Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

thirteenth

Last Versions of Software for Windows 2000

Has anyone managed to get iTunes 7.3.2 (there is a version specifically for Windows 2000) to work with an iPod nano 1st gen? I am running Win 2k in a VMware machine, with BlackWingCat's KEx, and the iPod isn't correctly recognized (appears with an yellow exclamation on Device Manager as an USB Mass Storage Device) and does not appear on iTunes. I remember that I had managed to do it once before but probably I was on Windows XP.

VirtualBox 1.5.6 is the final version officially supported for vanilla Windows 2000, but VirtualBox 2.0.4 is the final version using a modified kernel driver made by BWC.

But, if you use the extended kernel and core, you can use VirtualBox 4.1.22 (and possibly up to about 4.1.32 - 4.2 introduces driver incompatibilities). However, you must manually install the kernel/networking/USB drivers from the "drivers" folder in VirtualBox's program folder using the included infs.

USB 2.0 passthrough seems to be broken, just like in 1.5.x. 

Edited by win32
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Virtual CloneDrive Revision History

Virtual CloneDrive 5.5.2.0: 2020 02 27
- Fix: Bug introduced in 5.5.1.0, ElbyCDIO did not
work with Windows Server OS, Windows XP, Windows Vista
- Some minor changes and improvements

Virtual CloneDrive 5.5.1.0: 2020 02 24
- New: ElbyCDIO driver update
- New: Slightly reduced CPU load on Windows 8 or better
- Fix: Some UDF images could crash VCDmount
- Change: Windows 2000 is no longer supported _!!!
- Some minor changes and improvements

Edited by sukistackhouse
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Spybot search & destroy classic :)

Spybot's search & Destroy Classic Official Home

It still has phone dialer removals but it has resident TeaTimer and anti malware lists

The hosts file immunisation is not too extensive like others out there

We should really donate to them. Let them know we still need it.

Edited by ZaPbUzZ
more info

Posted (edited)

There are still lots of media players we gotta find the final versions of:

ALLPlayer
FinalPlayer
ZoomPlayer
SMPlayer
KMPlayer
Pot Player
BSPlayer

and a bunch more...

Also, I tried updating the main list and creating a new one here:
https://retrosystemsrevival.blogspot.com/p/latest-versions-of-software-working-on.html

This one is also a big WIP. I'm still trying to get the software on this thread.

Edited by FantasyAcquiesce

Posted (edited)

Everything Search Engine (voidtools.com) version 1.4.1.969 (latest as of the writing of the post) works on Windows 2000, despite claiming support only for XP and newer. Tested on Win2000 Pro SP5.1, haven't tried vanilla 2K.

Edited by systremor

1 hour ago, systremor said:

Tested on Win2000 Pro SP5.1, haven't tried vanilla 2K.

USP 5.1 only contains official MS updates and is equivalent to SP4 UR1, so in this case, it is vanilla.

Posted (edited)

anyone know the last official version of intel inf update for windows 2000? when i was checking my files, and even wayback machine when it was the last time it showed the older OS menus on intel's site, showing windows 2000, although i couldn't select it through waybackmachine, i was able to check what was already given for all OS by default, and it showed version 9.2.0.1030" as the newest i believe. however, just today i noticed blackwingcat mentioning in his blog of a version "9.3.0.1019" being official i believe, which i went and downloaded ( yet to test ), and now i also found even a newer package which mentions windows 2000 in the readme, it is version "9.4.0.1027". 

my problem isn't so much on whether they will work, it's more that i would like to know what exactly is the last official version or not. being that i would wan't to install blackwingcat's latest intel ahci / raid package via setup AFTER applying all previous intel inf updates to ensure proper updating of the system. 

Edited by cov3rt

Testing a bunch of software on Windows 2000.

The last version of Wise Program Uninstaller is 1.91.99. Later versions appear to exit with a missing dll error. The current version does not work at all!