HOTFIXES: Win2000 SP4, WinXP SP2, WinXP SP3 and Win2003 SP2

if you integrate wmp11, only kb911564 is needed, because it upgrades an XP file, no matter what version of wmp you have installed.

request of kb911565 is a MS bug: read posts #12 and #14

Yes I read those posts, in fact I wrote because I was in doubt about all the other hotfixes, it wasn't so clear for me. So, I can delete all of them except KB911564, right???? ;)

KB924191 is replaced by KB927978, Right?

I make a fresh install and only install KB927978, selfupdate don't display KB924191.

However, other guy said KB924191 is also needed, anyone else can clarify it?

Edited by quya

Sonic,

Microsoft said that we need muti-hofixes if installed muli-versions for MSXML, but KB927978 is a full installtion for MSXML 4.0 SP2.

So why we still need KB924191 for MSXML 3.0? Actually I have not seen this hotfix in my update list after a fresh installation with KB927978 slipstreamed.

Could you explain more about this, thanks.

Another question, if proved we still need KB924191, how can we get rid of MSXML 3.0? So we can definitely delete KB924191 from our unattended CD.

If I still have space, I don't care about this hotfix. The fact is that too many hotfixes make me difficult to make a 700M CD. The Microsoft should release a roll-up hotfix just like they did before.

Edited by quya

It's same way as .net framework. If updates exist for 1.1, the full 2.0 will not fix the security of the 1.1 and 1.1 is needed too ...

IMHO, for MSXML we must keep all differents version, no just the MSXML6.0 ...

Reading http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms06-061.mspx I have understand the KB924191 is for XML version 3.0 , 4.0 and 6.0.

Does anyone where I can find KB925876

Remote Desktop Connection (Terminal Services Client 6.0) for Windows XP (KB925876)

Download size: 1.5 MB

Remote Desktop Connection (Terminal Services Client 6.0) provides a way to use any new Terminal Services features introduced in Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows Server Code Name “Longhorn” from a computer running Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1.

*** Edit ***

Never mind, I found it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925876

Edited by Gee

Hi Guys I have been on hiatus for a while. Could use some advice, I didn't realize the size of my \SVCPACK folder I have over 87 MS updates. Do I need to keep all of them or is it time for me to clean house and remove stuff. I was under the impression that I needed to keep all, but I have seen that the_guy has patches listed (removed). Stupid question I am sure but I guess I should start removing stuff?? If so can I just delete all my patches and download a whole new set of patches that are needed? What should be the total amount of patches needed for XP Sp2?

post-67932-1164806475_thumb.png

Sorry for all the questions...

Thanks for your help in advance. Hey the_guy congrats on taking over.

EXPRESS

From Post 1 of the topic:

MS WINDOWS XP PRO SP2 - (60) means 60 updates available with IE7 & WMP11 & Windows Live Messenger installed.

You can clear all your KB patches files and redownload the updated patches if you havn't updated your list more than 2 or 3 months because it's hard to find which are replaced/updated.

Sonic, thanks for the info, another quick stupid question. I can download just those 60 listed on page one and I should be good to go?

I downloaded "Windows Updates Downloader 2.24" what's you take on that? Looks pretty simple to use... do you think its a reliable thing to use to download the files?

Thanks again,

EXPRESS