Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

DosProbie

Can you make this, but with the windows being the same colour with taskbar?If you remove all the colours from the colorization panel the window is kinda whiteish..Though the taskbar is clear glass!Can you make the same with windows?And maybe keep the colour in min,max,close buttons!Or remove that too, i am just sayin.. :P

5ev1e.jpg

You mean like this? (I had this done for a while now. The white tints have been toned down to keep it towards the original Consumer Preview, but the Window frames are that of Windows 7.

(((Credit to eggi36 and MrGRiM01 for the original themes and patches)))

I want try with the taskbar the same color where is the files?

After looking around the Windows Style Builder 1.6 A little more... I present...

Windows Neo Longhorn (Currently a Work-in-Progress). There are some stuff I may still tweak. ( This version made for Windows 8.1 only due to the "Show Desktop" area in the taskbar. It's been resized from Windows 8 but I will make a Windows 8 version with the Show Desktop resized. Nothing else will change except that small area. )

5hmM1.PNG

Windows Style Builder 1.6 Window Frames and Taskbar

Window frame location

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Tool Window

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Aero Peek Window

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Shadowless Window

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Details > Shadows (Shadows around the Window frame)

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Details > Reflections (Aero Peek Reflection)

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Details > Glows (Text Glow)

Caption Button Locations

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Controls > Captions > Window > Close Button (The Dropdown Menus are where u find the actual button and the Glyph Symbols they're associated with)

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Controls > Captions > Window > Restore/Maximize Button (The Dropdown Menus are where u find the actual button and the Glyph Symbols they're associated with)

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Controls > Captions > Window > Minimize/Help Button (The Dropdown Menus are where u find the actual button and the Glyph Symbols they're associated with)

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Controls > Captions > Tool Window > Small Button

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Controls > Captions > Tool Window > Small Button Glyph

Taskbar Location

Taskbar & System Tray > Taskbar > Aero > Taskbar (This is for the Start Button area and the notifications area where the System Clock is.)

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Background Bottom (This is for the area where your Taskbar Icons are pinned.)

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Background Top (This is for the area where your Taskbar Icons are pinned.)

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand (Vertical) > Background Left (This is for the area where your Taskbar Icons are pinned.)

Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand (Vertical) > Background Right (This is for the area where your Taskbar Icons are pinned.)

Hope this helps

Edited by DoubleSAnimations

An update to my Aero theme that was originally made for windows 8.

Hi Night,

Glad that you made this for Win 8.1! Thanks so much! It looks as nice as the one for Win 8. There is only one thing I'd like to ask about. When I click on the bookmark of Firefox, the arrows to show the links inside a folder are too big. On IE and Maxthon they display very OK.

I don't know if it happens to anyone else or just on my computer. Can you check it up, please? Thank you again for sharing the theme.

An update to my Aero theme that was originally made for windows 8.

Hi Night,

Glad that you made this for Win 8.1! Thanks so much! It looks as nice as the one for Win 8. There is only one thing I'd like to ask about. When I click on the bookmark of Firefox, the arrows to show the links inside a folder are too big. On IE and Maxthon they display very OK.

I don't know if it happens to anyone else or just on my computer. Can you check it up, please? Thank you again for sharing the theme.

its an issue with firefox. Its menus get wonky when changed in a msstyle.

My Windows 8.1 desktop, made to look this way without any registry or system file modifications with help from the talented Big Muscle with Aero Glass (and Custom RP Theme Atlas by me) and the always amazing Tihiy with StartIsBack and the new 8.1 Explorer Improvement project.

yi4qdb82iqaba27fg.jpg

Are the Themeable Control Panel Navigation Panes going to be part of the project? And I'm looking forward to this new project.

This wont be a standard feature, I have asked for it though and it will be implemented in a different way, it will be theme specific and be implemented in the way of modified UI files in shellstyle.dll so if a custom theme uses custom navigation panes for the control panel they will be applied with the theme, this will also be the same for other theme specific changes, so if you have a topshell theme (details pane on top) then you can add the custom UI files to the shellstyle.dll and it will be applied with the theme as shown in the image below.

8k838z8maosrhqbfg.jpg

Are the Themeable Control Panel Navigation Panes going to be part of the project? And I'm looking forward to this new project.

This wont be a standard feature, I have asked for it though and it will be implemented in a different way, it will be theme specific and be implemented in the way of modified UI files in shellstyle.dll so if a custom theme uses custom navigation panes for the control panel they will be applied with the theme, this will also be the same for other theme specific changes, so if you have a topshell theme (details pane on top) then you can add the custom UI files to the shellstyle.dll and it will be applied with the theme as shown in the image below.

I see. I was only asking, because, and I'm not sure if you got my deviantart message or not, but in any case, disregard it. I had asked about the Control Navigation Panes in the Windows Style Builder, eventually I went through the comments of your Shell32 Patch for Windows 8 and figured out how to do it. I just wish it was easy to add in.

I've been wanting to get xXiNightXx's Aero 8, 8.1, and his Windows Vista VS (For Windows 8 only), modified to support the CP Navigation Panes.