Daemon Tools 4.08 (AutoIt Launcher)

darks0ul

• 2 months later...

Daemon Tools 4.09 is out.

I personally use this batch script. Notice Daemon Tools lacks uninstall info, so I add it manually with adding uninst.cmd.

install.cmd

start "Install Daemon Tools" /wait "daemon409-x86.exe" /S
::delete Adware
del /f /q "%programfiles%\DAEMON Tools\SetupDTSB.exe"
::add uninstall information
set uninstallkey=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Daemon Tools
copy /y uninst.cmd "%programfiles%\DAEMON Tools\uninst.cmd"
reg add "%uninstallkey%" /v "DisplayName" /d "Daemon Tools 4.09" /f
reg add "%uninstallkey%" /v "UninstallString" /d "cmd /c start \"Uninstall Daemon Tools\" /min \"%programfiles%\DAEMON Tools\uninst.cmd\"" /f
exit

uninst.cmd

start "Uninstall Daemon Tools" /min /wait "%programfiles%\Daemon Tools\uninst.exe"

:Uninstall
if not exist "%programfiles%\Daemon Tools\uninst.exe" (
reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Daemon Tools" /va /f
rd /s /q "%programfiles%\Daemon Tools" & exit
) else (
goto :Uninstall
)

Edited by Acheron

Daemon Tools is nothing without a good Shell Extension.

I have created a new installer for ArniWorx Deamon Tools 1.0.60, because the normal installer is very limited.

http://updatepack.nl/custom_setup/awxDTools_1060.exe (1,04 MB)

You can use "/VERYSILENT /NORESTART" to install the program silently :hello:

P.S. You have to install Daemon Tools first, and awxDTools must be installed into the same dir as Daemon Tools.

You also have to install the Microsoft VC2005 Redistribubale files for the extension to work properly.

Edited by Acheron

I personally use original awxTools installer with /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART options and a custom reg file to add more supported formats. What have you added in your installer to make it less "limited" (can't possibly think of anything else it should do :\) ?

I personally use original awxTools installer with /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART options and a custom reg file to add more supported formats. What have you added in your installer to make it less "limited" (can't possibly think of anything else it should do :\) ?

I have removed the VC 2005 redist installer. I have added automatic language selection, more supported formats and removed creation of ArniWorx directory in Program Files. I have also removed all Start Menu shortcuts, since if you need to reregister stuff it's normally best to run the installer again.

• 4 weeks later...

Im trying to make a INF addon of Daemon tools but the Installer and Uninstaller wont register correctly...

How the Hell does daemon tools register the Executables?

It says something about windows 2000 and turning off the debuger

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know how to customize daemon tools silently? (i.e. Turn OFF autostart and turn OFF check for updates)?

Autostart:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Run\DAEMON Tools

Delete this entry.

Does anyone know how to customize daemon tools silently? (i.e. Turn OFF autostart and turn OFF check for updates)?

Autostart:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Run\DAEMON Tools

Delete this entry.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. But I don't have a Run key under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer. I found DAEMON Tools in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, deleted it and Bob's your uncle! No more autostart.

Also, if you delete %ProgramFiles%\DAEMON Tools\SetupDTSB.exe before running DAEMON Tools the first time, it won't install any When U adware.

Now, if I could just get rid of that Check for updates option.......

Ray

Thanks for your reply. I confirmed that the 'Autostart' is now unchecked once Daemon Tools is launched. Just need to get rid of this 'Check for updates'...If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears...

Thanks for your reply. I confirmed that the 'Autostart' is now unchecked once Daemon Tools is launched. Just need to get rid of this 'Check for updates'...If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears...

Is the autocheck new in 4.09? I'm using 4.08 and I don't see anything

It works if u delete "chkupd.exe" from the DAEMON Tools program directory...

Still shows "Check for updates" in the context menu then but I did not notice a single check since I installed this version 1 1/2 weeks ago.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

It seem that with version 4.10, the secure mode of Daemon Tools is ON by default and block the installation of awxDTools. So we have to disable secure mode 1st to allow silent installation of awxDTools. The problem is that I haven't found any switch or tweak to disable this option.

So I've made this script to do it via autoit:

#include <A3LToolBar.au3>

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
$hToolBar = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]", "")
$hSysTray = ControlGetHandle($hToolBar, "", "ToolbarWindow321")
$BtnCnt = _Toolbar_ButtonCount($hSysTray)
$BtnTxt = "Virtual Daemon"

;Search for the right icon on the tray
$i=0
While $i < $BtnCnt - 1
if StringLeft(_Toolbar_GetButtonText($hSysTray, $i),14)=$BtnTxt Then
$BtnNum=$i
EndIf
$i=$i+1
WEnd

;Right click on the button and switch the secure mode option
_Toolbar_ClickButton($hSysTray, $BtnNum, "right")
send("O",0)
send("{Enter}",0)

Note that you need to include the A3LToolBar.au3 that can be found on the autoit site http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33677

Note also that you have 1st to launch DaemonTools. This means:

1. Install Daemon Tools
  2. Run Daemon Tools
  3. Launch this script
  4. Install awxDTools

If someone get something more simple I will be very happy :whistle:

Regards