eset smart security or symantec endpoint protection v11

hi

please help me here, am trying to choose a security software for my xp. but am stuck here, because both of these products eset smart security and symantec endpoint protection v11 are very good.

all i want to know is which one of these will give me the best protection, and also consume few system resources

thank you.

Edited by shahed26

I think eset smart security is better than symantec

With eset smart security , it’s not necessary to sacrifice speed for detection. Scanning and update processes happen behind the scene without a perceptible decrease in performance.eset smart security Antivirus includes one of the fastest scanners in the industry,

Compare antivirus software and you'll discover that eset smart security is by far one of the smallest applications in the industry, especially for providing protection against a wide range of threats. For example, the v2.7 of ESET NOD32 Antivirus installer is just 11 MB. The program utilizes approximately 15 to 22 MB of RAM.

Forrest

Brothersoft Support

• 1 month later...
ESET with no questions asked.symantec has shown over time that their products doesnt even worth looking at... its hasnt been only my experience!

Have you used both in a multi-country based company, consisting of 55.000 users in one of these countries alone? :whistle:;) The solutions which Symantec offers for corporate environments beats ESET every day in regards to configurability, management, scalability, et cetera.

what the heck!!? why is this even an argument? in the past, symantec has been more of a virus than anythign else. i thought this was common knowledge!

for one thing it uses HUGE system resources. that is an ABSOLUTE FACT.

to make it worse for symantec, ESET is INSANELY more effective. amongst the best in the industry. Its heuristics are unbeatable. eset either matches or beats symantec in every way when it comes to detection.

so you have eset, that uses virtually no system resources AND catches more. then of course there was the discovery that Norton 2005 actually ran as a rootkit, behind the scenes, the only antivirus to do so, so you didnt actually know what the hell it was doing (and why it uses so much resources). it was practically a virus. even after uninstalling, you needed special tools to completely remove it.

i dont know. im not an expert. im really not. if youre concerned about virus detection: ESET. footprint: Eset. the rest of it...whatever.

most of the problems ive had with peoples PC's in the past has been because of symantec. either because it completely failed to stop anything, or (even more often) it was the virus itself.