Debby does nLite

debby

Kel,

"Now that was really sexist and kinda uncalled for."

Not to worry; It's all in good fun, and I've put up with much worse playing paintball. :thumbup

ArcticRider,

"I dpn't know what to tell you. If you were my woman, I'd tell you to use the oven and make me some cookies! much easier then the computer. "

If I were your woman, I'd poison the cookies, bury your carcass in the garden, raise some vegetables (something smarter than you), and find a real man. :ph34r:

Kel,

"@ Debbie I am really sorry iso recorder did not work for you. I have never ran into a drive it wasn't compatable with."

I'm using an HP laptop w/ an external USB burner, xp tablet pc edition 2005, ver. 2002, sp2. It is the quicker of the two laptops, but my old Dell has a built-in burner, if that would make a difference.

bledd,

"just follow my past two posts, really easy and straight forward steps "

I did just that: I downloaded the RAID stuff, created the nLite file, downloaded SP2, pointed at it...

Did you supply these in the wrong order, in that I should have done the the SP2 stuff first?

Also, in your second post, you write: "select "Service Pack integration", and Create ISO, " and then 2 lines later you write: "don't create iso yet, leave nlite open for a bit".

What's a girl to think? :unsure:

Debby

Here's a thought: Since I know I can get access to the RAID HDs (via starting up with an ATA with XP on it and clicking "My Computer"), can I place (somehow) XP directly in them by copying from the nLite CD?

When I last tried to access them using the nLite disc as an OS, everything looked normal, but the only choice I had for the install destination was C: (that's the ATA, while the Mirror set-up is F:).

For example, since I can take the contents of the OS disc, plus other drivers and who knows what else, and create an unattended install disc (on a whole other computer) that will understand to put all that stuff onto the F: drives (in theory, anyway), is there a way to take the same info and place it straight onto the F: discs from the C: drive on the same machine? Perhaps copy the disc contents onto F:, disconnect C: and have it find it's own way? :blink:

Or am I dreaming? :}

Thanks,

Debby

I do these installations a lot, I am not sure whether this was already mentioned in one of the many posts but the regular Microsoft method is:

-You need to have your driver files (from the floppy) in CD\$oem$\Textmode

-You need to have something like the following statements in your unattended file (CD\i386\WinNT.sif):

[MassStorageDrivers]

"Marvell 61xx SATA Controller Windows 32bit Driver" = OEM

[OEMBootFiles]

mv61xx

mv61xx.cat

mv61xx.inf

mv61xx.sys

mvnodrv.inf

Txtsetup.oem

-The entry under [Defaults] in txtsetup.oem should point to the correct configuration

-Make sure the file locations in txtsetup.oem are correct (watch out for subfolders on the floppy)

The details for your system are different. I do not know how nlite integrates this. This is not a normal driver integration.

If you think this is the way to go I might give a little more detail for your system.

Yay Us!! :thumbup

I followed bledd's advice meticulously, plus included the MSI drivers direct from their site, and it worked! :yes:

I'm FAT, 32, and happy! :w00t:

Wait, that's not right: I'm NTFS, and happy!

Thank you to everyone who took the time to advise me on this, and especially bledd, for the winning combination. :wub:

I'll start getting some work done, and check back in a week to see about removing some of the dead weight (wait a minute, I already got rid of him).

Hugs to all!

Debby :angel

@ Debby: We have an edit button to edit your posts, its much better than always posting a new reply. Try to avoid to post a new reply every time you have something new, just edit your previous post. (I merged your posts).

@ ArcticRider: If you have nothing normal to say, stay away from this place then. man and women are equal here. You can consider this as a warning.

Can you imagine how much fun a sociologist would have deconstructing this topic? :-P

@Debby: Keep on hacking, girl! Question: You have a choice of getting ONE gift, either a very expensive piece of jewelery (diamonds, of course), or a equivalently expensive huge-screen HDTV set. What would you choose?

Martin L,

"@ Debby: We have an edit button to edit your posts, its much better than always posting a new reply. Try to avoid to post a new reply every time you have something new, just edit your previous post. (I merged your posts)."

