WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

I ran into this Vista thing as well, a few years ago. JFX helped me back then, around December 19, 2014. Maybe you'd like to read the tips from then, they're right in this topic, just try to page back to late 2014.

EDIT: Hope this link will take you there directly:

Edited by Atari800XL

BTW, JFX:

Have you already looked at the new Windows 10 UUP files that have been around since build 14986? The new 15002 build was supposed to only have a set of delta files to minimize the download, but I guess the first test of this system already failed, and 15002 has another "full" set of UUP files. They're just a lot of bigger and smaller esd and cab files, how Microsoft is going to use these to make future preview versions download faster is still anyone's guess, but at least people like Abbodi1406 and Adguard developed some tools to convert the files into a normal (single) install.esd/ install.wim/ iso.

I'm just curious: In theory, do you think all the separate cab and esd files could be used to do a full install (that's without the need to convert to single esd/wim first)?

belivakov: Thanks for the tip, but I already know how to convert esd to wim or iso. I even know how to "capture" these esd files (using Fiddler etc) and the new UUP files (and convert *them* to single wim or to iso).

I just wanted to ask if JFX was playing around with these new UUP files, but I already got a clear answer: He is not :-)

On the other hand: Microsoft doesn't even have everything setup correctly with regards to UUP, because even though they were planning some kind of "delta" upgrade system, the last three previews have been "full" downloads, which means all the files were there, so there's no download size/ speed advantage yet.

Finally: WinNTSetup is great for testing these previews, as long as you at least have a single ESD file: WinNTSetup can apply straight from esd, but converting to wim might be a bit better, because it allows servicing (changing/ adding/ removing) and setup is a bit quicker that way.

Please can anyone explain me how to update my windows 10 esd? 

I've add all the version to 1 file, but to update, do I need to download full iso on the Microsoft site and do the same again? Is the new full iso I download updated? 

Thanks

Guimenez, there are other sites that explain how to do that, but even then:

I would not advise to make updated iso/wim/esd files anymore. Here are my reasons:

(1) For windows 10, there are only 3 updates you need, wether you install from an "old" or a "new/ updated" iso. You only need the latest Cumulative Update, one other update, and maybe Flash update. In the old days, an "old" source file would need more updates than a newer source, but with Cumulative updates, that's a thing of the past.

(2) Better wait for next week anyway: There will be a new "Windows 10 1607.1" esd directly from microsoft. So that's version 1607 (july 2016), "with update".

• 4 weeks later...

The .iso loading function seems to work OK for \sources\install.wim, but is does not work on ISOs containing  .esd files.

Can it look for \sources\install.esd inside ISO files please?

Some Microsoft ISOs contain both 32-bit and 64-bit Install.esd files, so it also needs to look for  \x86\sources\install.esd and \x64\sources\install.wim (and then ask which one you want to use)

Thanks!

Edited by steve6375

On 14/01/2017 at 6:27 PM, Atari800XL said:

Guimenez, there are other sites that explain how to do that, but even then:

I would not advise to make updated iso/wim/esd files anymore. Here are my reasons:

(1) For windows 10, there are only 3 updates you need, wether you install from an "old" or a "new/ updated" iso. You only need the latest Cumulative Update, one other update, and maybe Flash update. In the old days, an "old" source file would need more updates than a newer source, but with Cumulative updates, that's a thing of the past.

(2) Better wait for next week anyway: There will be a new "Windows 10 1607.1" esd directly from microsoft. So that's version 1607 (july 2016), "with update".

Thanks.

I've made some changes to my Batch files so, the only thing i need to do it's download the new iso from microsoft :D