KernelEx 4.5.2

As I recall, old version of Object Bar didn't require KernelEx and allowed having XP style taskbar and start menu on Windows 98. However it was resource hungry (GDI and USER resources), and mostly failed to remember the recently run application list.

• 2 months later...

Latest Flash Player 13.0.0.214 crashes Opera 12.02, Firefox Nightly 3.6.29pre, and IE6 sp1 on Win98se Traditional Chinese version, when I try to access Flash Player settings panel.

Edited by halohalo

I can't reproduce the error for Opera 12.02 on my machines (english and german). 

Latest Flash Player 13.0.0.214 plugin crashes Opera 12.02, when I try to access Flash Player settings panel.

I can't reproduce the error for Opera 12.02 on my machines (english and german). 

Latest Flash Player 13.0.0.214 plugin crashes Opera 12.02, when I try to access Flash Player settings panel.

I've solved the problem.

Flash Player 13.0.0.206 only requires GdiAlphaBlend, but 13.0.0.214 requires GdiAlphaBlend and RtlInitUnicodeString. I got the error message because I deleted all other functions except GdiAlphaBlend.

Edited by halohalo

GdiAlphaBlend is just the Gdi implementation (for consistency?) of AlphaBlend which already exists in msimg32.dll for Win9x.

If possible, redirect the call to msimg32 in Kext and transparency effects should work (unless they're bound to something else that's not working).

Yep, and so it should. ;)

There are more such "migrated" APIs and they could be found by performing a cross-comparison between msimg32.dll's API and the Gdi**** API in NT-based systems' gdi32.dll. Adding them to Kext in advance shouldn't hurt.

One thing to keep in mind is that according to MSDN there's a memory leak in msimg32's TransparentBlt (which I'm using in RPTE so it'd be nice to have this confirmed), so binding GdiTransparentBlt to TransparentBlt in Kext may impact on GDI resources.

• 2 weeks later...

It been 3 years since Kernelex has last been updated. Is it ever going to be updated again. I'm running Windows 98SE in VMware Workstation 10 and everytime I try to install any windows xp programs I get this error message "is linked to missing export ntdll.dl:NTOpenProcessToken"

It been 3 years since Kernelex has last been updated. Is it ever going to be updated again. I'm running Windows 98SE in VMware Workstation 10 and everytime I try to install any windows xp programs I get this error message "is linked to missing export ntdll.dl:NTOpenProcessToken"

Doesnt seem like it, but you should take a look at the KEXT mini updates though.

Doesnt seem like it, but you should take a look at the KEXT mini updates though.

Thanks I try that