Sound Question

Nerwin

So it dont really matter or does it?

Well, it's exactly the same as if you had your speakers setup right, but had your back facing them. My guess is, you're still going to enjoy music as much. The only problem I could really see is if you're playing some game, and say, you're getting shot from one side and hearing it coming from the other, then that might be confusing (you turn the wrong way and get fragged).

As for the left ear thing, I've never heard of that before. I don't know if that's true (I'd like to see evidence backing that up). But I've designed a few dozens of different amps over the years, and I've repaired many, MANY more (not just audio amps, but amps integrated into other electronics of all types). And I've NEVER, EVER seen one with a different design for both channels or such that would result in sound being louder on one. Volume should be the same on both sides.

I've noticed that when listening to music with the headphones in reverse, I hear more of the music that I missed with the headphones in the right way around. It's the same for a desktop setup. To me anyway.

Human left ear is more sensitive than its counterpart, therefore the volume on the right channel is a bit louder. Not that we can tell though...

So that's why I hear more in my right ear... I've been wondering if I had ear problems for like the past six months... This answers my question. :)

welll...i'll try to shed light on some of this...yes, your ears are actually not equally sensitive, BUT, part of the reason you'll get a different sense when you reverse a headset is because Bass is only carried on one channel, bass boost will make it seem louder on both channels, but in essence, bass is a left channel sound...thats what it ultimately gets down to.

in all headsets, the left side is prone to die before the right side, but thats only because of how they're made. i don't know of any better way to explain it...since your left ear is slightly [but not by much] more sensitive than your right ear, unless you are able to ignore certain sounds to really listen to something, you'll hear the increased treble and whatnot...i can't verify that this works, but if you listen to Cemetary Drive By by My Chemical Romance with your headset switched around, you might here whispering in the background, in most surround sound systems it should come out the surround speakers, but it depends on the system.