Looking For a Printer

Nerwin

Well, I dont need a laser Jet, just want a printer that i can print some thing once in a while.

Edit:

I dont print much only when I need to, I do not print pictures unless there very small, I would go and buy a Photo printer if i was going to print pictures.

Edited by computerMan

i was looking for one of these a while ago, but like all other said, the price is just crazy.

I sure said "more expensive than 100$", but surely not crazy. In fact, I do think they're decently priced @ ~100$ for the network module. I mean, you're getting a complete embedded system, not just a network jack. There's a decent with processor running on there (ARM or otherwise), which is usually running a lot of stuff: often a web server (http/https), ftp server and/or tftp server, telnet server, SNMP (different versions), IPP, NCP, NDS, LPD, SLP, DHCP client and BOOTP, and other protocols including proprietary ones (for remote management/config namely) or features like IGMP snooping. And all this not only over TCP/IP, but often supporting other network protocols too, like Novell IPX/SPX or AppleTalk. Newer (recent) versions include even more stuff, like IPv6 support, SSL/TLS/IPSec, 802.1x authentication, etc. And developping all this software to run on an embedded system isn't exactly trivial (it's not quite like just installing apache on your box - you even have to write the TCP/IP stack, OS and all). And there's more hardware on the card, like a network chipset, memory to keep the config settings and firmware (usually RAM and flash), etc. All that, often coming in interchangeable (e.g. ethernet or usb modules or modules with both - or even wireless nowadays)/standard slots (EIO), warranty, support, firmware updates, software for remote admin, etc. I just can't see how this should (or could) cost less than that, and it's well worth it.

I love my laserjet :P

I'd expect that answer from someone in Lower Slobovia, but not here in the US of A. ;)

I can buy a great little Epson Photo R220 at Staples for $99, and it even prints directly on CD/DVD's.

I have one, and its big brother the Photo R340.

Both can print in Kodak quality and both print on many different media, including CD's.

I also have an Epson CX3200 multifunction printer that cost me only $69 (factory refurbished).

Check your local office supply stores like Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, or even Wal-Mart, before you give up your search.

You can get some fabulous bargains directly from Epson's web site on close outs and factory refurbs. :thumbup

Happy Hunting!

Andromeda43 B)