WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

my dear dimo, 

I have managed to get hold of the nthelper folder in the temp folder, and moved it to someplace more appropriate and lasting. now how do I use it? I mean what do I do after running the exe? me, I don't get the mask u show here; what is interesting and packed on an AIO basis is actually what I was able to see in data., which might enjoy an automation process, if only I could see how to call any of them, including winntsetup, from the disk list box. if u do not advise me, I will not venture into anything seriously wrong. the disk list box is the fartherst thing I have managed to go so far.

Edited by Antonino

On 11/8/2023 at 4:35 PM, JFX said:

By default WinCopy uses a wimlib capture and apply, but without actually creating a WIM file.
So yes, WimScript.ini is needed and if not set by command line, that the default one is used.

Oh , I've missed this great function ! Big thanks for your great job !!

On 11/9/2023 at 9:39 AM, JFX said:

Yes, I file backed copy is slow. Sadly wimlib only uses 1 thread to do the apply stuff.
Volume copy mode, runs on the max speed of your hardware, but if the destination drive is smaller
there is no guarantee that it will work. the last cluster have to fit into the new partition.

Even the shrink option may not be able to move some system files.

FYI: I ended up using Hasleo Disk Clone portable to copy partition to  vhd which took about 5 min compared to the 19 by wimlib as previously stated.

Edited by click-click