How to build a PC.

MSNwar

• 3 months later...

Don't just do the research to find the best componets make sure too look at the manufacturers benchmark specs and compatibility ratings for the other components in your pc. You can normally find that information right on the site.

if the thread is old or not i figured i would throw in my two bits

pc specs.

3.4 GHz HT 775 Socket (found the 3.6HTX to unstable inpast)

2 Gig DDR2 Ram (4 chips dual channel mode)

Intel 925XCV Board

2x200Gig Sata (Stripe Volumed)

DVD-Ram Drive (LG)

CD-RW 52x32x52 (LG)

GeForce 6600 PCI-E 256mb

Total price - 2600 canadian

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick "2 cents"....

When building a pc, always try (where possible) to get a good psu with your case. I dont mean <amount-of-Watts> but a quality case like a Antec, Aopen, etc. and not a case that costs £20 and comes with a 350/400W psu by an un-heardof manufacturer.

You'll probably end up with a totally unstable system and wonder why, even if all the other components are high quality.

Get a good £50 (or more) case (which includes a PSU by the same manuacturer) as you'll end up having a more smooth running pc.

And like some have mentioned previously, when choosing the components you want - make sure you always research every component to avoid getting problems later.

If it takes you more than a month to do so, then you've probably researched enough - never skimp on good stuff.

(to those in the uk - the new KFC adverts are hellish funny arent they? hehe)

Regards,

Nath

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes and the first Link is for older easier to build PCs, Pentium 4 PCs have much more connectors, Front USB, Heatsink, Front Audio, differing backpane etc... I had 4 hours to build a P4 and 30 Minutes to Build a P3 and I can say, that I'm practised, but I heard, that Intel www.intel.com has released a Flash animation of that.

Check this out: http://developer.intel.com/personal/build/index.htm

And yes it is an advertising of Pentium 4.

• 2 months later...

hiya there

try out cti directs dream machine

it is very helpful in making a new machine whihc u want

easy and user friendly

u can save all the system which is configured

plus the best part about this is it shows all those components which are inter compatiable with each other

so i guess no one can have compatiabilty probs while building ur own dream machine

here is the link

www.ctidirect.co.uk

on the top u will see dream machin

click on tht and see how it is helpful

Edited by harly123

• 2 weeks later...

if u know a bit about this computer building stuff (no pun intended, bit, u get it?), help me. I posted a question in general discussion about using BIOS on SATA drives (my BIOS doesn't seem to be able to sense them even though it came with a MB that has SATA plugs!). :realmad: Help out a noob.

Edited by tiusic

in my opinion i think sites that show a video of step by step process on how to build a computer would be much easier, This For Example , but that one only tells you how to install a video card and power supply, anyone know any links like the one i posted except, it shows videos on how to build a whole computer? i think its more descriptive =D

thats what people need, or vry detailed descriptions conciding with pictures

@tiusic-that was a horrible joke,lol,sounds like something one of my computer teachers would say, he has absolutly no personality and is monotone

• 5 months later...