I apologize; I didn't realize it was a problem. As for ArcticRider, don't worry about him: I poisoned his cookies. :sneaky:

Pistolero,

"Question: You have a choice of getting ONE gift, either a very expensive piece of jewelery (diamonds, of course), or a equivalently expensive huge-screen HDTV set. What would you choose?"

Duh! The diamonds, of course. They'll have a higher resale value, so I could buy a Ducati 600 Monster Dark (w/ a seat lowering kit, because I'm inseam challenged). :thumbup I had a Moto Guzzi V65 SP, but with the fairing and all, it was just too heavy. Sold that about 2 years ago.

If there's any money left over, I might look into paintball again. I haven't played in several years because I've got an older pump gun, and I can't compete against the hosers with their $2,000, 15 round-per-second, electric trigger guns. :angry:

Did you ask because you're thinking of getting me something? :blushing::lol:

What an amusing thread!

@Martin L

I come here everyday and I can't tell you how much it pleases me to see a woman in this circle using nLite, talking about RAID/SATA drivers in Textmode and stuff.

Not that women are anything less than we are when it comes to PC business but unfortunately we don't get to see them here too often because they seem to prefer baking some cookies to their husbands/boyfriends rather than installing Win XP again.

Therefore, if you look at this as an isolated event and if you ask me my opinion I say that ArcticRider's approach was very direct but not nasty and meaning no arm to debby.

You're the Mod and you know your users better than I do but I just don't see the reason for heating up with Arctic ;).

Besides, she handled it perfectly :).

@debby

Way to go girl :D.

Time to get rid of that SP1 and move on to SP2 with a couple of addons, huh? :P

Peace

This thread is quite embarrassing for me as an male/human. Starting with a post from Debbie using words as first time and virgin as a lure for all you suckers (and then jumping on ArcticRider when he is only following the initiated path)... pffft, suckers.

Martin L,

"@ Debby: We have an edit button to edit your posts, its much better than always posting a new reply. Try to avoid to post a new reply every time you have something new, just edit your previous post. (I merged your posts)."

I apologize; I didn't realize it was a problem. As for ArcticRider, don't worry about him: I poisoned his cookies. :sneaky:

Pistolero,

"Question: You have a choice of getting ONE gift, either a very expensive piece of jewelery (diamonds, of course), or a equivalently expensive huge-screen HDTV set. What would you choose?"

Duh! The diamonds, of course. They'll have a higher resale value, so I could buy a Ducati 600 Monster Dark (w/ a seat lowering kit, because I'm inseam challenged). :thumbup I had a Moto Guzzi V65 SP, but with the fairing and all, it was just too heavy. Sold that about 2 years ago.

If there's any money left over, I might look into paintball again. I haven't played in several years because I've got an older pump gun, and I can't compete against the hosers with their $2,000, 15 round-per-second, electric trigger guns. :angry:

Did you ask because you're thinking of getting me something? :blushing::lol:

...not fun at all.

The talk about 'resale value' for a gift and choosing the diamonds really puts me off...

Stay on the bike girl, or do the 'girliething'...but act accordingly.

Thread initiated with words like 'virgin' 'first time'..coupled with 'biker chick aspirations' and 'resale value' for gifts....sign of the times I guess, but very embarrassing none the less.

Clint,

"This thread is quite embarrassing for me as an male/human. Starting with a post from Debbie using words as first time and virgin as a lure for all you suckers (and then jumping on ArcticRider when he is only following the initiated path)... pffft, suckers. "

You should have put a "blushing" emoticon :blushing: after your "embarrassing" line; it would draw more attention to it. You see, Clint, that's how advertizing works: You add a zing to an otherwise ordinary thing. Kind of like what I did with my original post.

I needed help with my computer, and with 9,000 nLite topics to choose from, I wanted to make sure that people saw mine.

I even apologized in my original post for using the provocative language, and explained that it was for the zing factor.

And while it may embarrass you as a man/human that all these "suckers" fell for the topic, YOU took the time to read through it as well. See how well advertizing works? :thumbup

As for ArcticRider, I think that his comments were funny and in the spirit of the game. I responded to them in that vain. Others thought he was out of line, but I was perfectly OK with it.

