Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

AERO GLASS for Win8.1 Release Candidate 1

Not much changes:

* a few fixes

* donation key is loaded from donation.key file (license.key still supported but it will be removed in the future)

* added more error logging

* added 32-bit build

* added settings to tweak text glow effect: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:TextGlowMode (DWORD): 0x0=No glow effect, 0x1=Glow effect loaded from atlas, 0x2=Glow effect loaded from atlas and theme opacity is respected, 0x3=Composited glow effect using your theme settings

I'm not sure if I changed something more.

http://glass8.berlios.de/win81.html

Awesome update BM, love the new text glow options, I like option 2 and 3 both of those work really well, tested on x64 and x86 both working great so far.

It seems to work quite well.

I went with glow option 1, which I find ideal: Even though I keep my glass areas quite translucent and love dark (astro) backgrounds, I can still see the titles on both active and inactive windows just fine.

Bravo, BigMuscle!

-Noel

Yes, by all means if you have the knowledge to do so, please see if you can restore glow to the titles of ribbon windows. That would add a lot of value in my opinion.

I already use the title + add glow feature in ClassicShell to restore glow-backed titles to IE windows, but File Explorer and Wordpad are still dark. With File Explorer it's not so bad since the path is what I want to see and ClassicShell can configure it so that the path is shown in the address box full-time (breadcrumbs disable). But having a real title on File Explorer windows would be icing on the cake.

SeveralClassicShellSettings.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

btw, if anyone is interested I could create a little DLL to re-enable glow on ribbon windows (it would be separate from aero glass).

This already works with Aero Glass if the theme supports it. So, basically you would just override the theme's glow settings?

It would be nice if the theme's glow settings could also be overridden by Aero Glass if certain registry values were present (intensity and size). In my case it would have the benefit that I wouldn't have to modify the theme and therefore wouldn't need any mechanism to bypass theme signature checking.

If you plan to release a separate DLL, it would be nice if the glow of non-ribbon windows could also be fixed by it as it is in Aero Glass. Then Aero Glass wouldn't be necessary if fixing the glow is the only goal.

i will phone microsoft for its later the service offline

ok, but I until you do it, you should remove your content, because I doubt that this forum wants to be connected with warez.

MSFN cannot police all sites linked to from their Forum however the direct link to the mediafire executable has been removed. It can still be accessed via the onlinelinkscan page within the original message body.