nLite 1.4.9.1 - Honey Turbo 9.1

nuhi

jmbattle, kinda obvious, it autoupdates files in it, files that can come from a hotfix or update pack.

bledd, wifi compat...should work, don't know. Basically keep the WLAN service and it should warn you what else to keep.

TranceEnergy, NLS from the same branch kept for better compatibility. For example if Russian is kept and other in its branch removed it would corrupt some characters. So that means other langs may have the same issue as they did for some that reported MSN weird characters.

What I should do is somehow make that protection silent, those nls files are small enough to be ignored and better to keep them, at least those that share the same branch.

Well one other thing is that codepages doesnt seem to be cleaned up, tho i dont know what nlite really means by that. When i goto regedit to see codepages, there are a lot of empty entries.

I always delete those emtpy ones. I also uncheck every thing i can under "code page conversion tables" in Regional and language options cpl.

Edit: when i had selected to remove everything, driver.cab was still at 48mb, that was weird.

Edited by TranceEnergy

What reg entries are those, one for example that should be removed and tell me which langs you keep?

I tried it now all removed xp sp3 and driver.cab is 113kB, SP3.cab is 3.79MB. So next time double check, forum is not a diary.

Lol my bad nuhi, i read off the wrong window from vmware on another install. I guess i could say it looked real. =D

Many emtpy entries on my current *old* (managed to keep it for some weeks) nlited install in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage

On my modified install entries from 10001 to 10082 are empty and many more.

I know that nlite doesnt really remove all entries at *least*, as i've checked these on my last nlite installs with disabled to keep codepages under options page in nlite.

I think i'm just going to figure out what nls files i need from there, and delete those empty and duplicate entries i dont need.

edit: just did it, now 60 files less =)

Edited by TranceEnergy

Thx for your work nuhi. :thumbup

A recurrent error from previous versions and actual is presets window behaving weirdly when there's a list of presets exceeding window and you scroll down to the bottom and then maximize. List shows out of position and hides some items.

Suggestion: If I remember right from what I read, for boot menu selection with last know good configuration and so, it's needed manual install and upgrade, am I right? Maybe it should be indicated in its component window legend.

Edited by strel

Its not that, it was that if i had integrated ie7, then nlite could not remove IE.

nuhi: Do you think it could be possible to add back in renaming of "common files" folders? As well as renaming what program files(x86) folder to any name one wants?

I also wonder if it could be possible that nlite could detect theme under $oem folder, themes folder, and use theme from there?

Edited by TranceEnergy

TranceEnergy, ok, no, no. :)

strel, boot menu with F8? Or with Repair option?

For neither is Manual Install needed.

Outbreaker, if you want to upgrade IE Core (MSHTML engine) and remove IE GUI. For example then you can still use Maxthon or Firefox IETab addon.

:) okinawa.

nLite silently updated, exe version 1.4.9.1, fixed Remove box, wasn't working if Options page enabled and now if you disable Keep Code Page option it will remove all selected languages.

btw do u have removal for windows cardspace, going to check it, downloading new version.

That is part of .Net 3 and removable in vLite (Vista), does not exist in XP/2k3 by default. If not visible it is WCF component, try vlite -extreme switch.

Okay i didnt think/know where it come from.

Well, i am going to try and remove it. xp x64 here.

edit:

7KB , edit: 9kb, batch file did it ;D , added asp.net for removal, 3300 files+ total now...

Haven't added registry removals on it yet tho.

Bonus!: I can also delete this service now:

Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service

desc:Provides ability to share TCP ports over the net.tcp protocol.

I most certainly dont need it, at least not that i know of any programs using it.

Sorry for offtopic, but the password on services, how can i see what they are?

I want to know if i need that password if i want to re-create the service, but i guess i can set my own password then. Still i'd like to know how to get that password.

I tried a program called asterisk password or something, it didnt work.

post-91607-1220575640_thumb.jpg

Edited by TranceEnergy

@nuhi

Until release 1.4.8 I have had no problem running nLite with the nlruntimeR3 (instead of .NET Framework 2.0 SP1).

But today - with release 1.4.9 (latest ver.) + nlruntimeR3 (on a fully updates XP Pro - nLite did not even start...

Please nuhi give me some advice.

Thanx in advance

SwedenXP :wacko:

Hello :)

I'm trying nLite 1.4.9(.1) after a long time I didn't use it (version 1.3) and I use Windows MCE (2002 version) SP2 Italian version.

If I integrate SP3 nLite doesn't read anymore some options from Lastsession.ini, so I have to set them again.

In the "Unattended page" these options are:

- Users page is set by default (no more User account with my name, no more Blank password, etc..)

- Regional Timezone is blank

- also Display options are set by default

In the "Options page" the only options I changed were: disable "Press any key" boot message (and it became enabled), Maximum unfinished simultaneous connections (TCP/IP patch) and Unsigned theme support; maybe also the other options could change but I haven't tried..

I've tried again the same without SP3 and there are no problems

Edited by Venos