Nero 8

SwedenXP

thanks for pointing that out, i did not even notice that, its only mentioned once as far as I can tell but it is in the first paragraph on the page :P

What is CDBurnerXP?

CDBurnerXP is a free application to burn CDs and DVDs, including Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs.

If you're going to evaluate a product you 1st need to set your personal opinion to the side.

I was recently invited to do some testing with the upcoming release of the Nero 8 Suite. I'm glad to report that Nero has done alot of work with thier codecs and how they interact with your system. The majority of them are no longer an issue and only function with Nero products (Showtime etc.)

Other directshow players will continue to use the codecs installed by the Vista Codec Package.

For Vista users (I haven't had time to do any testing with XP), Nero 8 functions perfectly fine along with VCP

and the interaction between the 2 products is minimal and not detrimental whatsoever as far as I can tell.

To sum up my evaluation, for anyone using Vista and prefering to use Nero products...

The Nero 8 Suite is a must have upgrade that will finally stop you from pulling your hair out over playback issues.

shark

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with puntoMX, there's no need to upgrade unless you really want the new features.

Nero 8 itself is great though - it very fast* (even on my AMD k6-2 400), writes well and is quite stable. The Burning ROM is probably one of the best writing programs you could get. The same, however can't be said of the other bundled apps - there are much better freeware and commercial software that do a better job than what Nero's bundled.

But, once again, if you have absolutely no need for HD/BD and the other bundled Nero apps, it's not worth upgrading to Nero 8.

Even though my main writing app these days is Ghosthunter's CD/DVD burning, I still keep the old Nero around because its the only program that supports burning short lead-outs - very handy for the occasional overburn.

---

* = After removing all the bloat, of course.

hai

iam using winxp sp2 unattended v 2600

iam already add KB893803 upadate.

nero 8 didnt insatll in this xp i dont know why.

only that is the first complaint i see in my xp .

any one to know this error why happen and can i install nero 8

I am now using ImgBurn for almost everything, takes a minute to learn but is worth it.

Doesn't it automatically create an image of whatever you're burning before it actually burns it?

I recently ditched Nero for CDBurnerXP.