Upgrade to v3.0.5

xper

I don't have problems with login/logout, never had. IE8, Win7.

A bunch of people here have...

I can confirm this. Every time I visit MSFN I have to login again, even if I have checked the "Remember Me" box. Even if I logged in 5 minutes ago, if I close my browser and return, I have to login again.

(Win98SE, FF 2.0.0.20)

Yes this is not just with this upgrade. I've had to log in every time I visit the site since about 2-3 weeks now. Makes it easy to remember the password! So I made no changes but if I close the browser and open it again, I am not logged in.

Although the upgrade seems to have fixed the Authorization Mismatch errors from just before the upgrade. Don't forget this version might use different cookies. I will clear mine and test tomorrow.

Lastly, I use Firefox 3.5.5 on Win7 and NoScript. NoScript shows a blocked domain intellitxt.com... I think this is what you guys are saying is making the keyword pop-ups appear. Since NoScript blocks everything by default, I do not see this at all and have had no problems with the board either.

Yes, NoScript is good for sites that pay services through advertising. What if... What if someone put script on site that redirects FF to "get firefox" site?

Anyway, i think i tracked down login/logout issue. Should be ok now.

Yes this is not just with this upgrade. I've had to log in every time I visit the site since about 2-3 weeks now. Makes it easy to remember the password! So I made no changes but if I close the browser and open it again, I am not logged in.

Although the upgrade seems to have fixed the Authorization Mismatch errors from just before the upgrade. Don't forget this version might use different cookies. I will clear mine and test tomorrow.

Lastly, I use Firefox 3.5.5 on Win7 and NoScript. NoScript shows a blocked domain intellitxt.com... I think this is what you guys are saying is making the keyword pop-ups appear. Since NoScript blocks everything by default, I do not see this at all and have had no problems with the board either.

Hmm, sounds like an interesting Addon. I will have to see if they still have versions that support Firefox 2. :thumbup

Anyway, i think i tracked down login/logout issue. Should be ok now.

Seems to be fixed so far. :thumbup

Forum images do not display correctly. Red "X"s appear over images.

I have attached a windows shot.

This has been tested on Internet Explorer 6 with SP1 on Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4.

EDIT: The attaching does not seem to be working (another problem).

Edited by Ascii2

Search seems to behave differently.

Example:

to get to quickly know if there were replies to any of the threads where I posted, I was used to go to search and look for all posts by user jaclaz.

The result was:

• all the stickies (where I posted) first
  • all the other threads (where I posted) with the name of last poster

To have a similar result you need to have now:

1. in personal settings "Show results as a forum"
  2. in Search the checkbox "Do not show a post preview"

The stickies are not anymore "floating" to the surface.

I don't see a problem in this :) , but it may be needed to put somewhere a sticky explaining the above for people that suddenly have "different things showing up" as result of a search. :unsure:

jaclaz

The new forum uses javascript code optimized for newest browsers (Firefox 3.x etc.) and forum developers will not change it.

Under Internet Explorer 6 (Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 Prof.) the new forum is extremely slow and uses 100% of single-core CPU - and it will not be better even after some optimization. You should use some light version of the new forum or go back to the old version at least for Win9x/Win2000 users and content.

Loading old posts for editing doesn't bring up the correct code, for instance if I load the main post of my XP x64 guide I don't recognise the code, hitting post preview confirms that what the database has bought up is gibberish.

What the first paragraphs should look like:

There is a screenshot heavy version of this post for members of PlanetAMD64 (generous attachment policy). The screenshots are available from my MediaFire page.

Some of you might also be interested in this similar guide for Windows 2000.

So you want to create a fully up to date Windows XP Professional x64 edition installation DVD ? Well here's how (updated for February).

There are a couple of options as to how to configure your install media, you can:

. . . A) Use Microsoft hotfixes or 5eraph's update pack

. . . B} Install .Net 3.5 sp1 or just .Net 2.0 sp2 or no .Net at all

. . . C) Integrate IE8 using 5eraph's AddOn or silent install original IE8.exe or IE7 or IE6

. . . D) Integrate WMP11 using Booogy's Slipstreamer or silent install WMP11.exe or WMP10

This guide will first list the files needed for the first option given and then note the changes required to use the other options.

What the database supplies:

There is a screenshot heavy version of this post for members of <a href="http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=33758" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">PlanetAMD64</a> (generous attachment policy). The screenshots are available from my <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/KA-nLite-x64" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">MediaFire</a> page.

Some of you might also be interested in this similar guide for <a href="http://www.msfn.org/board/up-date-windows-2000-install-media-creation-guide-t97047.html" target="_self">Windows 2000</a>.

So you want to create a fully up to date Windows XP Professional x64 edition installation DVD ? Well here's how (updated for February).

There are a couple of options as to how to configure your install media, you can:

<!--coloro:#E0E0F0--><span style="color:#E0E0F0"><!--/coloro-->. . .<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> A) Use Microsoft hotfixes or 5eraph's update pack

<!--coloro:#E0E0F0--><span style="color:#E0E0F0"><!--/coloro-->. . .<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> B} Install .Net 3.5 sp1 or just .Net 2.0 sp2 or no .Net at all

<!--coloro:#E0E0F0--><span style="color:#E0E0F0"><!--/coloro-->. . .<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> C) Integrate IE8 using 5eraph's AddOn or silent install original IE8.exe or IE7 or IE6

<!--coloro:#E0E0F0--><span style="color:#E0E0F0"><!--/coloro-->. . .<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> D) Integrate WMP11 using Booogy's Slipstreamer or silent install WMP11.exe or WMP10

This guide will first list the files needed for the first option given and then note the changes required to use the other options.

Thank god I have the original saved as a textfile on my computer, I'd be sorely tempted to just to give it up rather than clean up that mess.

Also please give us back the full edit button rather than make us use quick edit and then change to full.

Under Internet Explorer 6 (Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 Prof.)...

Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 users can also use Internet Explorer 6 (different Service Pack levels). The newer browsers (Windows Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Internet Explorer 8) do not run very well with older computers that have 512 MB of RAM, so for those using a newer browser may be at too great a performance cost.
You should use some light version of the new forum or go back to the old version at least for Win9x/Win2000 users and content.

The old forum functioned decently. This new forum does not work well.

Reverting back to the old forum is preferred.

Note: I use Internet Explorer 6 with SP1 on Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4.

Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 users can also use Internet Explorer 6 (different Service Pack levels). The newer browsers (Windows Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Internet Explorer 8) do not run very well with older computers that have 512 MB of RAM, so for those using a newer browser may be at too great a performance cost.
You should use some light version of the new forum or go back to the old version at least for Win9x/Win2000 users and content.

Note: I use Internet Explorer 6 with SP1 on Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4.

IPB 3 does have a lofi option still. The /lofiversion/ path was removed but there is a special skin that can be used instead. It does not appear that this feature is enabled here yet.

You're using a nearly 10 year old browser that is not even close to standards compliant, doesn't properly display .png transparency. Wasn't even written to understand 90% of what is considered standard web design practices today.

and we will not go back to 2.3 (old forum) version. One thing i can do about it is to map IE6 to lofi skin.