Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

If you already installed it then 1) you either enabled secure boot which blocks DLL loading or 2) you used some 3rd party tweaker which messed up your settings and deleted the DLL from loading list.

Secure Boot is not applicable on Intel DH55TC MoBo, So I am not using this feature of Windows 8 OS, and I have not used any 3rd party tweakers on my system. Its quite Strange that Aero Glass was working without any issues for few days :o!!!

hello! bigmuscle.

I have already donated for you, and got the license, the next step is put the key into c:\aeroglass?, I put it in it but doesn't work! I restart the computer, but the problem still there, is there anything with my steps? thank you!

Hmm, I can't get the custom theme resource working... I'm trying to add glow effect around windows titles, but it's not working!

I created the string in regedit under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM and named it CustomThemeResource with the string value of: "C:\AeroGlass\win8rtmglow.png" (yes, with quotation marks)...

Edited by CoolPrizes

hello! bigmuscle.

I have already donated for you, and got the license, the next step is put the key into c:\aeroglass?, I put it in it but doesn't work! I restart the computer, but the problem still there, is there anything with my steps? thank you!

debug.log should display reason why license was not loaded. If debug.log is not present in your aeroglass folder then you either don't have privileges to this folder or DLL is loaded from different folder.

A small issue with this: the right edge of a window doesn't have a black outline, but the rest of the edges do.

You have to enable: "Show shadows under windows" (otherwise can not be)

step4.jpg

hello! bigmuscle.

debug.log should display reason why license was not loaded. If debug.log is not present in your aeroglass folder then you either don't have privileges to this folder or DLL is loaded from different folder.

so, how can i comfigure the debug.log?

Edited by qklovehs

hello! bigmuscle.

Hmm, I can't get the custom theme resource working... I'm trying to add glow effect around windows titles, but it's not working!

I created the string in regedit under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM and named it CustomThemeResource with the string value of: "C:\AeroGlass\win8rtmglow.png" (yes, with quotation marks)...

Theme looks great Arr0w, but could use a more discrete background shadow for those windows, just like in the picture 2 pages ago, where you show us the bugs with thunderbird. The shadow for the "System" window is just awesome, if you could make it all around. thanks for your work

Edited by surcix