Vistapack, 1.6.0 Released

damian666

Results of testing:

error msgbox when accessing "settings" cpl:
---------------------------
Vistapack 2000 beta Settings.exe - Unable To Locate DLL
The dynamic link library mscoree.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\WINNT\Vistapack 2000 beta;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem.
OK

mouse pointer scheme stayed "vista"
mouse pointer scheme not removed with uninstall
themes cpl renamed (wrong lang)
system cpl wrong lang (see attachment)
changelog reads wrong versin (update not included in changelog)
settings cpl not removed with uninstall
oeminfo.ini, oemlogo.bmp not removed with uninstall

The rest of my results probably are of no consequence as my testbed's video (i810 integrated) maxed at 24-bit.

Great job so far!

vistapack_errors.zip

@ nate klomp

thanx for testing man.

first, te settings error is because it needs net2 to work, so if you install dotnetfx2 it will be ok.

for the rest, my bad...

will look in to it and again thanx for the bug report man.

damian666

Hi!

The Vistapack 2000 1.3.8 installs alpha transparency for icons ("shadows" behind the icons), doesn't it?

Well, now that I've installed it, the computer bugs when i use a 32bits display (explorer.exe bugs and shuts down every 20 seconds). It looks like the alpha transparency is in conflict with my system (Win2000 Pro NT with SP4, Intel PIII). I uninstalled the pack, but still there is alpha transparency, and the bugs are even worse :blink: . How can I remove it? Where is it installed? I need your help! :wacko:

Thank you in advance,

coolrom

Edited by coolrom

Hi!

The Vistapack 2000 1.3.8 installs alpha transparency for icons ("shadows" behind the icons), doesn't it?

Well, now that I've installed it, the computer bugs when i use a 32bits display (explorer.exe bugs and shuts down every 20 seconds). It looks like the alpha transparency is in conflict with my system (Win2000 Pro NT with SP4, Intel PIII). I uninstalled the pack, but still there is alpha transparency, and the bugs are even worse :blink: . How can I remove it? Where is it installed? I need your help! :wacko:

Thank you in advance,

coolrom

regsvr32 /u rpl2k.dll

It says: "rpl2k.dll was loaded, but the DllUnregisterServer entry point was not found. DllUnregisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of rpl2k.dll may be in memory."

At least, now i know which file it is :hello:

I'll get rid of it in safe mode.

Edit: Thank you, I could delete it with Hijackthis and my system is now ok. :)

Edited by coolrom

hi coolrom, well thats a strange error...

i have never seen that one.

it is a bug of tihiy's fix or your pc just dont display it right.

i see you got it uninstalled.

it is also in installed programs under revolutions pack.

it would be uninstallable from there.

good luck and sorry man

damian666

Hmm Damian666, what do you think:

Should i add a native W2K installation for (our) purposes or using Virtual PC? Read my Sysprofile for suggest!

Actually i prefer to virtualize cause Vista clutters if rebooted - if this cannot be solved not only WinNT5/2K is seldom used also Linux will not :o

Edited by ChrisKuhli

• 2 weeks later...

well, to be honest... beats me man.

just do what is best in your opinion.

for the rest out there, the pack will go further under a new name.

what name? i dont know yet!

this is because i have added win XP support in the pack so we can install on that too!

you will see next week!

damian666

I have tried out v1.3.8 for fun and have some comments. Don't know if they are useful...

1) The Vista Pack 2000 Settings panel (XPize Settings panel) requires .NET 2.0; you should mention that.

2) Settings in XPize Settings panel don't stick (even after checking the box to the left of the setting I want to change and checking "Load on startup" under the Misc tab). What I change here (on every reboot, for now) is the transparency of the text on desktop icons.

3) The entire Windows Taskbar has the Windows 2000 style. After some searching, I found something to enable skinning in the TClock3 Properties panel (last tab), but that only gives me icons on a black background and there is no Start Menu icon; I see that it gives me the option to skin it with backgrounds myself but where do I find these?

4) [bug?] Changing the "Show icons using all possible colors" in Display Properties > Effects first causes the quality of all icons to worsen and my customizations in the XPize Settings to reset. After a reboot or after a relogin, all icons except those in UI toolbar buttons are missing and I haven't found a way to get them back. Uninstalling Vista Pack 2000, the icons are still missing.

5) The Segoe UI font is not applied to title bars; is that by design?

6) In System Properties, I get a button "Gebruikersinformatie". Why does this button show? It wasn't there before and it shouldn't be there on a regular install.

7) In Display Properties, Web tab, the picture within the computer monitor graphic exceeds the inner boundaries of the monitor graphic.

8) Is it possible to include important information in the main post of this thread? That way, (new) people don't have to read through numerous pages possibly containing obsolete information...

well, well well, thats a nice bugreport man.

i thank you for that.

nice and detailed, good job.

1) i made it so that it wont install if you dont have the .net2 installed. Thought that was enough...

2)The first time you have to save the settings, to be able to load on startup.

3)To skin the taskbar, rightclick on your clock and open tclock panel(settings), and there choose to load settings. You will open a window in the tclock dir, and there is a ini file with the settings.

click that and hit ok. that should aply the vista skin.

4)i am sorry but thats a bug of the revolution pack made by tihiy.

Its out of my hands. Look if the revolutions pack is there in the software panel in the control panel.

Uninstall there if needed.

5)strange, i thought it aplied to everything..., will look at that.

6)can you make a screenshot for me? so i can see it? thanx in advance.

7) ok, thats not good, will look into it and fix it.

8)Yes thats a good idea, will make some kind of list this weekend and put it on after the weekend, thanx for the suggestion.

Well, thanx for the report man, really helpfull indeed.

will look in to it and see if i can fix those.

thanx again man

damian666