Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

thanks again strel. just to confirm:

SCENARIO 1: if i had these settings:

T13ADDONS=YES

ALSOINSTALLERS=YES

it would produce 2 separate outputs (an addon (i.e., T13XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.7z) (which can be used as nLite/RVMi addon while the other one for HFSLIP (i.e., XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.exe) so i need not extract it anymore), correct?

SCENARIO 2: if i only set:

T13ADDONS=YES

it would produce only the .7z addon where if i needed the .exe i should extract it from the SVCPACK folder (which exists parallel with the entries.ini) in the compressed file), i.e., T13XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.7z ... would the product be basically the same prior to introduction of new parameter: ALSOINSTALLERS=?

SCENARIO 3: just like in my 1st & 3rd try today, setting was only:

ALSOINSTALLERS=YES

product was XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.exe ... could this be used just the same even if

ALSOINSTALLERS setting only works if any XXXADDONS=YES, otherwise is not used.
? cheers! Edited by Kiki Burgh

SCENARIO 1: Correct

SCENARIO 2: After extracting .exe from T-13 addon you get not basically, but exactly the same file as the .exe you get if you apply ALSOINSTALLERS=YES along with T13ADDONS=YES (and/or ROEADDONS=YES).

SCENARIO 3: In this scenario ALSOINSTALLERS=YES is not used because there's no XXXADDON=YES. So script builds .exe installers by default.

SCENARIO 1: Correct

SCENARIO 2: After extracting .exe from T-13 addon you get not basically, but exactly the same file as the .exe you get if you apply ALSOINSTALLERS=YES along with T13ADDONS=YES (and/or ROEADDONS=YES).

SCENARIO 3: In this scenario ALSOINSTALLERS=YES is not used because there's no XXXADDON=YES. So script builds .exe installers by default.

thanks again strel! this clearly shows that the way to do it is going by SCENARIO 1 ... however, for both SCENARIOS 2 & 3, are the .exes still usable for unattended installs at t-13 (via svcpack)? usable in the sense that these products are neither corrupted nor incomplete? for SCENARIO 3 alone, if nothing is set, will it always produce a file with .exe extension? usable? i think i like SCENARIO 3 more. ;) cheers!

Yes, you can use .exe installers in your examples to install at T-13 from SVCPACK, they are not corrupted in any way, nor incomplete (unless you chose to build incomplete ones through .ini file settings or not feeding the building process with the files you require), and HFSLIP will support them as switchless installers they are.

Edited by strel

I'm interested in knowing if any of you use an OS (host or target) without Workstation service running, or with this service removed completely, as this method, in the last versions, is relying in this service to determine OS version (host and target) for building process and resultant installers/add-ons (except during setup process) respectively.

I didn't have the Workstation service installed in my current host OS (Windows XP SP3), and the new _SNMsynth.cmd gave me an error at the beginning of the process, when the command "NET CONFIG WORK" is executed during the checking of the host OS.

I've found that the Workstation service is installed with the Client for Microsoft Networks, according to this article. I've removed the Client for Microsoft Networks in my current host OS with a custom WINNT.SIF during an unattended installation of Windows XP, because I don't use it and it's not required for accessing internet; anyway, it's not safe to remove the Workstation service because many services depend on it, so I've installed the Client for Microsoft Networks from the Local Area Connection properties window, and disabled it.

Now I have the Workstation service running and the command "NET CONFIG WORK" work without problems.

Except 1.0 hotfix in this list, that you installed apart, without SNNsynth installers/add-ons. (Just to clarify).
hi strel! yeah, i installed it separately since an addon i had required it as i brought up prior.
.net 1.0 is superseded by .net 1.1. Both have very little use today.
hi mooms! i have a few addon's (there could be others) that require .net 1.0 SP3 (i.e., Windows XP Tablet PC 2005 (English) by CODYQX4 (although the maker has already provided a modded 1:)). thanks!
Kiki Burgh

And 1.1 superseeded 1.0 SP3.

would you consider adding 1.0 & SPs to the mix? thanks again.

btw, if it's not much to ask (& i know it's very trivial) would it be alright to request for a timer just so we know how long it takes for the entire process to finish?;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

I'm on it. Wouldn't you have a collection of .NET 1.0 SP3 restricted hotfixes by chance?

