WinNTSetup v5.3.5

JFX

That's because it is part of Windows 10/11. But old systems and WinPE are missing it.

@JFX

Issue on new version 5.3.5 (not present on 5.3.4)

If I would create a new language file the program ask for filename about new dll file but didn't save the file.

Thanks.

Interesting, didn't know about that Bitlocker stuff in W11. I guess I didn't run into it yet, because I never save data in places where Microsoft "recommends" it, only on my own drive letters and TrueCrypt containers.

So other data that you store in (for example) the "My Documents" folder etc. is now always encrypted? Who can share some more info on this please?

17 hours ago, belivakov said:

@JFX, please add an option to disable the Bitlocker in the Tweaking page, because of the new M$ policy for Windows 11 (24H2):

Just add this to your unattend.xml --> oobsystem.

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-SecureStartup-FilterDriver" processorArchitecture="amd64" language="neutral" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" versionScope="nonSxS">
      <PreventDeviceEncryption>true</PreventDeviceEncryption>
    </component>

10 hours ago, wuliyen said:

WinSxS.ini
Keep all files in the folder Manifests,
How to set up?

If you want to keep most of the WinSxS folder than delete WinSxS.ini.
Without it you black\white list WinSxS files like all other in the Remove folder.

Thanks JFX for the bitlocker script, I have inserted it too, and I believe it is used at the outset, when u first install the iso.

how do I eradicate bitlocker from an already installed os? would the same "script" apply? if it would, how and where?

3 hours ago, JFX said:

Just add this to your unattend.xml --> oobsystem.

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-SecureStartup-FilterDriver" processorArchitecture="amd64" language="neutral" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" versionScope="nonSxS">
      <PreventDeviceEncryption>true</PreventDeviceEncryption>
    </component>

If you want to keep most of the WinSxS folder than delete WinSxS.ini.
Without it you black\white list WinSxS files like all other in the Remove folder.

OK

Posted (edited)

TX wuliyen, I will, which will act on a new os install. How about having the same on an already installed os? Will I have to start over in order to enjoy the benefits? in other words, if I want to re-apply a wim file from some previous install or other and place my unattend.xml in the unattend slot, will wintsetup take it into account in the apply process or not? if not, I guess I would have to do it all over again from the iso. this is my very doubt and consequent question.

Edited by Antonino

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Antonino said:

TX wuliyen, I will, which will act on a new os install. How about having the same on an already installed os? Will I have to start over in order to enjoy the benefits? in other words, if I want to re-apply a wim file from some previous install or other and place my unattend.xml in the unattend slot, will wintsetup take it into account in the apply process or not? if not, I guess I would have to do it all over again from the iso. this is my very doubt and consequent question.

unattend.xml is in the right path and will work

Edited by wuliyen

Posted (edited)

To jfx or whomever else,

I have a nvidia video card. the official site churns out updates every month or so. I am consistent in updating - the only thing of it is the size, which I find insane (1.60gb at least). I know for a fact that only 14 files (almost all of them dlls, amounting to a few hundred megs) are needed to manage acceleration and blender, in case one wants to do 3d drawing, but nothing works unless one goes through the inf file which leads to all those files (the 1.60gb mentioned above) copied to a driverstore subfolder that always changes its name on a per installation basis (say nv_dispig.inf_amd64_84b2c943d6816eb7 for 552.22, nv_dispig.inf_amd64_de8e1115ac61e38a for 552.44, and so on and so forth). there is no telling which name will be given, nor avoiding all the installation proper, which entails, over and over again, on a per-install basis, the installation copying 1.60gb stuff on disk. One might also delete the unneeded files, but the installation is the only thing certifying the update and must be carried out in advance - the sole physical presence of the files on disk will turn out the yellow triangle with the exclamation point on graphics adapter in device manager, and the drivers will not be updated - on the grounds that amidst the install "the system cannot find the file specified" or the "file or folder name is invalid". 

the only workaround I have been able to find so far was to launch winntsetup, image the vhd.vhd into vhd.wim, attach the nv_dispig.inf_amd64_de8e1115ac61e38a folder with its content (1.60gb) from disk and re-apply it "as is" back onto vhd.vhd. when I start vhd.vhd up, now I can install the new driver ok. On sensing that there might have been a folder permission problem in the former case, I wanted to check the nv_dispig.inf_amd64_de8e1115ac61e38a permission list in both cases for possible differences. well, I have found out that winntsetup has "everyone" at the top of the list and "administrator" (like in the users folder) as owner, whereas in the former case the list started from "account unknown" who was also the owner and "everyone" was not there. I did try to replicate the winntsetup list in the former case (the manually arranged procedure, without winntsetup), but to no avail, as it would still interrupt the installation with the same quotations. now, if I am correct in assuming that it is winntsetup that does something to allow the install of the update the way I have described, is there a reg file that I can use to reproduce the same manually without having to go thru the hustle and bustle of re-imaging and re-applying the vhd on winntsetup before I can install the update? if there is a reg file that I can use in order to enable the system to recognize the only 14 vital files as normal install and proceed to the updating ok, so much the better - that would allow me to curb these files into a folder and istall them only in the driverstore folder. 

If I have not been clear, pls ask me for clarification. after all, I am always available, the complexity belongs to nvidia (it is a pity, the hardware is great, but the software is plethoric).

Thanx in advance

Edited by Antonino

Posted (edited)

File permission are changed for MinWin by default, so Admin users have full access to the entire file system.

Profile\Options.ini --> options --> AdminAccess

To use modified *.inf files, drvinst.exe need to be patched.

you can remove signature check of inf files with:

WinNTSetup_x64.exe drvinstpatch

Edited by JFX