ASUS sucks (there is a pun in french)

Thauzar

I just wanted to start a topic to tell everyone how I now hate ASUS.

I bought a new 3000$ computers last august, with an incredible asus board, and a kickass asus nvidia 7900 video card. Now, after 9 months, I have already spend 1 month and a half withouth my comp because 1- my mobo needed replacement, then 2- my gfx card needed replacement.

I talked to a lot of people, (including comp shop owner) and everyone was surprised (in a bad way) at how last summer's Asus releases sucked. He had to replace so much mobo and other cards that he just stopped recommending Asus. Asus used to be a great company, providing excellent and reliable pieces of equipment, justifying the high prices their parts are. But now how about paying that much for junk?

Shame on you ASUS, cause you now SUCK and I'll remember the money and time I wasted on your brand next time anyone will need my advices for a computer. I had a cheap 35$ SIS card that lasted for more than a decade without problems, I was not expecting a top of the line 200$+ mobo to be worst, but it seems possible for an Asus!

Asus should realise how important it is to always release quality products, cause when some comp shop owners, or geeks like me who always get to build all it's family pc's, when those kind of people turn their back on your brand and loses trust in your name, it's bad, and it's gonna be long to win back.

Edited by Thauzar

First I want to say; Best computershop you can get when you have to wait 1.5 months for replacements, next time go to another place where they replace it directly, looks more like that computershop doesn´t like to fix your things; "we replaced so many ASUS products..."... right...

Second; Last year I only had 1 ASUS mobo of 150 that was defective (overheating 6150LE/430 chipset)

So, I think ASUS still isn´t that bad ;). I hope other people will tell you the same...

First off, a $200 mobo is not top of the line. $350, like the Asus Striker Extreme, maybe.

Second, when complaining about stuff like this, its helpful to provide some specifics:

• Which model board did you have?
  • What kind of power supply were you using?
  • What type of surge protector / UPS did you have hooked up?

I have only ever had one Asus motherboard die on me, and it was actually the nVidia nForce 4 chipset's RAID controller, not any thing made by Asus.

3 Times MSI owner here and soon to be 4 times. I've had issues with Asus years ago and switched to MSI.

BTW - This is my personnal opinion. Some could have the opposite opinion.

It's like owning a Ford and Flaming GM in a way.

yeah I know, it's probably not all Asus's fault, but hey, it's their name on the box so this is what happens.

The reasons it's taking so long is because the computer shop doesnt carry the asus gfx card I had so he could not replace it and had to send it for replacement. Same happened with my mobo but this time because they were out of stock and waiting for shipment.

my mobo is an M2N32SLI-Deluxe Wireless Edition, and it's on a 700watt enermax power supply. What went wrong is was a manufacturing problem (they said), which resulted in strange bsod and hours of troubleshooting in order to find out it was the north-something-bridge-controler (whatever) that was causing the trouble. Full replacement of the part.

this time it seems it's the ram on my graphic card that burned up or something. Maybe it's not asus that makes them, but I mean, it's a strange and deceitful coincidence that the first and seconds, well all of the 2 pieces that broke in my 3000$ rig had ASUS on the box.

So sorry if it's not all of Asus faults, I just had to blow some steam since I can't play any FPS (which where used to blow some steam)

No problemo with ASUS. Ever. I reccomend this company over most other brands.

I like their boards. Very stable and reliable. But I haven't had any of their bleeding edge new products.

See, that's the spirit I had before! :thumbup

but I guess i would not know any other brand to turn to. Except MSI :unsure:

but I guess i would not know any other brand to turn to. Except MSI :unsure:

Look at reviews and complaints like this. See how common they are.

Have you tried the DFI brand? They make the lanparty boards. Supposedly they're real nice. Not sure about dependability.

Just bad luck it seems, could you not get a other VGA card? Sometimes the distributor can exchange a refund the card so you could get a other/better one, just ask your computer shop owner.

lately I like the products from Foxconn, they are not expensive and work well, just less tweakfeatures...

For my next computer I will go with a MSI motherboard.

I have a Gf 4 Ti 4400 MSI for over 5 years and it's still working great. The fan a bit burned prooly because my crappy case that I got a few years back til 2 years ago and yet it still functions perfectly.

Also I heard a lot of good things about XFX as well. Me personaly I would go with a MSI Mobo, MSI/Leadtek/XFX videocard, Corsair Ram (bit expensive), WD or Seagate HDD.

I never heard something bad about the above.

But I do keep hearing people complaining about Asus products when I go visit websites retailers such as Newegg and Tigerdirect.

i never found any problem with ASUS products,i can get quick replacement of any damaged product. they have wide service network in india. dont know abt situation there. but you cant say they are bad. their selling and popularity says everything. ppl are not so stupid tht are buying ASUS products.

I find ASUS boards nothing short of excellent in almost all manners. They're usually very well laid out, and have great reliabiliy in my experiences. My home workstation is still running after 8 years on an ASUS CUV4X. :thumbup

ive had problems with asus's motherboards randomly dying but i always brushed it off as something that was my fault, my last asus board (a a8n-sli) just died randomly when i took out my dvd drive. ive always been loyal to asus (except for the one time my dad bought me an MSI board off of ebay that was a POS) but i just got a brand new dfi lan party ultra-d (at the recommendation of several members here) and im having problems with it too now, i think it maybe be the memory isnt compatible