KernelEx 4.5.2

Hallo halohalo,

What issues you have found? Do you have the JavaScript problem with versions 3.3 up to 3.7, too? Are you able to print? 

I got same JavaScript error with 3.7.x.

QtWeb can't display Korean, Japanese or Chinese, and it shuts down when I try printing.

I can see that the Pluinchecker and the JavaScript Tester confirm that Java Script works with 3.7. Maybe it works somehow delayed. Anyway it is an annoying message. I added QT Web to the Wiki. I will upload the screenshot and icon after maintenance.

Do the 11.x versions produce the same error on XP or later? Perhaps they call additional apis that KernelEx only stubs.

Please check the K452stub.log and Kstub822.log files for clues.

Edited by jumper

I have to say a big THANK YOU to all the guys involved in this project. I'm a huge fan of Windows 98SE and KernelEx is giving me the opportunity to use Windows 98SE in 2013. So, THANK YOU guys for your wonderful job and the passion you put into it. :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

I could not get any flash players after 11.5 to start on my machines, install goes fine but the plugin does not start in the browser, with or without Kstub. No errors seen.

I could not get any flash players after 11.5 to start on my machines, install goes fine but the plugin does not start in the browser, with or without Kstub. No errors seen.

Hallo TmEE,

what browser you use and with which compatibility mode? If your browser runs with comp. mode 2K or XP the Flash dll name is NPSWF32_11_x_xxx_xxx.dll. If the browser runs with comp. mode default (KernelEX is enabled) the Flash dll name must be NPSWF32.dll. You also can paste the Flash dll in the plugin folder of your browser. First the browser looks into this folder. Did you add the winhttp.dll in your system folder? See Wiki.

Kext is required to install Flash 11.3 - 11.8 (only msi). Versions 11.7 and 11.8 require the additional Kstub entry "[Gdi32.dll] GdiAlphaBlend".

Edited by schwups

Opera has 2K compatibility mode enabled. There's no difference whether or not the flash DLL is in Opera plugins or the System\Macromed\Flash

WINHTTP.DLL is in my system as some other software needs it.

I don't have the additional Kstub entry though...

Opera has 2K compatibility mode enabled. There's no difference whether or not the flash DLL is in Opera plugins or the System\Macromed\Flash

WINHTTP.DLL is in my system as some other software needs it.

I don't have the additional Kstub entry though...

It doesn't work, if the name of the flash dll is NPSWF32.dll. The number in the name must match the version number - e.g.: NPSWF32_11_6_602_180.dll.

Otherwise try this: Delete registry keys "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerUpdate". And reinstall version 11.6. Versions 11.7/8 require the additional Kstub entry "[Gdi32.dll] GdiAlphaBlend".

Do the 11.x versions produce the same error on XP or later? Perhaps they call additional apis that KernelEx only stubs.

Please check the K452stub.log and Kstub822.log files for clues.

K452stub.log:

[K452stub]

= Advapi32.dll:CryptAcquireContextW=z5 ;? =

Playing around with the core.ini:

For proud ME and 98 enthusiasts / users.

The following comp. mode changes the Opera browser header from Win2000 to your operation system.
Your browser sends your operation system and not Win2000. A website recognizes your real OS.
You run Opera 11 and 12 mostly without the issues you have with mode "Use default compatibility options (KernelEx is enabled)".

usage:

1. Open the core.ini in the kernelEX folder
2. Add the item 11 to [ApiConfigurations]
3. Insert the remaining text below [WINMESP]... or [WIN98SESP]...
4. Save
5. Restart
6. Choose new comp. mode for Opera 11.

ME user:

[ApiConfigurations]
default=0
0=DCFG1

10=NOHEAP
11=WINMESP

[WINMESP]
inherit=NT40
desc=Windows ME SP

[WINMESP.names]
KERNEL32.GetVersion=kexbases.4
KERNEL32.GetVersionExA=kexbases.5
KERNEL32.GetVersionExW=kexbases.3
KERNEL32.VerSetConditionMask=kexbases.0
KERNEL32.VerifyVersionInfoA=kexbases.0
KERNEL32.VerifyVersionInfoW=kexbases.0

98 user:

[ApiConfigurations]
default=0
0=DCFG1

10=NOHEAP
11=WIN98SESP

[WIN98SESP]
inherit=NT40
desc=Windows 98 SE SP

[WIN98SESP.names]
KERNEL32.GetVersion=kexbases.4
KERNEL32.GetVersionExA=kexbases.5
KERNEL32.GetVersionExW=kexbases.2
KERNEL32.VerSetConditionMask=kexbases.0
KERNEL32.VerifyVersionInfoA=kexbases.0
KERNEL32.VerifyVersionInfoW=kexbases.0

Edited by schwups

Great, and it does what it says on the tin schwups, but I'm afraid I immediately saw problems with Opera 12.02 using this setup.

:no:

The first thing I noticed was that the pop-up at the bottom right of frame when downloads completed was not appearing.

I then looked more closely, and found that large chunks of the Opera tools menu were missing, including all the settings options!

Setting the opera.exe KernelEx compatibility mode back to Windows 2000 put all this right again.

:(

Great, and it does what it says on the tin schwups, but I'm afraid I immediately saw problems with Opera 12.02 using this setup.

The first thing I noticed was that the pop-up at the bottom right of frame when downloads completed was not appearing.

I then looked more closely, and found that large chunks of the Opera tools menu were missing, including all the settings options!

Setting the opera.exe KernelEx compatibility mode back to Windows 2000 put all this right again.

:(

Hallo Dave-H,

you are right, not everything works. There still lacks some menu items for me, eg.: View > Full Screen or File > Print Preview, but otherwise it looks pretty good. There remain only a few menu errors.

The pop-up at the bottom right of frame when downloads completed appears here on 98SE and ME. :hello:

Hallo Dave-H,

you are right, not everything works. There still lacks some menu items for me, eg.: View > Full Screen or File > Print Preview, but otherwise it looks pretty good. There remain only a few menu errors.

The pop-up at the bottom right of frame when downloads completed appears here on 98SE and ME. :hello:

I've done some more tests, and I'm afraid the notification at the bottom right of frame for when downloads end is definitely not working for me with that configuration.

I assume this applies to all these notifications, e.g. for blocked pop-ups.

If I set the KernelEx mode back to Windows 2000 it starts working again.

I certainly can't use Opera without access to the settings menus!