NVidia drivers 82.69

Tihiy

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

:unsure:Anyone out there tried the 82.69 drivers with a 8800 series?

:blink: Anyone?

:wacko: One?

Okay,

So far the following post-81.98 nVidia GPUs (>6800) have been reported to work:

GeForce 7300GT PCIe

GeForce 7600GS PCIe

GeForce 7600GT AGP

GeForce 7600GT PCIe

GeForce 7800GS AGP

and...

That's all folks!

Has anyone else got another 7 or 8 series nVidia GPU working with 82.69?

* PCIe support depends on chipset manufacture driver support and availibility for Windows 98SE

EDIT: Added some more reported cards! :)

Edited by RetroOS

• 3 weeks later...

Hehe,

I sometimes had put my fingers into fire (or s***?) when bought new hardware with unknown compatability :D

So I learned to be patient and take a wisdoms from others failures. I'd like to bought GF8600 but I find anybody

who has tested 8xxx card. I only knew about 7300 so I hoped 7600 would be very similar and luckily it works.

So go ahead, thrash your money for 8800 and tell us :thumbup

I only knew about 7300 so I hoped 7600 would be very similar and luckily it works.

Did it install using 82.69 without you having to change the inf file? Any issues with this driver and the 7600?

• 2 months later...

If anyone has anymore updated win9x drivers , please post them. Because the 82.69 installs fine, but 2 problems arose.

Impossible to play videos, freezes my computer when trying to play videos, picture doesnt show. This same problem comes up with other drivers as well. Only driver that plays video perfectly with this card is the 81.68.

Also, on my card which is the BFG Geforce 6200 OC 256MB PCI card, i have a temp check in the control panel, when installing the beta 82.69 drivers, the temp check isn't there

So really the best drivers for win9x geforce is the 81.68. But if someone has more drivers, please post them so we can test them, thanks :)

Yea i heard this card only supports one driver which is the 81.98. Good card believe me, but it has driver problems, but the 81.98 gets the job done :)

Thanks anyway , but as i said if anyone can update more drivers for win9x, please do so. I would love to try out some more :)

It's not a matter of having newer drivers...

nVidia have the source code and they have ceased releasing new drivers for 9x.

(Just imagine if they released the 9x source code to the public domain... As if...)

81.98 was the last official release.

The 82.69 drivers were a leaked beta release that nVidia never released officially.

They are the very last 9x drivers ever to be seen from nVidia...

Contributors have made some Installer and INF customisations, but the driver files remain as they were 'leaked' from nVidia.

That's all folks!

I will however say that I have not had a single problem, only improvements, using 82.69 and a nVidia GeForce FX5200 AGP card.

Having said that, YMMV depending of the model of card...

What about with ATI, did someone make a update for win9x dealing with ATI?

The last ati driver is 6.2

I am not aware of any newer 9x drivers for ATI cards.

Radeon 9800 series is the last that works with 6.2.

So... nVidia cards are a better option for 9x since the 82.69 unofficial customised drivers support up to series 7 and probably series 8 cards.

Still no reports of GeForce 8000 results with 82.69...

Well those 82.69 would be nice if there was a updated PCI 7 or 8 series card. I think the last PCI card is the card which i own now, which is the Geforce 6200 OC 256MB PCI....... Unless i am able to find the Sparkle 7800 GT or 8500 GT which are like impossible to find for PCI online and offline.

I am happy with the Geforce 6200 tho. :)

I have a pretty old videocard: MSI GeForce4 Ti4200 VTD8X 128MB (advertised as AGP8x although some tools show it as only working at 4x maximum), with BIOS: 4.28.20.05.11. Currently I am using the latest available driver for this card type from MSI, which is 45.32, on an AGP 2x mobo Soyo SY-6VCM 133. All other later generic drivers from nVidia that I've tried, would just kill Direct3D - tests in DirectX would all fail for Direct3D and obviously applications using Direct3D would fail too.

I have also tried the above drivers and the behavior is just the same. I wonder, would there be anything to do in this case? Any mod of a later driver possible?