win6x_registry_tweak

Legolash2o

The one who is running software he will never understand is calling me Troll   :(. ok, only wanna help, but your "extra" troll actions like "Github method first" wouldn't be neccessary if wim_tweak would work properly.

I wrote my own applicatiion, which do it's job properly and in 1/3 of time wim_tweak is doing. Serveral tests are approving that.

Edit: 

you screwed your system up so bad

I know what you mean, but i only using fresh installations and the Installations are original, not modified.

Edited by Trolleule

I wrote my own applicatiion, which do it's job properly and in 1/3 of time wim_tweak is doing. Serveral tests are approving that.

OK show us what you got. Above you said you were not a programmer
Edited by maxXPsoft

hey,

i only said, that i'm not a good C++, C# programmer. My strength is python. Currently python + django. My script is written in AutoIT. It's similar to BASIC and not object oriented, but easy to learn and fast.

My script is more extensive than wim_tweak, so you are able to use some DISM functions like mount, unmount, remove packages and remove provisionedappxpackages but so it's more prone to errors.

So be pleasant, if one or more errors occur, it has still alpha status and i have not much time til beginning of feb -> means that i had no time to test all scenarios.

Notice: Some functions require NET Framework 3.5.

Mess with it if you can, you're welcome. You will have to install https://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?autoit3/autoit-v3-setup.exe to compile source.

EXE:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11218660/PackageRemover.rar.html

Package Remover v1.0.exe -> 1.49 MB

Package Remover v1.0_x64.exe -> 1.60 MB

source.rar

Edited by Trolleule

My script is more extensive than wim_tweak, so you are able to use some DISM functions like mount, unmount, remove packages and remove provisionedappxpackages but so it's more prone to errors.

Perhaps you should have not joined another app post criticizing what works really well for a long time. Yes its old

Start a post of your own in the right place. You do this for 10 or will it work also on 7 and 8?

I opened it and got the _DLLStructDisplay.au3 right away and found the au3 in your post in Autoit forum. Is it needed or comment out?

Then image errors cause hard coded path C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\PackageRemover\tmp\images

It only works for a long time, because this tweak is experimental and not documented by microsoft. No one can say for sure which negative side effects this tweak will have, because there are only a few people out there who know what legolas is doing exactly, but most of them doesn't matter. I think the side effects are not critical but i already figured out one problem, that wim_tweak is causing:

I used wim_tweak on a fresh installation of windows 10 and was wondering why enabling Net Framework 3.5 (for default: disabled) failed every time. And after first try it will completely removed from feature list (dism /online /get-features), so you never would be able to install it. I think this happens, because net framework as features is i a special state by default "payload removed" and the missing "Owner" keys will prevent, that it can be installed properly by its' parent packages. Maybe the non "Payload removed" state is the reason why it's working on your system maxXPsoft. You're using Windows 7? -> When i mount my original windows 10 (Build 1511) install.wim file, net framework has this state by default. 

By trying to find out a solution i found a lot of threads created by people who might used wim_tweak and now wondering why they are not able to solve this issue.

When i have more time (give me 2 weeks) i will create a seperate thread, perhaps the coming days.

My script supports 7, 8 and 10, but only 8 and 10 are shipped with dismapi.dll.

It creates a config file, which you can use to define a path to the dismapi.dll ->

default path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Deployment Tools\amd64\DISM\dismapi.dll

Windows 7 user will have to install "Windows ADK für Windows 8.1" but i think i can include the neccessary files, then ADK will not be required.

EDIT: All my tests were performed on Windows 10, but i will complete that.

EDIT2: oh i forgot to remove a library... I did some fixes. Try this 

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11238673/PackageRemover.rar.html

For the Windows 7 users, i included the api files, they are built-in now, so i temporary removed the setting to set a path to dismapi.dll. There might be only a problem with Windows 8 and DISM, but i will test that too!

Notice: You shouldn't use the 32-Bit Version under 64-Bit OS!

Edited by Trolleule

• 2 weeks later...

I used wim_tweak on a fresh installation of windows 10 and was wondering why enabling Net Framework 3.5 (for default: disabled) failed every time.

.Net 3.5 I use the install off Dvd as first thing when I hit the desktop. Dvd is still in there after fresh setup so

ECHO Need your dvd/usb Drive letterDISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:F:\sources\sxs

ahh ok, you used wim_tweak after enabling .NET ?

You should try to use wim_tweak first and the trying to enable NET, it will fail, see attach!

NOPE

Do them in order they need to be. Done this 20 times or more and I'm trying to prune things and get my order set. That may help with creation of a tool to do this especially since we will be seeing this every 3-4 months FULL install which wipes everything

First hit desktop

Well first thing that happens is it try to update OneDrive. Fire off script to taskkill and uninstall

1. 10_OneDrive_Uninstaller_v0.4.cmd

DVD/USB still in there what next?

2. 10_.NET3.5withDVD.cmd

3. add all my reg tweaks by reg or cmd to set things I want to make life easier.

4. Wait on it to install graphics drivers it wants to even though I have installed exactly what it is putting on %$#@*&

5. Time to kill Cortana and STORE

Haven't installed the 14251.1000 yet but will when I get time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys

Thanks so much for the useful info here , I found this topic cause I want to remove the default installation of adobe flash player form my windows 8.1 pc and it actually worked out ,but since I'm a noob in such kind of things, and just copy and paste command don't make me a guy who understand what is doing , I would like to know if someon can point me out to a tutorial or something like that, maybe ther's still a kind of procedure for removing such crappy things like adobe flash

Thanks in advance

Becmade

• 4 months later...

install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe is the same as install_wim_tweak.exe ???

i've download install_wim_tweak.exe ,after i've run it and i haven't found in my dism packeges list : windows defender .

Im working on windows 7 via Dism.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there a way add componets back, especially in live windows?

Where can be found List of "Packages u SHOULD save" for Windows 10?

How utility removes the packages? By itself, or use system tools?

Edited by Lity

• 2 months later...

Anyone knows why this tool says it removed the packages but actually it didn't remove anything?
I'm trying to remove some stuff from Windows 7 x64 in offline mode; I didn't get any error message, but the image size is identical and if I install the system the packages are still present.

I also tried the latest version, no way.

• 2 weeks later...

ive installed the "install_wim_tweak.exe" with the default settings

@echo off
cd /d "%~dp0"
echo Uninstalling Cortana...
CLS
install_wim_tweak.exe /h
install_wim_tweak.exe /h Microsoft-Windows-Cortana /h
install_wim_tweak.exe /h
echo Cortana should be uninstalled. Please reboot Windows 10.
pause

is it possible to activate the local search function afterwards? my OS is Windows 10 x64 and when i click on the windows button i want to type in something to search on my local computer but it stops working. also when i click the right mouse button on the windows button and go to search it makes nothing. ive tried a lot but cant find the solution.

maybe you guys can help me?