RT Seven Lite - RC build 1.7.0 and Beta build 2.6.0

Same here. Now to figure out how to get rid of the backup files. The disk cleanup utility shows 900mb backed up, but the utility is unable to delete the files.

Which utility are you using, let me try it too to see the results.

The utility is dism and the switches are /cleanup-image /spsuperseded with /online or /image:<path>

You can also use the disk cleanup utility built into win7 to delete the files, he could be talking about that too

Thanks, it is the inbuilt "Disk Cleanup" utility which shows 920mb of service pack backup files and it is true these cannot be deleted by this utility!

Thanks, it is the inbuilt "Disk Cleanup" utility which shows 920mb of service pack backup files and it is true these cannot be deleted by this utility!

Nor can they be deleted via command line /cleanup-image /spsuperseded, online or off.

Further, I slipstreamed the service pack with Se7en UA and installed the image without any modifications, and the same 920mb backup is shown, and cannot be deleted.

Edited by Bilar Crais

Yeah, you are absolutely right, I also tried the command line dism and got error 11 on win x64, eventhough I ran cmd in syswow64 folder. File dism version is pre-sp1, trying to see in sp1 pack about dism changes so that something could be zeroed out.

Edited by clavicle

thanks. don't have an usb drive, but I built another windows and installed it on the second partition from the first. So now i am going to delete it so the os partition is at the beginning. I still got the error message but it seems to have worked ok anyway, so far. it won't assess cpu performance.

Can I change drive letter on the system disk to C?

edit: curse, I resized and formatted c: (os was on D:), now all i get is a black screen with a blinking DOS cursor... probably must get me an usb memory stick to get it going again?

Edited by phyllis

bensam

I am about to finish installing win7 with sp1 integrated with you rt7lite, but I can't login. I checked the skip boxes at the very end of the rt7lite creation process, but I didn't see any user creation option, only just for full name and organization. As I checked those "skip boxes", I am not asked now to create a new user. I don't even know if there was a user created or just the Administrator account. I didn't check the Autounattend.xml file.

Let me know !

Edited by atolica

Same here. Now to figure out how to get rid of the backup files. The disk cleanup utility shows 900mb backed up, but the utility is unable to delete the files.

Which utility are you using, let me try it too to see the results.

The utility is dism and the switches are /cleanup-image /spsuperseded with /online or /image:<path>

You can also use the disk cleanup utility built into win7 to delete the files, he could be talking about that too

Doesn't work Rick.

I try offline image command and show me this error:

The spsuperseded option is not recognized in this context.

I also try remove from a online image but another error occurs. The I try to use Disk Cleanup to remove backup files but also doesn't work. Program says that files are removed but files still there.

I also can't slipstream SP1 x64 version with my MSDN ISO. x86 works fine but DISM show me a error when I try make a x64 version.

EDIT: found a error here, LOW DISK SPACE. When I erase some files integration works OK.

Any new RT7Lite will come to try correct this problems?

Some suggestion to program developer:

-Add a option to make changes in WIM all versions, this can be very usefull to people that have AiO versions of Windows.

Example1: I have a WIM with 7 windows versions and want to add SP1 to all versions.

Example2: Want to remove features and add drivers from all x86 versions in a AiO WIM.

- Add a checkbox in serial tab to set windows in wim file instead of autounnatended. This will be usefull for AiO installs.

- In RT7Lite Security Tab will be great if have a way to turn off\disable (just disable, don't remove) Windows Backup, Security Center, CEIP and Action Center.

- Create a USB bootable device with Seven instalation.

This is my suggestions. Thank for the program

Edited by Sydnelson

I'm reading this thread but so slowly that it'll take me a few more days.. but I want to ask two questions:

I've removed a lot of stuff, like most drivers, defender, ie, defrag, dcleaner, languages, speech support, media player and center, dvd maker, and lots more, but i still get an iso of 3.3gig from the original of 3.6gig. rebuilt current image only, x86 ultimate. Am I doing something wrong, or should it be like that?

Also, can I install from a second partition, or an mp3 player, since I don't have a cdrom? or from another computer on the wlan?

regards, phyllis

First, you need to decide what functionality you absolutely must retain, and then we can go from there. You should be able to get your .iso well under 2gb. If you have a 2 or 4gb USB drive, you can install Windows 7 from it, provided your BIOS allows bootable USB.

If you have integrated SP1 with RT7 Lite, but want to clean the SP backup files before installing the image, I've prepared this guide for the DISMally challenged:

This works whether you have only integrated SP1 with RT7 lite and exited the program before customizing, or after you've integrated and fully customized your image.

This assumes that your freshly integrated image already resides in a folder. If you have already modified the new SP1 image with RT7 lite, deleted the folder, and made an .ISO, you can extract the .ISO into a folder. For the sake of simplicity, I suggest you rename that folder to what I've used in the DISM command lines later on in this tutorial;

Rename your RT7 image folder "W7SP1." Let's make another folder called "W7temp."

Reboot, and after your BIOS posts, hit the F8 key and choose "Repair Your Computer." You'll have to be quick on the draw here; your window of opportunity is pretty slim to hit F8. Once the the recovery console has loaded, select the command prompt option from the list of recovery tools.

Now let's mount the image. If you've used RT7 Lite to integrate, no matter what version of Windows you chose, (Home, Ultimate, etc.) the index number will be 1, as shown below. It's hard telling what drive letter you'll need to use in the command lines...my image files resided in my "D" drive, but in the recovery console, it became the "F" drive. I just hunted around by guessing the drive letter and typing E:\DIR and F:\DIR etc., until I found the correct drive. Type the following, assuming that your RT7 image resides in E:\W7SP1.

DISM /Mount-Wim /WimFile:E:\W7SP1\sources\install.wim /index:1 /MountDir:E:\W7temp

Once the image has successfully mounted, we'll clean up the SP1 backup files:

DISM /image:E:\W7temp /cleanup-Image /spsuperseded

DISM may report that there might not be enough disk space for the "scratch file" to perform the operation, but I found it safe to ignore this.

After DISM reports that the backup files have been successfully cleaned up, you can unmount and commit the changes to your original RT7 Lite image:

DISM/Unmount-Wim /MountDir:E:\W7temp /commit

After the operation is complete, you may reboot. Voila!

Now when you want to install the image, fire up RT7 Lite and point it to the newly cleaned folder and select no options except for the "ISO Bootable." Once the image is loaded, make a bootable image as per usual and burn to your medium of choice.

May I suggest that you print these instructions before rebooting, so that once you're in the recovery console, you can refer to the command lines. Good Luck!

Edited by Bilar Crais