q05h q011y

gosh

hey this is gosh...again...i used to post to this site a long time ago...i was wondering: where is the greatest need now? What kind of things would people like to see? I'm thinking of making my own website but that'll take awhile.

-gosh

• 2 weeks later...

The Greatest Need?

Well, Gosh ... I think the greatest need is to spark some life back into these forum members. Things got boring. There seem to be too many sheep and not enough shepards. The days of members delving and disecting seem to be long gone.

My greatest need, though I have not spent much time on it yet, is to figure out how to make a Type I Hotfix. Basicaly a packed cab with the small self-extracting module tacked on. Specifically, it is for re-packing the IE7 installation (which is simply a Type I Hotfix) with the latest updates included. The reason for this is that I install IE7 from SVCPACK.INF during the installation, but cannot install the updates until after the reboot, as IE7 does not replace IE6 until that point.

So, Old Chap, there is a request! Or, we could just call eachother names for old times sake ...

WOW! Gosh comes back and then GreenMachine shows up and throws him a bone.

What next?

Maybe the one known as kidd0 will return. :P

But GreenMachine is absolutely right. MSFN has become less interesting (post-wise) over the last few months, IMO. What used to take me about an hour to go through usually only takes me a few minutes. There are too many new threads being created that in which questions have already been answered in previous ones. Maybe a new project will do this forum some good (not that the current ones aren't exciting or useful). :)

WOW! Gosh comes back and then GreenMachine shows up and throws him a bone.

What next?

Maybe the one known as kidd0 will return. :P

But GreenMachine is absolutely right. MSFN has become less interesting (post-wise) over the last few months, IMO. What used to take me about an hour to go through usually only takes me a few minutes. There are too many new threads being created that in which questions have already been answered in previous ones. Maybe a new project will do this forum some good (not that the current ones aren't exciting or useful). :)

What is a patron?

Kidd0 seems to ahve caused all kinds of trouble in 2003. What was that kids issue?

A Patron is a long-time, respected MSFN member who has contributed significantly to the community.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

What about Kidd0. I know he caused no end of issues with Ddos attacks on various tech communities in 2003. What was his problem?

What about Kidd0. I know he caused no end of issues with Ddos attacks on various tech communities in 2003. What was his problem?
I can't find him in our member roster to view old activity/posts. Is that nick correct?

I can't find him in our member roster to view old activity/posts. Is that nick correct?

http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/lofivers....php/t7192.html

Your site is mentioned there too. His real name was Kenny Pollock. I think the lads at Neowin traced him and got all the info they could on him, including his mothers name, his address, his picture etc.

I just dont know what was up with him, why and how did he do these things?

xper deleted his user account(s). He goes by Kenny Pollock (his real name) on all boards now (including this one). He's matured.... A LOT. I still talk to him from time to time.

Sorry I brought up his name... MOVING ON...

I too stopped coming here gosh, things got boring and as stated all the same questions which were answered before got buried in the past 30-90 days old filing system. I would browse around as a guest and just hang my head and think where are the "good ol' days". Glad to see you are "back" maybe some life will be re-kindled here. I have removed myself from the PE world over the last few years, but who knows maybe it will be interesting again. I think MS "dumbing down" WinPE has removed a bit of its luster...

Welcome back gosh!

A lot of old-timers are coming back I see

Some old non-tech mysteries on this board are still unsolved though :lol: (never mind, just kidding...)

Presently trying to work out a bullet-proof,reliable way on vista uA to run install files directly from dvd (instead of needing to copy over to hdd) (did not want to edit the WIM on dvd either).

Also need to prevent o2k7 from creating its MSOCACHE (uptil o2k3, this was just a setup property like CDCACHE=0 LINK).

Edited by prathapml