Office Shrinker [reduce source of o2k3/xp/2k]

buckeyeXP

I'm using turkish version of O2003.

made a admin install and slipstreamed sp2 and post sp2 patches. And ran shrink.exe. Asked for setup .exe and mst file. gave correct answers. But when microsoft installer loads gives an error like this installation corrupted. Tried lots of times but no luck.

Any help?

kardes derdını soyle bende yardımcı olabılırım

Hello,

Can't get the shrinker to work on an win 98 machine: keeps hanging at the first error 1308.

Tried on a winXP machine and it works perfect but i can't use that shrinked version on my 98 machine.

I'm using the dutch version of office 2000.

Anybody knows what i can do?

Edited by kriskevn

I'm using turkish version of O2003.

made a admin install and slipstreamed sp2 and post sp2 patches. And ran shrink.exe. Asked for setup .exe and mst file. gave correct answers. But when microsoft installer loads gives an error like this installation corrupted. Tried lots of times but no luck.

Any help?

kardes derdını soyle bende yardımcı olabılırım

My issue is up there.

Sorunum yukarıda yazıyor kardeşim. Herşeyi doğru yapıyorum ama shrink yaparken bu yükleme kaynapı bozulmuş diyor. yardımcı olabilirsen pm ile bana ulaşırmısın?

sorun su benım anladıgım kadarı ıle 3 farklı offıce var 2 surum oluyor ama 3, surum olmuyor sanırım bızım turkıyedekı surumde bundan ıbaret cok denedım olmuyor

ben farklı olarak ofis source ve target yollarını değiştirerek srinki çalıştırdım ve ofis uygulaması başarıyla yüklendi dedi .yüklendide, fakat dosya boyutunda herhangi bir daralma olmadı 578mb aynen duruyor

Hello,

Still no luk on my 98 machine. Does this program works on an WIN98 SE machine?

I'm using the dutch office 2000. The shrinker works on my winXP SP2. But on my 98 machine it keeps hanging at the first error message. And if i use the schrinked version from the winXP on the win98 i get a fatal error.

Anybody an idea?

Edited by kriskevn

follow the instructions and everything went fine with office 2k3 sp2 with nov. updates.

but after install......the updates still on microsoft update.

if i use the same office source but not shrinked the updates are not there.....

any ideeas?

There's something stupid going on. I've used this with Word 2002 dutch version and it worked like a charm. Now I have an Office 2003 Pro version. I did everything according to plan. It starts, then states that the file (for example "aw10graph") isn't there. So I checked and it was definately there! Now I'm lost. How weird. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!:D

HELP!

I can't get BuckeyeXP's Shrink program to work at all. I've done everything to the T that these posts suggest. I've made sure I'm using a clean XP w/o office, checked and double checked my admin install.

It looks like it runs, but after about 10 minutes into the shrink, it starts to backup and tells me that the setup is cancelled. I've tried on different machines w/ fresh images, and same thing. Is there a newer version of the Shrink app anywhere? Has anyone else been able to resolve this problem? It cant just be me w/ this issue since I've tried on multiple computers. The Shrink program was made with AutoIT. Anyone know the passphrase? I thought I could decompile it and see why it might be breaking. How small does the Shrink app actually make Office before I compress it further with 7-zip? Any help you can provide is greatly apprecitated. Thanks.

I shrunk office 2003 with custom installation of word,excel,powerpoint, and access which down to 88 MB after 7zip. Then I use nlite to integrate as hotfix. I had problem with the installation about error reporting serive. Then I use nanaki autoit script to press I to ignore the error. It worked like charm. Thank you very much BuckeyeXP and Nanaki!!! :thumbup