Office 2000/XP/2003 Slipstreamer Version 1.4 Final

mara-

Office 2000/XP/2003 Slipstreamer, version 1.4 Final

Capability's:

- Creating of Admin Install (Enterprise editions only, limitation created by Microsoft); ***

- Integration of SP3 (and SP1 for Office 2000);

- Hotfixes integration.

Supported version's:

- Office 2003;

- FrontPage 2003;

- Visio 2003;

- Visio 2002;

- Project 2003;

- Project 2002;

- InfoPath 2003;

- Office XP;

- Office 2000 (CD1, CD2).

*** If anyone know the workaround for this, I'll be glad to hear it and maybe I could implement it somehow into Office Slipstreamer.

New version is out, version 1.5 Beta 4. It can be found here.

If you have some problem, or you found bug, please post log when reporting.

If your Antivirus detects Office Slipstreamer as malware, that is false positive.

More info also here.

Changelog:

Version 1.4 Final (Date of publishing: 03/09/2008):

- Fixed bug with launching help file (again);

- Fixed program crash when invalid path is entered in "Chain install" tab;

- Fixed program crash on Office Setup browse when setup launch program is differently named (instalar.exe instead of setup.exe for example);

- Progress bar added in Beta 2 is replaced with new one because it was not compatible with Windows Vista;

- Prompt for copying admin files when detected on removable media is removed, files are now automatically copied when button "Start" is pressed;

- Added few new stuffs for loging;

- Minor GUI changes;

- Two versions of slipstreamer exist now, 32-bit and 64-bit;

- Improved setup_h.exe;

- Added Swedish translation, thanks to schakan;

- Some spelling errors in program are corrected.

Version 1.4 Beta 2 (Date of publishing: 02/08/2008):

- Fixed problem with hotfix integration in Windows Vista;

- Fixed program crash when invalid path was entered;

- Fixed problem with "File you chose is not Office Setup file." even if you chose Office setup file;

- Added button "Paste" for serial key;

- Added log feature;

- Added feature which allows unblock of formats that Microsoft blocked with SP3 in Office 2003;

- Added progress bar when file copy of administrative files from CD/DVD to hard disk is in progress;

- Major changes to GUI (new tabs added, removed all buttons for integration which are replaced with button "Start", 90% of messages and all splash screens are replaced with tray tips).

Version 1.4 Beta 1 (Date of publishing: 12/23/2007):

- Added Chained install ;

- Added support for Project 2002 and Project 2002 (retail);

- Added support for FrontPage 2002;

- Added Arabic (Egypt), Arabic (Golf countries), Japanese translation, thanks to ashraf21c;

- Added Italian translation, thanks to jinkazama;

- 7-Zip is not used any more;

- There is no need to put hotifxes in one folder any more;

- Removed support for silent installing of Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office System (use Chained Install for this).

Previous versions change log can be found in help file.

Translations needed:

From version 1.2 beta 3, this applications can be translated on other languages then English. I will upload file you need to translate as attachment. File have .lng extension, and it can be opened with Notepad. So if you are willing to do the translation I want to thank you in advance.

If you want to use translation you need to put translated file into root folder of Office Slipstreamer. Only one .lng file can be present. If you want again to use English language, just delete .lng file. Every translated file will be included in Office 2000/XP/2003 Slipstreamer installer.

[File updated at: 03/25/2008]

english.rar

Please, when translating, watch how long your lines are!

Currently available languages:

- Arabic (thanks to ashraf21c);

- Danish (thanks to kalle_mod);

- English;

- Italian (thanks to jinkazama);

- Japanese (thanks to ashraf21c);

- Polish (thanks to Tolek81)

- Portuguese-Brazil (thanks to bolajones);

- Serbian;

- Spanish (thanks to GeoF2002);

- Swedish (thanks to schakan);

- Turkish (thanks to KenanBalamir).

Database for hotfixes:

Database for Office XP contain following hotfixes (read Help file, section Info, tips, download... and you will know why this list is here):

[List updated at : 03/25/2008]

- All post SP3 updates till 03/25/2008. List will be added soon.

XP SP2 users who integrate all Office XP updates above will notice new critical update for Win Xp on WU/MU. That is Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB885884). You can add this update to chain install to avoid install from WU/MU.

Database file for Office 2003 contain following hotfixes (read Help file, section Info, tips, download... and you will know why this list is here):

[List updated at : 03/25/2008]

- All post SP3 updates till 03/25/2008. List will be added soon.

Registry file is available for following languages of Office (v. XP and 2003):

- All languages.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

picture09032008230728dc4.jpg

Please uninstall versions published before 1.3 beta 2 to avoid double entries in Add/Remove programs. This is necessary because name of application is changed. For the future versions this will not be necessary.

Download Office 2000/XP/2003 Slipstreamer v1.4 Final (32-bit version) - Mirror 1

Download Office 2000/XP/2003 Slipstreamer v1.4 Final (32-bit version) - Mirror 2

Download Office 2000/XP/2003 Slipstreamer v1.4 Final (64-bit version) - Mirror 1

Download Office 2000/XP/2003 Slipstreamer v1.4 Final (64-bit version) - Mirror 2

MD5 checksums (32-bit version): 3635dc29cbb5efe032aa488db7e3b31f

MD5 checksums (64-bit version): 365e872f026a0cd38b8993332414fafc

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

You are developing this? Can you tell us more about it?

I just made integrator which will integrate SP3 into Admin install of Office 2003. If you are interested, download it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/58833527/OfficeIntegrator_final_.exe

Very nice, I didn't get any errors and no setup_IO.exe :)

how do your program integrate if I may ask?

@TAiN

Yes, I'm developing this. What do you want to tell you more? I wrote in first post what for is this program capable. If you have some specific question just ask.

EDIT: If you are asking how my program is integrating, well answer is simple: I'm using instructions given on http://unattended.msfn.org. Since instructions are for SP2 I adapted it for SP3 and then I made GUI.

@clavicle

I'll upload it somewhere else, too.

Edited by mara-

Does this work with all 5 cd's?

Some notes.

To integrate the junk email filter, do it BEFORE integrating the SP3 service packs. (It is not included in the service packs.)

For Visio, you must set SHORTFILENAMES=FALSE.

Cheers

For now this works only for CD1, maybe I'll added support for the rest of CD's in some of next versions.

SHORTFILENAMES=FALSE ???

EDIT:Who told you this?

According to http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/48/ it needs to be set SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE.

And I integrated according to the page. Integration was successfully. After that I installed Visio with SP3 integrated and installation was successfully, and Windows Update did not show that I need service pack 3.

So you are wrong.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

I'm having some trouble adding hotfixes with beta 4, it craches and says "error line -1 can't execute external program, file not found" after I select the folder for my hotfixes and the folder where my admin install is located :(

Edit:

btw. I translated it into danish, see attached file

danish.rar

Edited by kalle_mod

Thank you for translation. Error you are getting is a small bug. I already located it and will be fixed soon. In meantime, you can do following: Your hotfixes and admin install can not be located in My Documents or Program Files for example. This means you can not use path where spaces exist. Here is example where can you place it:

C:\office
C:\hotfixes

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-