Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

hi strel! i used to utilize the one tomcat prepared. sadly, he has left the scene (hopefully only temporarily) & today was my 1st time to employ what you have prepared (for use with HFSLIP) ... & for which i am thankful.

i encountered a roadblock though in my 1st run which shows:

Cleaning work folder...

Checking .NET stuff to build installer(s)/addon(s) for XP...

ERROR: Choose the package to process 2.0 framework from. See _SNMsynth.ini
Press any key to exit.

at 1st run, i didn't attempt to change any of the settings contained in _SNMsynth; i tried to give it a go the 2nd time, remarking the other lines while leaving only the following:

PROCESS_DNF11=YES
PROCESS_DNF20=YES
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF20=YES
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF30=YES
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF35=YES

& at the latter part putting YES on some lines as may be seen below:

TARGETOS=XP
T13ADDON=YES
MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=YES
SILENT=
UPX_SFX=
COMPRESSION_RATIO=

below would also show the contents of my work folder (path included):

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_30SP#LNG_KB928416FIX.7z
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_35SP1_KB963707FIX_NOFFADDONPROPERTY.7z
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_35SP#_SLIMMING.7z
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_KB951847FIX.7z
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_REM_MSI_BLOCKING.7z
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\7za.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\dotnetfx.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\dotnetfx35.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\NDP1.1sp1-KB953297-X86.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\NDP20SP2-KB974417-x86.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\NetFx20SP2_x86.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\upx.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\WindowsServer2003-KB971276-v2-x86-ENU.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\WindowsXP-KB971276-v3-x86-ENU.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_SNMsynth.ini
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\7zSD.sfx
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\msxml6.msi
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_SNMsynth.cmd
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\OUT1
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\TMP
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_20SP2_KB974417FIX.7z
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_20SP#_SLIMMING.7z
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_20SP#LNGbr_KB829019FIX.7z
E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_30SP2_REMFONTCACHEFIX.7z

NetFx20SP2_x86.exe is in the directory (tried moving the entire directory too to the root with the same results as i thought the long path could have something to do with it) but it doesn't seem to be recognized. i could be overlooking something ... your support will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Kiki Burgh

My2GirlsDad

Oops, I used the pre-checking setting to trigger 3.5 SP1 family frameworks processes, bad idea. It only affects this case. Will be ready for next version, I'm testing now. Thx for the heads up.

Killgore

I claimed victory over KB951847FIX atomization too soon. I'm testing a new version fixing this now. Thx for you help.

Kiki Burgh

Your problem is simple, you have put 2 different .NET 2.0 framework sources in the work folder. The .ini file is set to process both what is not possible, but it is intended that you have only one of them in the work folder or you to change settings. You have to choose which one to process from.

Edited by strel

Kiki Burgh

Your problem is simple, you have put 2 different .NET 2.0 framework sources in the work folder. The .ini file is set to process both what is not possible, but it is intended that you have only one of them in the work folder or you to change settings. You have to choose which one to process from.

thanks for the reply strel. i'd like to know though how to set in _SNMsynth.ini which to choose. also, kindly clarify:
2.0 SP# can only be processed from 1 of the possible sources, individual or full redistributable packet. Choose.

i basically donwloaded those in the list (not including those that have been replaced) & put them in the work folder. i only had NetFx20SP2_x86.exe in the work folder in all the runs i did. if i already have the later ver (in this case, NetFx20SP2_x86.exe), would the script still seek for the older ver (NetFx20SP1_x86.exe)? tried having both in the work folder too, but still with the same result. as far as other 2.0s are concerned, i only had updates (NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe & NDP20SP2-KB974417-x86.exe), both included in the list to download, in the work folder, as may be seen in my list above. would these cause the problem? do i need to take these out? lastly, did i do the right thing by remarking the rest while leaving only the "PROCESS MAIN PACKAGES" portion intact & answering YES to some under the "SPECIAL" segment. thanks again.

Edited by Kiki Burgh

It is quite obvious you have PROCESS_DNF20 and PROCESS_DNF35_DNF20 to choose, anyway will be clarified for next version. If you want to process all the frameworks you can get rid of NetFx20SP2_x86.exe and to process 2.0 from dotnet35.exe without changing the .ini file.

Settings under PROCESS MAIN PACKAGES marked to YES only work if the related package is in the work folder, no matter the setting unless you have the packet.

