NVidia drivers 82.69

Tihiy

Btw, I forgot to add, the last driver is not 81.69, its actually 82.16, which i am using now. It shipped with my BFG Geforce 6200 Card. If anyone wants the file, let me know and i will RAR or zip it up for you!

Edited by u2kforever

Radeon 9800 series is the last that works with 6.2.

The last cards that works officially with Catalyst 6.2 are Radeon X850 series. :hello:

Hi Xeno86, you are of course correct!

Catalyst 6.2 drivers fully supported up to Radeon 9800 but also added Beta support for Radeon X300, X550, X600, X800, and X850.

I have not had any reports of anyone actually using 9x with a Radeon X-series card...

That brings me to the next point: If 6.2 drivers have support, however good or not, for Radeon X-series, then could the Installer/INFs be adapted to test with Radeon X1000 series cards?

Btw, I forgot to add, the last driver is not 81.69, its actually 82.16, which i am using now. It shipped with my BFG Geforce 6200 Card. If anyone wants the file, let me know and i will RAR or zip it up for you!

I knew of a 82.12 nVidia driver released for Windows XP, but not the 82.16 9x ones!

That would explain the 10 month gap between 81.98 last officially posted drivers and the leaked beta release of 82.69.

It looks like 82.16 9x drivers were never posted, only released to OEMs...

It's interesting to note, that by September 2006 when the 82.69 9x drivers were built, that the last 91 series (91.47) driver for Windows 2000/XP were released just before the 92 series came out...

It's like nVidia took the last source code they had for 9x, built the drivers, and 'leaked' the files...

Or maybe they were a final request from a video card manufacturer...

If someone actually has 82.69 9x drivers on a drivers CD with a video card, then the last point would be proven.

It would be good to compare the 82.16 and 82.69 drivers and also to give 82.16 as another option for some cards that might have problems with 82.69...

Thanks for posting the direct link. Btw, you know these drivers work great. The 82.69 drivers may work great too, but i have major video/avi problems so i cant use them.

EDIT:

Btw where did you find that driver, do they have a driver archive or something?

Because i go to site and it takes me to another page?

Edited by u2kforever

Btw where did you find that driver, do they have a driver archive or something?

Because i go to site and it takes me to another page?

Go to this page: http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgr78256gsoc.aspx

Select the Support tab, and there is a Windows 9x driver link.

It's the only one on the entire site! I found it just after you posted your upload.

This one is for the 7800 GS OC 256MB AGP, but even other BFG AGP cards do not have this link!

BTW, see this older topic for some discussion about 82.16 drivers:

http://www.msfn.org/board/Nvidia-Driver-Wi...8SE-t87082.html

Edited by RetroOS

There are 3 games which i cant play using this drivers, which i think i should be able to play. So i'm going to download the WHQl 81.89 drivers again and see can i play those games, if i can play them, well the 82 drivers doesn't work using the Geforce 6200 OC card.

Radeon 9800 series is the last that works with 6.2.

So... nVidia cards are a better option

Let's not forget the X-versions (X550, X600). Performance of those are adequate for most 3D tasks (except latest games of course). Doesn't R420 work (X700, X800)? It has been mentioned inside the INF.

Those 3 games which i couldn't play before using the 82.16, i can play with ease without any problems going back to the 81.89 drivers.

So i guess with this card, the 81.89 works perfect, while the 82.16 is clearly meant for the 7 series or whatever.

:)

That brings me to the next point: If 6.2 drivers have support, however good or not, for Radeon X-series, then could the Installer/INFs be adapted to test with Radeon X1000 series cards?

Let's not forget the X-versions (X550, X600). Performance of those are adequate for most 3D tasks (except latest games of course). Doesn't R420 work (X700, X800)? It has been mentioned inside the INF.

If someone modified the 6.2 ATI drivers install INF with the X1000 series PCI IDs then they could be tested with these video cards...

I guess the easiest way of getting that list of IDs, would be from the latest XP drivers INFs...

I'll take a look some time...

I guess X1050 should work as it's the same RV370. ATI has made a mess with the model names (different for PCI-E and AGP, RV370 released several times under different names).

Edited by j7n

i have AGP X850 XT from palit

i am using driver version 5.2 because fastests & earlyest 4 x850 (have some bugs, but probably game bug not vga driver bug (because while driving the car in game never crashes))

i am playing "Live for Speed" F1 car, but must turn some options off to have fluid picture @ 1920 × 1440 4:3

at last this vga card works propertly on win 98

would be also glad if some1 gets a solution 4 a faster AGP card like "X1650" or "HD 3850(especially this 1 :wacko::thumbup )" or any else faster then "X850"

@ moment i am forced to search 4 any NVIDIA 7xxx AGP card (because no ati drivers)

Is anyone else having trouble playing videos with the 82.69 driver?

I just finish installing it correctly, love the new features, overclocking features, extra graphic options, etc. But i cant watch videos in any media player, it takes a long time for it to load up, and when it does load up, i can hear it, but cant see it.

Can someone fix it, if possible?

!!!!!!!!!!!EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, i fixed the problem, had to install DirectX9C again and i had to turn on Vsync, and WOW Videos/Movies looks better then ever, like a million times better then the 81.89 drivers, the 82.89 seems to be working perfect on my Geforce 6200 OC card and once again i am loving the new features :)

Thanks for the drivers :)

Edited by u2kforever

Sorry for triple posting lol, but just a update and a question.

Update: I went back to the 81.98 drivers, because the 82.69 just wasn't doing it. The video picture was more clear then the 81.98 but i had to do this and that to get it to work, plus the 82.69 drivers when playing games are horrible on this card, some games won't even load. I think the drivers may work fine, if i had a different card, but with the 6200 bfg its very bad.

Question: Who made the 82.69 and for the person who made it, is the person or could he make a new driver in the future, you know keep win9x users up to date?

Question: One thing which i like about the 82.69 , there was some extra features in the control panel, i was wondering could i only just install the control panel part and use it with the 81.98 drivers?

Kinda like with ATI, you can install the control panel separate if you wanted too.

Thanks!