OEMScan - Automated Multi Manufacture Pre-Activation Utility

Here's the other file , seems we are only allowed to upload 200k per topic :angry:

AutoIT Script source for the ones who might like to change path;

#RequireAdmin
#NoTrayIcon

; SetOEM
$CD = DriveGetDrive("CDROM")
For $I = 1 To Number($CD[0])
$pa = $CD[$I] & "\win51"
If FileExists($pa) Then
$instDrv = $CD[$I]
EndIf
Next

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /C " & $instDrv & '\$OEM$\OEMSCAN.EXE>' & @WindowsDir & '\Temp\oemscan.log', '', @SW_HIDE)
_SelfDelete()
Exit

; Delete SetOEM
Func _SelfDelete($iDelay = 0)
Local $sCmdFile
FileDelete(@TempDir & "\scratch.bat")
$sCmdFile = 'ping -n ' & $iDelay & '127.0.0.1 > nul' & @CRLF _
& ':loop' & @CRLF _
& 'del "' & @ScriptFullPath & '"' & @CRLF _
& 'if exist "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" goto loop' & @CRLF _
& 'del ' & @TempDir & '\scratch.bat'
FileWrite(@TempDir & "\scratch.bat", $sCmdFile)
Run(@TempDir & "\scratch.bat", @TempDir, @SW_HIDE)
EndFunc ;==>_SelfDelete

SetOEM.rar

Edited by FreeStyler

• 1 month later...

Nice piece of work! :)

I've been working on an unattended XP installation scheme that hybridizes true unattended installation with the "staged image" style. Basic process is as follows:

• Boot target machine into PE from boot CD or staging source USB hard disk
  • Run staging batch file:
    • Run diskpart to clean, partition into system and data filesystems, format both
    • Run winnt32.exe /syspart /unattend to stage XP itself
    • Unzip a bunch of drivers onto the system partition
    • Copy the sysprep tools onto the system partition
    • Stage applications onto the data partition

[*]Disconnect the staging source USB hard disk (otherwise it gets in the middle of drive letter assignment)

[*]Reboot and cross fingers

[*]Get coffee and/or start staging the next machine while the staged installation runs

I'd prefer to perform the OEM scan during the staging process, replacing the oembios.* files in the staged i386 directory $WIN_NT$.~LS after winnt32.exe finishes. My biggest suggestion, though, is to incorporate your oembios.dat decryption information to automatically look through all available file sets to determine which one(s) apply to the current machine (or a given BIOS dump image) rather than duplicating the information in an .ini file.

My biggest suggestion, though, is to incorporate your oembios.dat decryption information to automatically look through all available file sets to determine which one(s) apply to the current machine (or a given BIOS dump image) rather than duplicating the information in an .ini file.

This has been considured but the decryption algorithm might be MSs IP and we want to keep this project legit.

• 1 month later...

Trying this for the first time and am not sure if the OEMBIOS files should be compressed or not. I can pull the files I most frequently need and have had success with for normal installs off of my Dell and Gateway CDs. Those files are compressed, i.e. OEMBIOS.DA_ instead of OEMBIOS.DAT. I'm going to try expanding them before putting them in the OEMSCAN folders. Is this correct?

Hi infotime,

Thats correct, :thumbup

The OEMBIOS files in the /i386 folder are compressed.

The ones in the /OEM/PCMake folder are un-compressed.

Hey Guys,

Stupid question time :blushing:

Would it be possible to make OEMBIOS.EXE work on Win2K as well ?

I know Win2K doesn't have/use OEMBIOS files.

But I'd like to use it to add the OEM branding info to Win2K machines, like I'm doing with XP machines now.

[*]Copy SetKey.exe to the \$OEM$ directory on your installation source (OEMSCAN.EXE should be there as well)

Sorry, I'm having trouble getting this to work. Do those files (setkey.exe, oemscan.exe, oemscan.ini) go in OEM or $OEM$ directory?

How does oemscan.exe get called (by setoem.exe?)

My previous successes were using Siginets oemscan addons: http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117

I'm attempting to modify his addon structure to mimic your instructions but they are unclear.

Here's my (unsuccessful) folder structure:

\$OEM$

-\Gateway (contains OEMBIOS.* files uncompressed)

-oemscan.exe

-oemscan.ini

-setkey.exe

\I386

-setoem.exe

Files modified as per your instructions (txtsetup.sif, winnt.sif, etc.)

Here's the .ini used in the addon:

;This section contains entries that need to go into the [SourceDisksFiles] section of txtsetup.sif
[txtsetup_files]
SetOEM.exe = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

[FileMove]
I386\SetOEM.exe,..\I386\*
$OEM$\Gateway\OEMBIOS.*,..\$OEM$\Gateway\*
$OEM$\*,..\$OEM$\*

[EditFile]
I386\WINNT.SIF,GuiUnattended,DetachedProgram
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram
$OEM$\OEMSCAN.ini,Gateway,Gateway

[DetachedProgram]
DetachedProgram=".\system32\SetOEM.exe"

[AddProgram]
OEMSCAN.BAT

[Gateway]
PATH=".\Gateway\"
CMD="SetKey xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

I'm calling oemscan.exe with the oemscan.bat file at T-13. I'm guessing this is not necessary when using setoem.exe.

