folder as a res file using Restorator making sure you only save the modified resources, then make a copy of the shell32.dll.mui file and open the file in Restorator, then drag and drop the res file you made on the open file in the left column in Restorator, you should now be able to save the modified file. After that you will need to take ownership of the shell32.dll.mui file then rename it to shell32.dll.mui.bak, then copy the modified shell32.dll.mui file back to that folder, you will then have to restart explorer or restart windows to take effect, you may also nee to clear the icon cache.

 

To clear the icon cache I just use a batch file with this in it.

 


@ECHO OFF
cd\
taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
SET FILE98=*.db
SET PATH98=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\
SET FILE99=IconCache.db
SET PATH99=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local
CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
DEL IconCache.db /a
IF EXIST %FILE99% (
        attrib -H "%PATH99%\%FILE99%"
	del "%PATH99%\%FILE99%" )
IF EXIST %FILE98% (
        attrib -H "%PATH98%\%FILE98%"
	del "%PATH98%\%FILE98%" )
IF EXIST IconCache.db (
DEL IconCache.db /a )
CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows
del /f /s /q Explorer\*.*
del /f /s /q Explorer\iconcache*.*
del /f /s /q Explorer\thumbcache*.*
DEL /f /s /q Explorer\thumbcache*.* /a
START %windir%\"explorer.exe"
EXIT

Good luck, this is the only way I know works without causing a black screen.

 

Unless Tihiy can give you a better solution.

HOLY s***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

This is one of the best thing i came to know of replacing a dll resource without creating havoc or welcoming a disaster!

This truly worked and it even allowed to replace bitmap for the navigation pane! (still ONE is useful if using theme like windows 7, which has different navigation pane bg). Thanks a lot man @MrGRiM!!!!

Capture.thumb.PNG.a64df9a7c48d5bc6f31400a14efc9a49.PNG

One more help, do you know where the background for address bar lies? (i am asking for specific dll, because the one with msstyle edit(Toolbars, header & rebar>rebar>aero>normal>active>background) messes up with internet explorer address bar) I have uploaded the image.

Capture2.thumb.PNG.2d33f9cae4bd215ebf754e2070b5f5bf.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stefani2983 said:

In Dark mode, glass on navbar option is invalid.

Can you check on internet explorer it looks like the one i posed above?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...