Animated Wallpapers?

Big Booger

Anyone know where you can get an animated wallpaper? I knew a program that would do this but it was cheesey. It only would animated patterns. For example. I would like to take a movie clip and make it my background in windows XP. ANother thing is I would like to take an animated image and make it a background. It would be like having a screensaver in your background. I think this would be kewl.

I would specifically like to see the acquarium screensaver be turned into a wallpaper.

One thing though, I don't want a program to hog all my resources.

Thanks,

Big Booger

Yeah I agree,

I would be willing to sacrifice if need be. I just think it would be kewl as hell.

Also I remember a past post where someone had a 64Kb file with audio and animation to it. That is kinda like something I want to do to my wallpaper. I mean its kind of boring to see the flat 2D or 3D image. I want some pizaz. Something to brag about.

Big Booger

the only animated wallpaper i know of.. is making your wallpaper flash..

deviantart.com has some nice ones just search flash wallpaper

and I'm guessing that it would be possible by using active desktop to embedd a video within an html page and make it run on your system

what program do you know that is cheezy?

• 3 months later...

Hey BB

Depends how 'animated' you mean. I have in the past used an HTML page as a desktop. I created a pretty complex 'looking' page with java script animations like the 'water ripple' and another one with some 'spinning electron' looking chingaderras. Was kewl for a while - but I bored with it after a bit. I have also seen a demonstration recently of the next version of Intervideo WinDVD. They have a feature coming up that will put a dvd on your desktop background. Not sure about the resources required though :-)

LS

• 1 year later...

I have the Sachs Aquarium screensaver running as my desktop wallpaper.. if you have the plus pack for windows xp, you can have it too... for some reason it doesn't work with the full version of the aquarium screensaver, just the one that comes with xp plus.

Just go to http://www.vital-desktop.com and download vital desktop.. it's a program that allows you to run screensavers as desktop wallpaper... you need a decent system though if you dont' want to experience slowdown.

It works great with all my screensavers.. cool program

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...