Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20100118 - W2K/XP/2K3 x86

strel

I cannot recreate it. I created a 3.0 SP2 installer with fr langpack, installed it, uninstall 3.0 langpack and no error is showed. Looking for the error reference, this reference means "Custom Action not found in binary table stream", that means that there's an executing action in the .msi installer database that doesn't find the built-in script it has to execute for this action, that's why I though any of the .mst (transform files, i.e. some of the fixes this method applies) that transform 3.0 fr langpack .msi installer, would had a bug, what's pretty feasible (too many files I've made), but doesn't seem to be the case, at least with the latests files I'm using.

Have you overwrited all previous files when you extracted 20091104c packet?

Can I have the uninstall log file? %TEMP%\MSIXXXXXX.LOG, check date and hour.

Can you attach .\OUT#\processdata.txt ?

Edited by strel

Yes, i have deleted all files before uncompressing 20091104c.

it's a virtual installation of XPSP3 with an update pack integrated.

I have installed .net 2+3+3.5 @ T-13, tested an encoutered the error when uninstalling, then i have tested a other build, with all frameworks this time, installed directly, then uninstalled, same error showing as you can see.

I have attached both processdata.txt in a zip file, and all the log i have found in the temp folder is in this rar archive

processdata.zip

I don't see anything strange in process data.

None of those logs is the uninstall log we're searching. It should have the form of MSIXXXXX.log, mine has 417KB. Should be generated by 3.0 langpack uninstall, you can identify it easily if you go to the end of the log. One of the last lines should say something like:

(s) (C4:B8) [20:24:35:494]: Produit : Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Language Pack - FRA -- Suppression effectuée.

Edited by strel

The only two wo MSIxxx.log files i have are in the rar archive.

Same content for both (i have uninstalled the langpack two times)

the content is:

Windows Installer a rencontré une erreur inattendue lors de l’installation de ce package. Il s’agit peut-être d’un problème lié au package. Le code d’erreur est 2721. Les arguments sont : CA_KB951847FIX4b, ,

=== Fin de l’écriture dans le journal : 04/11/2009 19:40:04 ===

Then generate a verbose log. Do this:

- Install 3.0 with its langpack.

- Open a command line a type:

msiexec /x{0BD83598-C2EF-3343-847B-7D2E84599128} /l*v %TEMP%\DNF30LNGFRuninstall.log

And then attach %TEMP%\DNF30LNGFRuninstall.log.

Edited by strel

thnx4thepen

I can do it without errors for the same files.

It is a problem with your windows installer.

Try this: open a command line and run:

msiexec /unregister

then

msiexec /regserver

and then try repeating the building process.

If this don't work try reinstalling windows installer by running:

msiexec /unregister

then reinstalling windows installer and restarting

and then try repeating the building process.

Hi strel! :)

I've guessed again! the problem was the Windows Installer: now I create with 4.5 version and ALL (software&update) ok ;)

The only problem is the reboot of system: after installation of .NET , during the closure of the OS, freeze...

I've installed the .NET from desktop in a Virtual Machine OS: Windows XP SP3 full updated (DiretcX August 2009, Windows Installer 4.5 + KB958655-v2, Windows Update Agent 3.0 v7.4.7600.226...).

New version released!! :thumbup

2 minor bugs removed.

mooms

Thx a lot!!!

You helped me a lot finding one of the most slippery bugs I have had with this method. I dropped a wrong single digit in 30SP2LNG_KB951847FIX.mst causing your (and everybody's using 3.0 SP2 langpacks) problem.

What's happening is that it was failing to remove 1 regvalue used as KB951847 fix for 3.5 SP1 family langpacks, only in the case 3.0 SP2 langpack was the last langpack from this family to be uninstalled (tricky). But the error appears not only in that circumstance, because it is triggered when the script to execute is not found, whether it has to be executed or not.

What's curious is that it seems the error dialog is only showed sometimes because only sometimes makes the langpack removing fail (go figure), what's your case, or at least is what your log says, though you say you could managed to remove it successfully. That's not my case for example, though the error was in the uninstall log, it didn't make the uninstall fail (log says), hence didn't show the error dialog.

thnx4thepen

Sorry I think I linked 3.1 version instead of 4.5, I fixed it. About your freezing, what can I say, I think it is something with your windows installation. It is not happening to me. Had you restarted after installing windows installer and before installing .NET?

Anyone over with the same problem as thnx4thepen ????

Edited by strel

2 minor bugs removed.

thanks again for your (continuos) hard work! ;)
thnx4thepen

Sorry I think I linked 3.1 version instead of 4.5, I fixed it. About your freezing, what can I say, I think it is something with your windows installation. It is not happening to me. Had you restarted after installing windows installer and before installing .NET?

All the tests have been made with a "clean" installation: virtual machine was formatted and the OS reinstalled.

Windows Installer 4.5 + update has been installed via RunOnce.

Before install the. NET I rebooted the OS.

NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86 UPDATED FILES:

System.Data.Services.Client.dll 3.5.30729.196

System.Data.Services.dll 3.5.30729.196

System.Web.DynamicData.dll 3.5.30729.196

System.Web.Entity.dll 3.5.30729.196

System.Web.Extensions.dll 3.5.30729.196

KB958484.gif

netfx20lpa_x86.msi、netfx30lpa_x86.msi、DNF35\twLNG\vs_setup.msi

Silent .NET Maker synthesized 20091105 ex:

netfx20lpa_x86_msi.gif

source:

netfx20lpa_x861_msi.gif

THANKS!! :thumbup:thumbup

2 minor bugs removed.

mooms

Thx a lot!!!

You helped me a lot finding one of the most slippery bugs I have had with this method. I dropped a wrong single digit in 30SP2LNG_KB951847FIX.mst causing your (and everybody's using 3.0 SP2 langpacks) problem.

What's happening is that it was failing to remove 1 regvalue used as KB951847 fix for 3.5 SP1 family langpacks, only in the case 3.0 SP2 langpack was the last langpack from this family to be uninstalled (tricky). But the error appears not only in that circumstance, because it is triggered when the script to execute is not found, whether it has to be executed or not.

What's curious is that it seems the error dialog is only showed sometimes because only sometimes makes the langpack removing fail (go figure), what's your case, or at least is what your log says, though you say you could managed to remove it successfully. That's not my case for example, though the error was in the uninstall log, it didn't make the uninstall fail (log says), hence didn't show the error dialog.

I'm glad i have helped you!

Thank your for the update strel, everything is workin fine now!

Strel,

Love this program.

For XP everything worked great with no problems.

For 2k, even though it says it will not process 3.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 it still tries to, and has problems. If I change the _SNMsynth.ini to not process those, everything works fine. In your previous version I didn't have to do this. Did a line of code go missing? Just wondering.

Thanks for all your hard work on this. You guys amaze me.

M2GD