If you have NetFx20SP1_x86.exe and NetFx20SP2_x86.exe in the work folder and PROCESS_DNF20=YES, 2.0 SP2 is processed and you are advised by the script (add a prefix e.g. -NetFx20SP2_x86.exe and NetFx20SP1_x86.exe will be processed). For dotnetfx35.exe, both versions have the same filename, you have to rename the one you don't want to process for both to be in the work folder.

hi strel! just need to confirm if file generated after running the script is with .7z extention (in my case: XPDNF11SP120SP230SP235SP1.7z about 42.9mb) which i will run in HFSLIP via svc pack? i've attached processdata.txt from OUT1 folder, in case you might need to view it (including files & settings i've used). your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

PROCESSDATA.TXT

Edited by Kiki Burgh

You are building an add-on for nLite-RVMI, for HFSLIP you need a switchless installer I think, you can extract it from the add-on. You didn't include 2.0 regular hotfixes so they will appear in the the update system in addition to KB951847 because KB958481 is not being applied.

Edited by strel

thanks for the reply strel! that is strange ... apparently, i have downloaded all specified files from post # 1. as suggested, i only took out the ff to process 2.0 from 3.5:

NetFx20SP1_x86.exe

NetFx20SP2_x86.exe

below are the contents of my work directory:

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_20SP2_KB974417FIX.7z

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_20SP#_SLIMMING.7z

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_20SP#LNGbr_KB829019FIX.7z

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_30SP2_REMFONTCACHEFIX.7z

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_30SP#LNG_KB928416FIX.7z

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_35SP1_KB963707FIX_NOFFADDONPROPERTY.7z

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_35SP#_SLIMMING.7z

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_REM_MSI_BLOCKING.7z

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_SNMsynth.cmd

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\_SNMsynth.ini

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\7za.exe

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\7zSD.sfx

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\dotnetfx.exe

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\dotnetfx35.exe

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\msxml6.msi

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\NDP1.1sp1-KB953297-X86.exe

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\NDP30SP2-KB958483-x86.exe

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\upx.exe

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\WindowsServer2003-KB971276-v2-x86-ENU.exe

E:\Documents and Settings\KIKI\Desktop\SNMSynth\WindowsXP-KB971276-v3-x86-ENU.exe

why were they not processed?

your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Kiki Burgh

You didn't include 2.0 regular hotfixes so they will appear in the the update system in addition to KB951847 because KB958481 is not being applied.
hi strel! this was what my inquiry was about ... how come the updates were not processed even if these were included in my run? your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Any NDP20SP2-KB*.exe present should be processed if any 2.0 framework is being processed, is it not your case?

Better you include NDP20SP2-KB971111-x86.exe or it will appear in the update system.

hi strel! as you could see in the processdata.txt i attached previously, i had:

then you posted:

You didn't include 2.0 regular hotfixes so they will appear in the the update system in addition to KB951847 because KB958481 is not being applied.
i wonder if i had them in there, why were these updates to 2.0 not processed. based on my selections:

;PROCESS_DNF20=YES

PROCESS_DNF35_DNF20=YES

2.0 is being processed in this case too, right? so i guess have set everything right (or so i believe). as for KB951847, i read from the 1st post this is an ad-hoc update:

[*]Avoid win/ms update to push .NET 3.5 SP1 Family update KB951847 for WXP/2K3. KB951847 is an ad-hoc update (variable size depending on components included) prompted via win/ms update to complete your own installed .NET set with the parts not installed of the following set (3.5 SP1 family):
as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951847/, this was supposed to have been addressed in .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1. incidentally, also had this in my work directory after the initial run of the script:

do i include KB951847 still?

i just want to be able to utilize your tool & come up with the best (& complete) AIO .net

Better you include NDP20SP2-KB971111-x86.exe or it will appear in the update system.
is this not for 2k as per instructions from the 1st post? should i still include it? again, i appreciate the feedback. cheers! Edited by Kiki Burgh

Don't use ; before settings in the .ini file, the script makes all possible settings yes by default unless the .ini file set another value (empty included), this was probably causing you errors when you put NetFx20SP1_x86.exe and/or NetFx20SP2_x86.exe along with dotnetfx35.exe in the work folder. I should change this.

