Hello everyone, I have a question about upgrading an old pc I have

jca2012

Hello before I had joined the army a few years back I bought a gaming pc from dell. XPS 410 Core Duo 2 put windows 7 on here as well. I recently just got out of the Army and realized so much has changed in only so few years that I need to catch up to life and to my pc hehe. So I have upgraded it a little and was wondering what you guys thought and if there are any more upgrades I can do before I got rid of it or sold it if I could not sure how much it would be worth now. But I thought about trying to upgrade processor and hard drive. Maybe motherboard if possible and keeping the same type of memory if possible or not. I am sure there are a lot of experts here and I'd loved to hear your advice and hope this is the right forum for this! Thanks so much! Here is a cpu-z specs of what i have done so far on this system.

http://valid.canardpc.com/2875044

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit SP1 (Build 7601)
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Core2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S), EM64T, VT-x
CPUID : 6.F.6 / Extended : 6.F
CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 32 / 2 x 32 KB - L2 : 4096 KB
Core : Conroe (65 nm) / Stepping : B2
Freq : 1596.09 MHz (266.02 * 6)
MB Brand : Dell
MB Model : 0WG855
NB : Intel P965/G965 rev C2
SB : Intel 82801HH (ICH8DH) rev B0
GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
DirectX Version : 11.0
RAM : 8192 MB DDR2
RAM Speed : Unknown (Unknown) @ N/A
Slot 1 : 2048MB (5300)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Kingston
Slot 2 : 2048MB (5300)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Kingston
Slot 3 : 2048MB (5300)
Slot 3 Manufacturer : Kingston
Slot 4 : 2048MB (6400)
Slot 4 Manufacturer : PNY Electronics

The 965 chipset only supports 1066 MHz FSB CPUs, so the fastest CPU that thing could support would be a QX6700 (quad 2.66 GHz/8M cache.)

QX6700s are rare and expensive due to their limited production runs, you'd be lucky to find one for less than $100.

The next quad down would be a Q6600, but it runs at a slower 2.4 GHz. You'd still have better threading performance ,but worse single thread performance from the lower clock.

If it were me, I wouldn't put another dime into that thing and just sell it as is. Adding a larger drive or the top end CPU isn't going to make it fetch a higher price due to its age.

Maybe motherboard if possible and keeping the same type of memory if possible or not.

RAM : 8192 MB DDR2

RAM Speed : Unknown (Unknown) @ N/A

Slot 1 : 2048MB (5300)

Slot 1 Manufacturer : Kingston

Slot 2 : 2048MB (5300)

Slot 2 Manufacturer : Kingston

Slot 3 : 2048MB (5300)

Slot 3 Manufacturer : Kingston

Slot 4 : 2048MB (6400)

Slot 4 Manufacturer : PNY Electronics

If you are going to stick with this board, you should probably try to get matching sets of memory.

If it were me, I wouldn't put another dime into that thing and just sell it as is. Adding a larger drive or the top end CPU isn't going to make it fetch a higher price due to its age.

Sell in parts on ebay to get the most out of it and use that cash for your new build, but, the system is good for averyday taks like non-game or any heavy modern programs (3D, video editing, etc.). You can still use the Windows 7 license for your new system (might have to call MS for an activation). You might like the housing, that's not worth much on ebay.

Do you have a good reputation on ebay? If so than put 4.95-9.95USD for shipping on each part and let people bid on it.