Aero Glass for Win8 1.3

Can anybody confirm taskbar problem? It does not seem like the bug in Aero Glass (if Windows on secondary display are blurred correctly) but rather that some 3rd party application simply disables the blur.

Works fine on two monitors here. I enabled the Taskbar on my second monitor (something I don't normally do) and it has transparency and all the characteristics of the Taskbar on the first monitor. Both monitors are identical.

-Noel

Maybe I should have waited a while, but when I first installed 1.2 it worked fine, so I donated. Then, it stopped working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (keeping the rego code safe) and I'm still getting nothing.

Windows 8 64bit

16gb Ram

2gb video ram

Are there any programs that you know of that prevents Aero Glass from working?

EDIT: I checked the registry, and somehow the value for C"\AeroGlass got scrambled to C:\AERGLA~\

manually edited it, rebooted, and it's working again.

Edited by Nowonmai

One of the things, in my Windows tuning book, that I advise people to do is to consider deconfiguring the NTFS feature that generates short filenames.

If you don't actually have any programs that use them - and these would generally be ANCIENT programs at this point - then the system runs more efficiently AND you don't have situations like what you described occur.

As I recall, (and my memory isn't what it used to be) it seems to me BigMuscle said some time during the beta testing period that the installation folder should be one that has 8 characters or less in the name. I chose C:\BIN myself.

-Noel

One of the things, in my Windows tuning book, that I advise people to do is to consider deconfiguring the NTFS feature that generates short filenames.

If you don't actually have any programs that use them - and these would generally be ANCIENT programs at this point - then the system runs more efficiently AND you don't have situations like what you described occur.

As I recall, (and my memory isn't what it used to be) it seems to me BigMuscle said some time during the beta testing period that the installation folder should be one that has 8 characters or less in the name. I chose C:\BIN myself.

-Noel

Not that much of a noob.. system is already NTFS, first thing I checked when I bought the computer.

Something during the upgrading/updating Windows 8 changed the setting in Windows Registry. If I was a noob, I wouldn't have known to dive right on in and fix it. :)

Hello ! For some reason after Windows 8 boots, instead of login screen, my monitor enters power saving mode, 3 resets in a row. After the 4th reset, it logs on and i can use windows normally. Don't know if it's from AeroGlass or something to do with my graphics card driver ( nvidia gtx 460 ). I reinstalled Windows 8 and installed AeroGlass and the problem was gone. Bad thing is the license doesn't work anymore, and i didn't want to reactivate it online. I restored my previous Windows 8 with Acronis and the problem with logon and power saving mode is back.

The question is: if i do a Windows 8 Refresh, will the license still work, or the refresh will count as a fresh windows install and the activation code for AeroGlass change again ? I think normally it shouldn't, but i'm not certain. Is the activation code just hardware related ( hdd, cpu ) or it depends on hardware + windows installation ?

Regards and thank you in advance !

Yeah, i read that in the guide, but my SSD remains the same, my cpu didn't change. Is the exact same system. I just recreated the partitions on it. And still the pop-up appears with a activation code different from the original one. Why is that ? If it's SSD and CPU related, shoudn't the license stay the same ? What am i doing wrong ? And please give me an answer about the Refresh Windows option, because this would be the best solution to my needs. Thank you bigmuscle !

Edited by surcix

New partitions should not be the problem if the partition where you have installed your operating system is still on the same disk. What AG version do you use? Send me your debug.log (together with your machine code) and your paypal e-mail via PM, I will try to check what is wrong.

I will send them to you as soon as i get home on that pc, in about 2 hrs. I'm using version 1.2. And then i'll try to Refresh Windows 8. It should get rid of all the apps and programs and leave me with a fresh installation, and after that try the license key again. Thanks for your help. If that doesn't work i'll donate again, no problems.

Hi bigmuscle,

I have a small problem :

I had to reinstall Windows 8 Pro on my PC. When i reinstalled Aero Glass, it gave me the "please donate" pop-up again.

So i had to recreate a license key from the website, but now i won't be able to create a third key for my laptop. Is it possible to delete the first one and only keep the last two ?

I can PM you my PayPal address and Zip Code.

Thank you in advance, and keep up the good work !