Which speakers should I buy?

N1K

My current 5.1 system speakers are refusing to continue with work so I have to buy new set of speakers but this time 2.1 system will satisfy my needs..

I'm in doubt of buying one of these two spekers system.

First one is: Altec Lansing FX6021 - PC multimedia speaker system

FX6021.jpg

Nominal Output Power (Total) 75 Watt

Response Bandwidth 32 - 18000 Hz

Audio Amplifier Integrated

Connectivity Technology Wired

Speaker System Details 2 x satellite speaker - 12.5 Watt ¦ 1 x subwoofer - 50 Watt

Signal-To-Noise Ratio 75 dB

Output Level (SPL) 105 dB

Magnetic Shield Yes

Connectivity Technology Wired

Speakers Included 2 x satellite speaker - 12.5 Watt - wired

1 x subwoofer - 50 Watt - wired

Included Accessories Remote control

Remote Control Remote control - infrared

or

Logitech Z-2300 2.1 THX-Certified Sound System

12567.jpg

Total RMS power: 200 watts RMS

Satellites: 80 watts RMS (2 x 40W)

Subwoofer: 120 watts RMS

Total peak power: 400 watts

Frequency response: 35Hz - 20kHz

Amplifier: Ultra-linear, high capacity analog

Signal-to-noise ratio @ 1Khz: >100dB

SoundTouch™ wired remote control

IMO, Logitech seems much better choice as they're a lot stronger and are THX certified, but I'm still in doubt. I would like your opinions on this one guys..Please, help me decide..

Logitech Z-2300 2.1 is the choice. i have them and i don't regred a single cent i paid for them. enough power, crystal clear sound, no distorsion of the sound even at the maximum power, etc, etc, the only drawback being it hasn't digital connectors.

Check the user reviews about logitech speakers HERE

I'm a bit suspicious for Logitech now after all these reviews..

Ok, I've read some reviews and now think that I've finally decide.

I'll go with these ones..

Harman Kardon SoundSticks II

B0001W8EFK.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Review HERE

Specs:

Speaker SystemSystem Components Subwoofer, 2 speakers

Response Bandwidth 44 - 20000 Hz

Nominal Output Power (Total):Audio System Nominal Output Power 40 Watt

Speaker System DetailsSpeakers Included 2 Satellite speaker 10 Watt Wired, 1 Subwoofer 20 Watt Wired

ConnectionsConnector Type 1 Audio line-in Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm Installed

GeneralDimensions (WxDxH) / Weight Satellite speaker . 10 in Diameter 2 in : 1.5 lbs, Subwoofer . 10.2 in Diameter 9.1 in : 4.9 lbs

Speaker type PC multimedia speaker system

I would go with the Logitech speakers too. I don’t care what a review says but I compared some speakers my self. The Harman Kardon are pure design and you pay for that.

If you want something better buy an amp and some speakers (stereo, just 2) with each 16-20cm woofer/midrange and a 2.5cm dome tweeter. Go to the store to listen to them to pick them before you buy them, take your own music with you and take your time. No review can tell you what you ears will do ;).

No review can tell you what you ears will do ;).

Yes, the only way to make a decision on speakers is to listen to them. Good sound is very personal. Some people like good quality clear high frequencies. Others just want to be blown out of their chair by their subwoover.

i agree with everyone else the logitech is probably the best choice when it comes to price and sound,, hk might be better over all but that price will sting ya big time

Well, that's the main reason why I will buy HK speakers 'cause they're only 30€ more expensive than logitech's..

I would go with the Logitech speakers too. I don’t care what a review says but I compared some speakers my self. The Harman Kardon are pure design and you pay for that.

If you want something better buy an amp and some speakers (stereo, just 2) with each 16-20cm woofer/midrange and a 2.5cm dome tweeter. Go to the store to listen to them to pick them before you buy them, take your own music with you and take your time. No review can tell you what you ears will do ;).

What kind of amp and speakers to make one. Very interested,

DW

I've bought Harman/Kardon speakers and I can say that they're awesome...

I've listened to both Logitech and Harman speakers at the store and I can only say GO for Harman..

Sound of this speakers is absolutely amazing..

I've bought Harman/Kardon speakers and I can say that they're awesome...

I've listened to both Logitech and Harman speakers at the store and I can only say GO for Harman..

Sound of this speakers is absolutely amazing..

I'd second that. HK speakers are usually good. And even though I've seen some good reviews about several Logitech speaker sets, those I've seen (including 5.1 sets) sounded really really BAD (just seems like the logitech product reviewers couldn't give honest reviews for fear of never getting new stuff to review anymore). Perhaps it's bad luck on my part too (I've managed to hear every bad set of logitech speakers ever made?), but either ways I'm not buying those anytime soon.

The only bad thing is that you can't turn them off, they suppose to be always ON. The result of this is that bump sound when you turn off your computer.

Now, I wonder does this sound could damage speakers or not. I haven't find a single word about this in my manual..

Whaddya guys think about this?

The only bad thing is that you can't turn them off, they suppose to be always ON. The result of this is that bump sound when you turn off your computer.

Now, I wonder does this sound could damage speakers or not. I haven't find a single word about this in my manual..

Whaddya guys think about this?

Yeah it could damage your speakers and amp. I would use a switch.