Clint,

"...not fun at all.

The talk about 'resale value' for a gift and choosing the diamonds really puts me off..."

Well, Clint, I got a huge pile of steaming cow pies for you. It's a gift. You must cherish it always, because it's a gift. Hopefully this illustrates the valuable lesson: Not all things are worth the same to all people.

When I give a gift, it's to bestow upon someone something that they want, not something I want for them, because they may not value it as I do. If it's something they want, I know they'll value it.

In the Diamonds vs. Big Screen, choice, I don't really want either. I want a Monster Dark. If stuck with either the diamonds or big screen, I suppose I'd take the TV: At least it has some utility value.

As for putting you off, I guess you'd better find a girl (or guy, depending on your preference) who has exactly the same taste in things as you, lest you be disapointed with their disapointment.

"Stay on the bike girl, or do the 'girliething'...but act accordingly.

Thread initiated with words like 'virgin' 'first time'..coupled with 'biker chick aspirations' and 'resale value' for gifts....sign of the times I guess, but very embarrassing none the less."

Because I can't be feminine and ride a motorcycle? Perhaps you should step into the modern era, Clint: These days, both women and men get to be what they want. You and I can both be feminine bikers, or macho construction workers, or manly accountants, or prissy chefs. Pretty much, the rules are ours to make up. Join me here: It's a good place to be.

And a heck of a lot better than "act accordingly". :thumbup

Clint,

"This thread is quite embarrassing for me as an male/human. Starting with a post from Debbie using words as first time and virgin as a lure for all you suckers (and then jumping on ArcticRider when he is only following the initiated path)... pffft, suckers. "

You should have put a "blushing" emoticon :blushing: after your "embarrassing" line; it would draw more attention to it. You see, Clint, that's how advertizing works: You add a zing to an otherwise ordinary thing. Kind of like what I did with my original post.

I needed help with my computer, and with 9,000 nLite topics to choose from, I wanted to make sure that people saw mine.

I even apologized in my original post for using the provocative language, and explained that it was for the zing factor.

And while it may embarrass you as a man/human that all these "suckers" fell for the topic, YOU took the time to read through it as well. See how well advertizing works? :thumbup

As for ArcticRider, I think that his comments were funny and in the spirit of the game. I responded to them in that vain. Others thought he was out of line, but I was perfectly OK with it.

Clint,

"...not fun at all.

The talk about 'resale value' for a gift and choosing the diamonds really puts me off..."

Well, Clint, I got a huge pile of steaming cow pies for you. It's a gift. You must cherish it always, because it's a gift. Hopefully this illustrates the valuable lesson: Not all things are worth the same to all people.

When I give a gift, it's to bestow upon someone something that they want, not something I want for them, because they may not value it as I do. If it's something they want, I know they'll value it.

In the Diamonds vs. Big Screen, choice, I don't really want either. I want a Monster Dark. If stuck with either the diamonds or big screen, I suppose I'd take the TV: At least it has some utility value.

As for putting you off, I guess you'd better find a girl (or guy, depending on your preference) who has exactly the same taste in things as you, lest you be disapointed with their disapointment.

"Stay on the bike girl, or do the 'girliething'...but act accordingly.

Thread initiated with words like 'virgin' 'first time'..coupled with 'biker chick aspirations' and 'resale value' for gifts....sign of the times I guess, but very embarrassing none the less."

Because I can't be feminine and ride a motorcycle? Perhaps you should step into the modern era, Clint: These days, both women and men get to be what they want. You and I can both be feminine bikers, or macho construction workers, or manly accountants, or prissy chefs. Pretty much, the rules are ours to make up. Join me here: It's a good place to be.

And a heck of a lot better than "act accordingly". :thumbup

I'm glad you consider ArcticRiders post in the spirit of the game, kinda got me started that he got bashed even though you also were 'playing the sexy tune' for attention.

I still can't cope with the fact that you use the classic baits as 'virgin' 'first time' ...and then discussing on resale value on gifts...something about it that I'm having a hard time digesting.

But hey, I'm old (42) and prolly out of fasion. ;)