Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

@thnx4thepen What is the output of the command "NET CONFIG WORK" in your language?

net_config_work.jpg

and specifically the softwareversion part.

this is the files used:

used_files.jpg

and the last installer was created with the 20091103 release.

thnx4thepen

Can you confirm this file is where it is supposed to be? I mean try uncompressing the installer and look for this file in its folder.

there isn't "update" folder! :o

there is only folder "itLNG" that contains...

itLNG_folder.jpg

the "update" folder (content in "itLNG" folder) contains...

update_folder.jpg

Has the building process output showed "Updating XPS driver with latest files from XP+2K3 KB971376..." message?
showed...

driver_messagge.jpg

Edited by thnx4thepen

If I do exactly what you do, with the same settings (except compression-ratio) and the same files in work folder, the update and SP3QFE folders are appearing in XPS folder.

Do this:

Set the .ini file to process only 3.0. Open _SNMSYNTH.cmd and replace the line

@ECHO OFF

at the beginning, with

@ECHO ON

Open a command line in work folder and run _SNMsynth.cmd > process.log 2>&1 (I edited this command, use this instead, sorry)

Attach OUTPUT.TXT after process finish.

Revert line replacement.

Use latest version to do this.

May XCOPY not be available for some reason?

Edited by strel

If I do exactly what you do, with the same settings (except compression-ratio) and the same files in work folder, the update and SP3QFE folders are appearing in XPS folder.

Do this:

Set the .ini file to process only 3.0. Open _SNMSYNTH.cmd and replace the line

@ECHO OFF

at the beginning, with

@ECHO ON

Open a command line in work folder and run _SNMsynth.cmd > process.log 2>&1 (I edited this command, use this instead, sorry)

Attach OUTPUT.TXT after process finish.

Revert line replacement.

Use latest version to do this.

May XCOPY not be available for some reason?

Now I read your post and...you guessed!

I think I understand where's the problem: my system.

Unfortunately not recognize the command "XCOPY".

The command "XCOPY" is used precisely for the patch KB971276.

I'll just fix the problem other tests.

Thanks for the support Strel! ;)

Prego.

... EDIT:Problem is somewhere in the VC packages, so no problem in the script for me anymore. Trying different setups to see what the problem is.

What packet(s) have you used to preinstall VC?

Strel: found a bug with latest snmsynth (20091104b)

Everything went fine (paint .net 3.5 beta runs fine) until i test the uninstallation of the frameworks:

installed @T-13

When uninstalling .net 3.5sp1, i have the following dialog appearing:

091104033053267162.png

in english the component your trying to use is on a network resource non available

attached the log.

PROCESSDATA.TXT

Edited by mooms

Hey Strel,

Thanks for the update, I will test it with Dutch files.

Question:

DNF30_MSXML6 and DNF30_XPS

The DNF30_MSXML6 one is on YES at this moment, and I have "msxml6-KB954459-nld-x86.exe" in work folder, is that what you mean with updated source?

DNF30_XPS, what exaclty is this? And it is at YES at this moment. (It wont harm installation ?)

(Building merged AIO btw :)).

Oh about VC runtimes, I just put 2005SP1 and 2008SP1 together in 7z and made an silent .exe out of it, that I call before the dotnetfx AIO, shouldnt cause any problems I hope.

Edited by Raoul90

New version released!!

Uninstall bug fixed.

mooms

I inserted 2 wrong lines when reverting cached installers renaming removal of 3.5 SP1 from 20091029, and this seemed to be the problem. I was experiencing this problem but I though it was a problem with my engineering system as nobody was complaining even when I specifically asked about it, posts ago.

Thx a lot for your help.

Raoul90

Yes, this is an updated source, and as it is marked to be processed, it will update MSXML6 for 3.0 framework.

XPS (XML Printing Specification) is a printing architecture for printing natively XPS format, a somewhat similar to postscript or PDF vector document format from MS, that I suppose it is being integrated as a native format on printers (as postscript) and printer drivers is being made for it. XPSESPC (XPS essential pack) is the subcomponent annexed to .NET 3.0, it server as a framework for XPS printing drivers. You can update it with the ad-hoc hotfixes in supported files list. Obviously don't harm. Another 3.0 subcomponent, WIC (Windows Imaging Component) handle images for XPS format.

About the combined VC installer you made, this is exactly what RogueSpear's combined installer is (in supported files list). It uses switches to choose passive/silent mode. I tested with it the .NET without VC installers, and worked fine.

Edited by strel

atolica

You better not use 20091029 except for testing, it contain serious bugs, wait for the next version, soon. What you search is Visual C 8 link in Supported File List section of the guide, I have to clarify it.

Is it ok to use just one package between Visual C 8 runtime from .Net Framework 2.0 and Visual 9 runtime from .Net Framework 3.5 package in your script?

DNF20_VC8_RUNTIME=NO

DNF35_VC9_RUNTIME=YES

No, you have to use both if both .NET 2.0 SP# and 3.5 SP# are used.

Both runtimes are complementary and prerequired for their respective framework versions. You can only choose to install them from the .NET frameworks (outdated) or to remove them from .NET to preinstall them from external packets (updated for the files in VC file group of supported files list).

About this, I have not tested Code65536's nor Kel's runtime packs with SNMsynth installers/add-ons with VC removed. I suppose both are OK with this method, but any experience anyone have on this is welcome to confirm.

Edited by strel

New version released!!

Uninstall bug fixed.

mooms

I inserted 2 wrong lines when reverting cached installers renaming removal of 3.5 SP1 from 20091029, and this seemed to be the problem. I was experiencing this problem but I though it was a problem with my engineering system as nobody was complaining even when I specifically asked about it, posts ago.

Thx a lot for your help.

You're welcome strel!

thank your for this handy script and the quick update!

will test it asap!

thnx4thepen

I can do it without errors for the same files.

It is a problem with your windows installer.

Try this: open a command line and run:

msiexec /unregister

then

msiexec /regserver

and then try repeating the building process.

If this don't work try reinstalling windows installer by running:

msiexec /unregister

then reinstalling windows installer and restarting

and then try repeating the building process.

Edited by strel

Strel: with 20091104c no more errors on uninstalling 3.5sp1, but an error message appears when uninstalling 3.0 langpack.

No trace in event viewer, uninstallation is succesful anyway.

What error? About not being able to uninstall? About not finding msi installer? About font cache (ShGet... or GetFont... or something similar)?

The 3.0 you have uninstalled with error had been built with the latest version or with a previous one and then you used a 3.5 of the latest?

Anyway if there's no trace I think you may even not find it again if you repeat.

I am not having this error.

Anyone else?

Edited by strel

i just reinstalled (with a different build: all frameworks this time) in live system, same error when uninstalling:

091104081200641684.png

in english : Windows Installer has encoutered an unexpected error when installing this package. It's maybe a problem related to this package.The error code is 2721

as i said it's not really annoying because the package will uninstall anyway.

Edited by mooms