About timer, the process is an ad-hoc process, and time it takes depends on machine you use, what you process, how many outputs builds, and compression ratio. Moreover, new features will be added (hopefully). I discard to make a timer.

Hi strel!

I just found this thread yesterday, about time I know, and want to both Thank You for all your hard work and commend you for how thorough, how fully documented, and well commented it is, and how quickly you've been keeping it up to date! Great job!

I do think I found a small typo, though. After all the work that you and Kiki Burgh went through, for my first try I basically copied Kiki Burgh's setup and ran that. It seemed to build the files fine, but as I looked closer at the Command Window before I answered "Y" to delete the temp folder, I noticed an error message.

Right after: "Checking .NET stuff to build installer(s)/addon(s) for XP..."

was the message:

"'NOTE:' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Looking at _SNMsynth.cmd, I found that Line 352 was missing an "ECHO" before "NOTE: MSXML6 !DNF30VER! component will be ...". This causes the entire IF statement to not be processed, so my msxml6.msi was not utilized, even though it was there. (It probably wasn't for Kiki Burgh, either, unfortunately.) After adding the ECHO, and rerunning, (I love how you create a new OUT folder if needed, that's great) I then got the message "NOTE: MSXML6 3.0 SP2 component will be updated with msxml6.msi", as expected.

With further looking, I also found that Line 297 was missing an "ECHO" before "NOTE: NDP20SP1-KB946223-x86.exe is a ...", and Line 66 seems to be missing the "ECHO &ECHO." pair around the line "NOTE: _SNMsynth.ini is not present, default non restrictive settings will be used." I'm not sure if this had any impact on me or not. With all the great commentary you have, it's a wonder these were the only typo's I found. With my fumble fingered typing, it would have been a total disaster for a good long time as I tried to find all my mistakes!

Like Kiki Burgh, I would find it convenient if .NET 1.0 SP3 were included in this .NET Maker and up to date since I also am trying to use Windows XP Tablet PC 2005 (English) by CODYQX4. If you are looking at the possibility of adding this, please look at the addon that onepiece did for CODYQX4, also available at the above link, because I've been told that Tablet PC requires a "special" version of 1.0 SP3, but I don't know what's special about it, I just know that onepiece's version works. Reading all the latest entries in that thread, I don't know if adding 1.0 SP3 is possible at T-13, but all I can do is ask. No big deal either way.

[Kiki, I sent you a PM.]

Sorry for the long post, but I hope my comments help make this program even better. All the best.

Cheers and Regards.

hi bphlpt! checked on the lines that you mentioned & i'm presenting what i have verbatim:

[color="#0000FF"]line 66[/color]
[font="Courier New"]) ELSE NOTE: _SNMsynth.ini is not present, default non restrictive settings will be used.[/font]

[color="#0000FF"]line 297[/color]
[font="Courier New"]) ELSE IF /I "%DNF20_IN_PROCESS%"=="YES" IF /I "%DNF20VER%"=="2.0 SP1" NOTE: NDP20SP1-KB946223-x86.exe is a .NET 3.0 SP1 hotfix and won't be applied.&ECHO.[/font]

[color="#0000FF"]line 352[/color]
[font="Courier New"]) ELSE NOTE: MSXML6 !DNF30VER! component will be updated with msxml6.msi&ECHO.[/font]

below are the same lines in 20091105_SNMsynth:

[color="#0000FF"]line 52[/color]
[font="Courier New"]) ELSE NOTE: _SNMsynth.ini is not present, default non restrictive settings will be used.[/font]

[color="#0000FF"]line 189[/color]
[font="Courier New"]IF EXIST NDP20SP1-KB946223-x86.exe IF NOT EXIST dotnetfx35.exe (ECHO NOTE: NDP20SP1-KB946223-x86.exe is a 3.0 SP1 framework hotfix and won't be applied.&ECHO.[/font]

[color="#0000FF"]line 330[/color]
[font="Courier New"]ECHO NOTE: MSXML6 !DNF30VER! component will be updated with %%I&ECHO.[/font]

encountered this particular line too:

'NOTE:' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

i believe my last run went well. posting here my PROCESSDATA.

btw, strel, during these runs using the latest ver: 20091127_SNMsynth, process stays for a long, long time while:

Processing NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe...

wasn't like this before ... just sharing my observation. thanks!