Apart from that, when I set correctly a 2.0 framework to be processed from one possible source, the script process 2.0 hotfixes without problems in my case. I'm getting messages:

Processing NDP20SP2-KB958481-x86.exe...

Processing NDP20SP2-KB974417-x86.exe...

About KB951847, yes is an ad-hoc update for 3.5 family, but this family includes KB958481. And you're right KB971111 is a 2K only hotfix.

Edited by strel

Don't use ; before settings in the .ini file, the script makes all possible settings yes by default unless the .ini file set another value (empty included), this was probably causing you errors when you put NetFx20SP1_x86.exe and/or NetFx20SP2_x86.exe along with dotnetfx35.exe in the work folder.
[font="Lucida Console"][color="#0000FF"][b];[/b][/color]PROCESS_DNF20=YES[/font]

i just thought that by putting ;, it would bypass that line. i'll just leave it empty then. apart from this, i didn't make any change from the default settings of _SNMsynth.ini when initially running _SNMsynth.cmd (except for some under SPECIAL portion by setting values of the following to:

[font="Lucida Console"]TARGETOS=[color="#0000FF"]XP[/color]
T13ADDON=[color="#0000FF"]YES[/color]
MERGE_FRAMEWORKS=[color="#0000FF"]YES[/color]
SILENT=
UPX_SFX=
COMPRESSION_RATIO=[/font]

also, when you suggested to take out NetFx20SP1_x86.exe & NetFx20SP2_x86.exe, i removed these from the work folder (so i didn't have these 2 in there anymore when i made my following runs) to process 2.0 instead from 3.5 with this default setting:

PROCESS_DNF35_DNF20=YES

... apparently, i have downloaded all specified files from post # 1. as suggested, i only took out the ff to process 2.0 from 3.5:

NetFx20SP1_x86.exe

NetFx20SP2_x86.exe

NetFx20SP1_x86.exe and NetFx20SP2_x86.exe are not going to be processed if 2.0 SP# framework is being processed from dotnetfx35.exe.

i'll try a fresh run again. the only change though will be your latest suggestion of not using ;. these are the default settings i see in the .ini:

; -------  [font="Lucida Console"]PROCESS MAIN PACKAGES
; These settings request processing for .NET 1.1 (dotnetfx.exe), 2.0 SP1/SP2 (NetFx20SP1_x86.exe/NetFx20SP2_x86.exe, if both are
; present SP2 is processed) and each one of 2.0 SP1/SP2,; 3.0 SP1/SP2 and 3.5/3.5 SP1 inside any of the dotnetfx35.exe (3.5/3.5 SP1
; respectively). 2.0 SP# can only be processed from 1 of the possible sources, individual or full redistributable packet. Choose.

PROCESS_DNF11=YES
[color="#0000FF"]PROCESS_DNF20=YES[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]PROCESS_DNF35_DNF20=YES[/color]
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF30=YES
PROCESS_DNF35_DNF35=YES[/font]

as observed, PROCESS_DNF20 is set to YES as well as PROCESS_DNF35_DNF20 (set to YES too). my apologies, but should this not be modified from the current default settings to avoid conflict (both being set to YES), given that common users could either have NetFx20SP1_x86.exe &/or NetFx20SP2_x86.exe present while dotnetfx35.exe exists too (just like what happened to me) or both being neither present in the work folder prior to the initial run?

About KB951847, yes is an ad-hoc update for 3.5 family, but this family includes KB958481.
i have KB958481 in the work folder (as well as KB951847 - Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 (Full Package): dotnetfx35.exe) but you said it wasn't processed.

appreciate your patience strel! cheers!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

The script set all possible/needed settings not defined by .ini file to be able to run if the .ini file is not present. I recently fix the script for the .ini file to adapt to .ini standards but didn't fix this issue, i.e. after ; the setting is now bypassed in the .ini file but the script set default value later anyway. I'll change this for the next version.

About NetFx20SP1_x86.exe & NetFx20SP2_x86.exe, keep them if you want to, along with dotnetfx35.exe, but then change .ini settings to process 2.0 framework only from one source (single or redistributable). Both 2.0 framework process settings are yes at the same in the original .ini file, because It is not expected the user to download 2 different sources (single and redistributable) to process 2.0 framework from (and in that case an error message is displayed). It is intended for the user to be able to start the process without changing the .ini file for the general use. I'll keep it.