Device manager software

ButchN

I hope this is in the correct forum.

Long story short I was doing a utility search & saw one that would show you exactly what those unknown devices were in your device manager so you would know what drivers to get to make them known devices.

Stupid me didn't download it right then as I was "on a mission" for something else. I lost the link & cannot remember the program name.

Has anyone here ever heard of a utility like this & if so, know where to get it?

I have 2 unknown devices in my device manager & I cannot figure out what they are so I do not know what software drivers to get for them.

Thanks.

http://www.halfdone.com/Development/UnknownDevices/

UnknownDevices - (Stable v1.2, Beta v1.4.18)

www.driveragent.com

This site can scan you computer for windows drivers. It checks whether you have a driver or not and if it's up to date. It's not free ($30/year for all your computers) but it does work. You can try it out to see if it can find your drivers before signing up. I signed up since I needed to find WinXP drivers for a laptop that only came with Vista drivers.

Hope this info helps,

SomeoneElse

You can always take the Hardware ID in DM for the Unknown and paste it on Google.
I did that & still did not know what driver to get, maybe you will have better luck.

Here's all the instances:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B7103C&REV_A3

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B7103C

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B4000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B40

It's a coprocessor unknown device.

BTW people, I have explored all the links you all gave, great, but they weren't what I saw.

On the SIW link, I already have that ultility, it's an awesome tool.

try looking up the UBCD, (ultimate boot cd for windows) it has a ton of very useful applications! and it also has a device utility that identifies all your hardware...

it may be a little difficult to get everything right in creating the disk, but if you follow the instructions (i'm giving you a link that has the download and instructions) that is on the webpage, it should be no problem!

useful for way more then identifying hardware!

even if you're not really intersted, you should look it up just to see all it's functions!

www.ubcd4win.com

just hit downloads, select it, and pick a mirror site to download, follow the instructions on creating the boot built cd and do whatever you like with it!

you don't even have to boot off it, just insert it in your drive, and it should show up (your start button will look a little different, that's where you run it from)

select your tool you want and use it,

if you need help, you could google it, or for tutorials!

Edited by techywiz2007