[bphlpt, already replied to it.;)]

Edited by Kiki Burgh

New version is released.

Thx for the heads up, and your kind comments, I also fixed the insertion of assemblies compiling command into install scripts that I forgot to adjust with the last changes causing default .NET behavior: not compiling assemblies in the background inmediately after install, but later on idle time, thus not fulfilling this SNMsynth feature, and being unease.

About this OUT# folders scheme, it's Tomcat76's work, not mine, I only pulished it a bit.

thanks strel & bphlpt! :)

after the run, this is how my directory structure (& contents) looks like:

E:\SNMSynth\OUT1
E:\SNMSynth\OUT1\PROCESSDATA.TXT
E:\SNMSynth\OUT1\T13XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.7z [color="#0000FF"][b](72.8mb)[/b][/color]
E:\SNMSynth\OUT1\XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.exe [b][color="#0000FF"](71.9mb)[/color][/b]
E:\SNMSynth\_20SP2_KB974417FIX.7z
E:\SNMSynth\_20SP#_SLIMMING.7z
E:\SNMSynth\_20SP#LNGbr_KB829019FIX.7z
E:\SNMSynth\_30SP2_REMFONTCACHEFIX.7z
E:\SNMSynth\_30SP#LNG_KB928416FIX.7z
E:\SNMSynth\_35SP1_KB963707FIX_NOFFADDONPROPERTY.7z
E:\SNMSynth\_35SP#_SLIMMING.7z
E:\SNMSynth\_KB951847FIX.7z
E:\SNMSynth\_REM_MSI_BLOCKING.7z
E:\SNMSynth\7za.exe
E:\SNMSynth\dotnetfx.exe
E:\SNMSynth\dotnetfx35.exe
E:\SNMSynth\msxml6-KB954459-enu-x86.exe
E:\SNMSynth\NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe
E:\SNMSynth\NDP1.1sp1-KB953297-X86.exe
E:\SNMSynth\NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe
E:\SNMSynth\NDP20SP2-KB974417-x86.exe
E:\SNMSynth\NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe
E:\SNMSynth\NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe
E:\SNMSynth\NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe
E:\SNMSynth\upx.exe
E:\SNMSynth\WindowsServer2003-KB971276-v2-x86-ENU.exe
E:\SNMSynth\WindowsXP-KB971276-v3-x86-ENU.exe
E:\SNMSynth\_SNMsynth.ini
E:\SNMSynth\7zSD.sfx
E:\SNMSynth\msxml6.msi
E:\SNMSynth\_SNMsynth.cmd

i captured this in the latest run (using 20091130_SNMsynth):

Cleaning work folder...

Checking .NET stuff to build installer(s)/addon(s) for XP...

NOTE: MSXML6, .NET 3.0 SP2 required component, will be updated
with msxml6.msi instead of msxml6-KB954459 present.

NOTE: 3.0 SP2 XPS driver will be updated with WindowsXP-KB971276-v3-x86-ENU.exe
patched with the latest files from WindowsServer2003-KB971276-v2-x86-ENU.exe

** Processing .NET 1.1 package...
Processing NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe...
Processing NDP1.1sp1-KB953297-X86.exe...

** Processing .NET 3.5 SP1 redistributable package...
** Processing .NET 2.0 SP2 portion...
Processing NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe...
Processing NDP20SP2-KB974417-x86.exe...
** Processing .NET 3.0 SP2 portion...
Processing msxml6.msi...
Updating XPS driver with latest files from XP+2K3 KB971376...
Processing NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe...
** Processing .NET 3.5 SP1 portion...
Processing NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe...
Processing NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe...

Creating merged .NET 1.1 SP1, .NET 2.0 SP2,
.NET 3.0 SP2, .NET 3.5 SP1 XP passive installer....
Creating merged .NET 1.1 SP1, .NET 2.0 SP2,
.NET 3.0 SP2, .NET 3.5 SP1 XP passive T-13 add-on...

DONE!

Remove .\TMP folder? (Y/N): Y

Cleaning work folder...

both end-products drastically increased in size. is this expected? have attached too my latest PROCESSDATA.txt ... btw, i noticed the latest run was faster compared to using the prev script. thanks!

PROCESSDATA.TXT

Edited by Kiki Burgh