Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Great Job!

I bought it today and it works great. 3$ are absolutely fine for such a great tool! I haven't found anything better so far :) The translation (german) works great. Thank you very much.

Edited by crackhawk

Thanks Tihiy, my first step will be bought the 2 or 5 licenses key.

Then, I would like to integrate into Windows 8 image using the classic $OEM$ dir.

Just a question. Is there any silent installation switch? Like "setup.exe /s"

That's quite an impressive product and website you've got there. While I prefer the Classic Shell for the Start Menu for its customizability, I am really interested in the other StartIsBack features like turning the Start Screen into a Metro-only Apps screen. Plus, it's nice to have Windows Search integration in the menu which Classic Shell lacks. This is the preferred solution over Start8 for me :yes: Congrats for 1.0 I can keep Win key to open StartIsBack and Classic Shell to open by mouse click - best of both worlds. Yes I am greedy. :w00t:

Edited by xpclient

Thanks Tihiy, my first step will be bought the 2 or 5 licenses key.

Then, I would like to integrate into Windows 8 image using the classic $OEM$ dir.

Just a question. Is there any silent installation switch? Like "setup.exe /s"

Unfortunately, not yet. The easiest integration method i can think of is all-users install and os capture into install.wim.

Also, don't know if this was suggested, you should add a shortcut in the menu where we can access Metro as well would be a good idea.

Create a shortcut to '%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{2559a1f8-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f0}' as described here. Pin it to start menu and voila.