[Tool] Windows Live Messenger Creator

benners

hi and thanx for a great tool:)

but is this version working with the new messenger version?

i used this to build a working version with the previous messenger version, but now it complains files are missing.

log:

Processing (7/12): nb::WLXSuite-ship-14.0.8050.1202::ship

Path : C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Windows Live\.cache\1c83caf81c97d36

MSI : WLXSuite.msi

########## <ERROR #1> C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Windows Live\.cache\1c83caf81c97d36\WLXSuite.msi was not found. Skipping MSI <ERROR #1> ##########

------- this file is in a folder named: e8e614361c9980f

Processing (9/12): nb::Messenger-14.0.8050.1202-ship::ship

Path : C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Windows Live\.cache\4d87c33e1c97d36

MSI : Messenger.msi

########## <ERROR #2> A required MSI was not found: C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Windows Live\.cache\4d87c33e1c97d36\Messenger.msi <ERROR #2< ##########

this file is in a folder named: fb298d21c99810

i manually moved dw20shared.msi to a folder since it wasn't there, maybe it is not needed anymore?

making the above folders manually works, but i am so sure that is wise?

thanx again for a great tool

Edited by Grokster

hi and thanx for a great tool:)

but is this version working with the new messenger version?

i used this to build a working version with the previous messenger version, but now it complains files are missing.

log:

Processing (7/12): nb::WLXSuite-ship-14.0.8050.1202::ship

Path : C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Windows Live\.cache\1c83caf81c97d36

MSI : WLXSuite.msi

########## <ERROR #1> C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Windows Live\.cache\1c83caf81c97d36\WLXSuite.msi was not found. Skipping MSI <ERROR #1> ##########

------- this file is in a folder named: e8e614361c9980f

Processing (9/12): nb::Messenger-14.0.8050.1202-ship::ship

Path : C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Windows Live\.cache\4d87c33e1c97d36

MSI : Messenger.msi

########## <ERROR #2> A required MSI was not found: C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Windows Live\.cache\4d87c33e1c97d36\Messenger.msi <ERROR #2< ##########

this file is in a folder named: fb298d21c99810

i manually moved dw20shared.msi to a folder since it wasn't there, maybe it is not needed anymore?

making the above folders manually works, but i am so sure that is wise?

thanx again for a great tool

Hi Grokster

Thanks for the feedback. The program processes the cache.ini file found in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files \Windows Live\.cache" or the users language equivalent path. The ini file contains a list of files and directories where the installers are located. There is a check for the installers existence and if not found any further actions are skipped. If the file is found multiple times only the latest version is added to the list.

If the version has been updated there should be multiple versions. I don't know how the old files have been deleted, and this would not normally be a problem unless as in your case one of the required msi's is missing. If one of the required msi's is missing the process stops. What this doesn't account for is if there is a another version of the msi in a different folder location, maybe this needs changing so it only error after all the ini entries have been checked, Hope this makes sense.

The program works with the latest WLM version, and I have tested it myself, what I cannot understand is how these files have been deleted, have you manually deleted them or did they get removed during an uninstall?.

There is no problem creating the folder structure and copying the installer to it as only one instance will be added to the list, but obviously users should not need to do this.

Great work benners! Thanks.

No probs, thanks.

Just noticed I missed announcing build 8

Thanks for the latest build m8 downloading now! Thanks again m8! Oh btw can this be used on Vista will it still work?

Stoner81.

Edited by Stoner81

• 2 weeks later...
Will test it out on Vista m8 soon (I hope) are you still working on this project not heard from you for a while buddy.

Stoner81.

Yes bud I am still here. I haven't done anything since the last release. There haven't been any problems reported and no requests so I haven't needed to. I can't test on 64bit systems as I only have the hardware on the main rig and can't reload just to tinker.

Thanks for the testing and maybe I will have to fix some Vista bug :)

Will test it out on Vista m8 soon (I hope) are you still working on this project not heard from you for a while buddy.

Stoner81.

Yes bud I am still here. I haven't done anything since the last release. There haven't been any problems reported and no requests so I haven't needed to. I can't test on 64bit systems as I only have the hardware on the main rig and can't reload just to tinker.

Thanks for the testing and maybe I will have to fix some Vista bug :)

Good to hear that you are still here dude! I aint bin able to test it out yet on Vista but when I do I will post the log file for you. I cant think of any request to make for it to be honest m8 its such a good bit of kit to have!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi :)

First all, thanks to benners for the fantastic tool :thumbup

I have a question:

I try to use the switchless SFX to create a cab file to use like addon with nLite, but not install WLM2009.

Why?

The program will only create an exe not a cab file. You can use the settings to create a total silent install then I think you can use nlite to add it to the RunOnceEx section?, not really sure, or you could create an addon. There is a link here to a program that may be effective in creating the addon for you.

I have a question:

I try to use the switchless SFX to create a cab file to use like addon with nLite, but not install WLM2009.

Why?

The program will only create an exe not a cab file. You can use the settings to create a total silent install then I think you can use nlite to add it to the RunOnceEx section?, not really sure, or you could create an addon. There is a link here to a program that may be effective in creating the addon for you.

thanks for answer.

I know what work your tool (very fine), but I think...expressed badly cause of my english :blushing:

I create a switchless SFX with your tool and created a cab file (to use with nLite) but WLM2009 is not installed.

I tried to use switchless SFX with RunOnce (ever with nLite) it's worked.

I read the post of elajua and him wrote...

Note: SVCPACK compatibility is not tested.

but in the thread i've found a user (mickmack) who create a switchless SFX SVCPACK compatible:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...st&p=827839

So, I think your tool create a switchless SFX not SVCPACK compatible.

I have a question:

Why?

thanks for answer.

I know what work your tool (very fine), but I think...expressed badly cause of my english :blushing:

I create a switchless SFX with your tool and created a cab file (to use with nLite) but WLM2009 is not installed.

but in the thread i've found a user (mickmack) who create a switchless SFX SVCPACK compatible:

Thanks for the link and info. I can update the program to add the line supplied by mickmack (cheers), if you would like to test it when it is finished?.

I have a question:

Why?

thanks for answer.

Thanks for the link and info. I can update the program to add the line supplied by mickmack (cheers), if you would like to test it when it is finished?.

YES! of course :thumbup