Nero Lite/Micro 7.8.5.0

Major

@ Major, I hope you are prepared to make a dutch micro version of 7.9.6.0 :unsure:

Is it hard to learn to make a micro version by myself??

I am willing to learn the job :rolleyes:

Can you tell me the steps you take to make the micro Major?

MY email is jordi_claeys[at]hotmail.com

Beste Wishes,

Jordi

Edited by jordi.c

@Shark007

Thank you very much for the link, i did not know that a new version is out.

@jordi.c

I am not good in explaining, you have only to copy the files which Acheron has put in the script install from SDK.

You take the nerolite.iss and see the files required, you install your version of nero and copy the files you have seen before to the corresponding directories, finally compile the script.

If you have any question, don´t doubt to ask.

Best Regards.

Edited by Major

hey major. After a while using your version, its really good and stable

however, only one problem is, when im trying to burn video cd, after i drag or add video files into video windows (i used new complition wizard), the program automatically quit, both nero and nero express.

i don't know if it does concern with your work, but did you any chance left out some encode/decode package when compile nero lite? i reckon nero lite need codec when take video in and burn it to video cd.

Look forward for your reply.

yours sincerely,

@Braese

Don't worry about the serial problem. If you made your installer using Acheron's files, then this is a known problem. It

ALWAYS happens. Not your fault. ;)

@razor813

That sounds more like a registry problem to me... not caused by Nero Micro/Lite. Try cleaning your registry with CCleaner. After that, restart the pc and try it again. Let me know how it goes.

@Major

Still haven't gotten to testing Nero 6 yet. Been busy finishing my monthly 'updated' XP cd...

Kinda ironic, though. We're testing Nero 6, and they're prolly gonna release Nero 8 pretty soon. :D

Edited by RaGhul

@Braese

Don't worry about the serial problem. If you made your installer using Acheron's files, then this is a known problem. It

ALWAYS happens. Not your fault. ;)

Ok, thank you for the Info! I made it with the 7.8 SDK from Acheron!

Ok so this morning Im playing around with Acherons SDK and grabbed the trial for 7.9.6.0..

Now after all this searching and hunting around here at MSFN, there is still no CLEAR method of how to do this.

im trying to make myself a 7.9.6.0 Micro version..

Now if I go by what Major said previously,

1. I install the new version downloaded from Ahead's site, in this case the 7.9.6.0 trial.

2. Now using the file list/iss file, I have to manually copy all of the files that were just installed into a seperate \Bin directory inside my SDK directory??

3. Run the script and create the package..

This second step is where Im stuck. I keep running the Micro script and it keeps telling me that files in \Nero SDK\Bin arent there so Im assuming theres some manual labor involved but noone has quite made this clear on the forums yet..

Now one last one, is there anyway to just extract the .exe from Ahead's site?? Tried opening it with WinZip and WinRAR but no go..

Also searched through my Temp dirs hoping it would be laid out perfectly but nope not happeining there either..

Just wondering if theres an easy way to do it without installing the update on top of my current one, then uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling to make sure it works..

Edit: Well on second thought I may have to wait for Major anyways.. Trying to install either the Trial or the 200+ MB update just to get to the files, keeps giving me an error during 'Validating Install' that it cant open the File Association Manager.. Not sure if I should uninstall my 5.8 version yet or not.. Seen this problem on other forums, but they recommended to uncheck the file association parts of the installer which at least over here, are not an option.. Just went to the Custom Install screen then started validating and failed.. No place to tell it not to associate files or whatnot..

Edited by slavestate

The Ner 7.9... executable automatically extracts all files to a temp folder within your system Temp folder-usually %systemroot%\Temp\nero's temp folder; I forget the name Nero gives this folder, but it has "temp" in it, sans quotes. What I did was right at the dialogue asking you about the Ask searchbar, open up Windows Explorer, navigate to your Temp folder, copy the Nero created temp folder to another location on your HDD and, then, cancel the install. Rename the copied Nero temp folder to Nero-7.9.6.0_eng, and voila! I have no idea why WinRAR will not extract this; I have WinRAR myself and encountered the same problem.

@slavestate

This second step is where Im stuck. I keep running the Micro script and it keeps telling me that files in \Nero SDK\Bin arent there so Im assuming theres some manual labor involved but noone has quite made this clear on the forums yet..

You have to create the directory BIN and include all the files which request the script. In the script, you must look for SOURCE, it means you have to create all the directories follwing the word SOURCE, and then include all the files required.

@razor813

I will test to burn a video cd. i have not ever done it before.

Released the new version Nero 7 Micro English 7.9.6.0 beta in a new thread, when some users tell me that the installation has gone well i will upload all the localized versions Lite/Micro.

Best Regards.

Edited by Major

Major and Rick Steele thanks for the tips! Ill try again today!

I actually did think to grab the temp folder yesterday but it seemed like none of the files called by the script were there..

It was all CAB files but Ill give it a double check I dont think I deleted it!