eXPerience Pack

RP is MUCH more advanced than this pack (I used it way back in the past, but I read the changelog before posting), here is a list of disadvantages:

• No skinning
  • No 32-bit alpha blended icons support
  • XP icons instead of Vista ones (this depends on personal taste, though both look HORRIBLE without support for 32-bit alpha blended icons)
  • Explorer/IE toolbar images are not modified
  • and more...

Has anyone tried this? How does it compare with Tihiy's revolutions pack?

http://www.windowsxlive.net/?page_id=14

The site is in maintenance...and it gives me a link to vista transformation pack8! :blink:

For who's interested, it's here too:

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/eXPe...wnload-456.html

The biggest downside of this software is that it can't be customized. Sure, RP7 does much more but that's more a total system remake than just a customization. It can't be compared with anything :)

The eXperience Pack changes most (but not all) system icons by their XP counterparts and add's a bunch of desktop theme's to your displayproperties. But you won't have any choice yourself, you must love XP icons... It can also change your startup and shutdown logo and your systemsounds into XP ones. Something that you can do yourself, with free choice. Any icontweaker in combination with Uberskin will do much better than eXperience Pack. It's outdated anyway.

Edited by noguru

Now i remembered that i've tryed this pack and i can say that it doesn't compare with RP7...... For Uberskin, i'm working now to make ResPatches off all the files(changing all the icons)....so, soon we will have nice icons too....

I must admit, though, that the color schemes are nice. There is this "eXperience Blue" scheme that I saved to a .REG file and use it untill today, even on Windows XP (I like the classic interface better than skins)

For Uberskin, i'm working now to make ResPatches off all the files(changing all the icons)....so, soon we will have nice icons too....
Will it works on RP7, Xstyle? After installing SP 3.0 beta 2, I lost many icons from the Renovatio but I'm too tired to replace them back again. I think I'll wait for your patches to fix this small problem.

For Uberskin, i'm working now to make ResPatches off all the files(changing all the icons)....so, soon we will have nice icons too....
Will it works on RP7, Xstyle? After installing SP 3.0 beta 2, I lost many icons from the Renovatio but I'm too tired to replace them back again. I think I'll wait for your patches to fix this small problem.

The patches will work only if the files are the right ones to patch.....so if i make patches after RP7 files will work smoothly, but if i make patches only after win98se files will not work for some files.

For example in RP7 we have shell32.dll, explorer.exe and other files from win2000...so if you try with a restorator patch(RP) made for shell32.dll win98 version will not work.

I'm thinking to a solution....but i guess it's not possible to make a patch work for win98 and win2000 files....so the only way is to make two packs-one with only the win98 files(an original pack) and one with RP7 files(maybe RP8). So that users can decide what to use. :whistle:

Edited by Xstyle

I'm thinking to a solution....but i guess it's not possible to make a patch work for win98 and win2000 files....so the only way is to make two packs-one with only the win98 files(an original pack) and one with RP7 files(maybe RP8). So that users can decide what to use.

How about RTFM? You can launch respatchers with /force key.

But notice, respatching is forbidden with KernelEx and not advised with RP8.

I'm thinking to a solution....but i guess it's not possible to make a patch work for win98 and win2000 files....so the only way is to make two packs-one with only the win98 files(an original pack) and one with RP7 files(maybe RP8). So that users can decide what to use.

How about RTFM? You can launch respatchers with /force key.

But notice, respatching is forbidden with KernelEx and not advised with RP8.

Read The Fu**ing Manual.......Thanx for the advice...

Edited by Xstyle