The .bat file contents are:

@ECHO OFF 

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\OEMSCAN.EXE > "%SystemRoot%\Temp\oemscan.log"

Where am I going wrong?

I just need to know what directory setoem.exe and setkey.exe are looking at when they are executed.

Edited by mr_smartepants

• 3 weeks later...

(Edit) EMACHINES doesn't provide BIOS updates, their site directs you to the motherboard manufaturer website.

I updated the BIOS way-back-when, and the BIOS SLP DMI string got changed by it to MSI (the motherboard manufacturer). I had to use DMIEDIT.EXE to fix my SLP DMI info. Shows "EMACHINE" now in my BIOS.

Backup your DMI or total BIOS before flashing a new BIOS!

(End Edit)

OK,

I have a question.

My Emachines (model# W3080) doesn't say emachines in the bios. My motherboard is a Micro-Star motherboard (original with the pc, bought from Wallmart a couple of years ago).

It is possible I updated the BIOS, would that change thing? The emachines logo still shows when I boot.

Also, How can I make an addon for OEMSCAN? (never mind, I found the howto for that).

Here are my results using the vb script (I forget the author, but it is from this MSFN site, works great! Thanks!).

I have been all over the forums today, so I'm a little lost.

Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
Model: KM400-8235
4D494352 4F2D5354 41522049 4E544552 4E415449 4F4E414C 20434F2E 2C204C54 44

Edit and update: I checked the crc's of both the original oembios.* FILES from my Emachines w3080 restore CD, and the ones currently on my pc. They are different IF COMPRESSED. (Edit: They are a match if they are decompressed with 7-Zip :thumbup )

My CRC-32:

OEMBIOS.BIN = 7055A293
OEMBIOS.CAT = 1B7F1F55
OEMBIOS.DAT = 0C034E0C
OEMBIOS.SIG = 330FEFC8

I am sure I updated my BIOS, but Emachines does not provide the BIOS updates, eMACHINES send you to "the motherboard manufacturer" (MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL in this case, aka "MSI").

I posted this a couple of days ago, but edited it after further investigation, so hopefuly someone here will answer me soon.

As soon as I figure this out, I'll be able to contribute any info or code I create.

I'll keep you posted, and I'll be checking here often.

This forum is great, I wish I joined sooner! :hello:

Ed, KD6AAJ

Edited by kd6aaj

[updated on "9 September, 2007" : I got a PM from SIGINET

instructing me how to do this with the RyanVM integrator, so I'll try his method first] :)

original message follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back!

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but please bear with me, ok?

I just have a few questions for xehqter, or anyone else who would like to help me.

I've re-read the forum again, start to finish, but I'm still not sure I have this

all straight in my head. :)

I guess I read too many different methods here for multi-oem cd's, and I'm confuse which method

is compatible with the others.

I want to make a multi-manufacturer cd (obviously), without having to integrate,

and just use the uncompressed OEMBIOS.* files.

That way I won't have to re-integrate the whole cd again with RyanVM. :)

I have the OEM folder at root of the project, and each manufacturer folder in the OEM folder.

OEMSCAN.EXE and OEMSCAN.INI are also in the OEM folder.

Now for the QUESTIONS......

I'm just trying to figure out which files do and don't need editing.

And, what commands get added to what file?

I understand the OEMSCAN.INI file, it's the other ones that confuse me.

If I have the SLP key in WINNT.SIF, do I still need to edit UNATTEND.TXT more than it is?

Should I mark "preinstall" and "unattended" as YES in all instances?

Then there are the MultiOEM files, OEMSCAN_ADDON files,

plus the OEMSCAN_ADDON_MULTISYSTEM files. Which methods should I use?

Should I use "Entries_OEMScan_MULTISYSTEM.ini", and if so do I only add

[txtsetup_files]

setoem.exe = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

to TXTSETUP.SIF? or all the rest of "Entries_OEMScan_MULTISYSTEM.ini" to TXSETUP.SIF?

Do I realy need to run SETKEY.EXE and SETOEM.EXE?

Do I just leave oobeinfo.ini alone?

I know I could hash it out for hours, and finaly figure it out.

But maybe someone here could save me the time and

post the correct *.SIF and/or other ini/txt files I need?

I could use one or several SLP key, doesn't matter, but I'd like to know both ways.

Maybe a nice "HOWTO" post?

Thanks everyone, and keep up the good work!

Sorry for being a burden.

kd6aaj

Edited by kd6aaj

Does anyone here have the original obsolete eMachines BIOS (not the OEMBIOS.* files, but the actual BIOS) for a W3080?

Thanks

(EDIT) I found the original BIOS flash binary if anyone needs it. I edited the final BIOS update to show "EMACHINES" now instead of "MSI" (the motherboard manufacturer).

Edited by kd6aaj

How should I add multiple custom OEM bitmaps, like the desktop bitmap, with OEMscan?

Can I enable this for each seperate OEM's?

(EDIT) figured it out. Search Siginets site http://siginetsoftware.com for "oem logo"

Or you can just browse to the "OEMSCAN_ADDON_MULTIOEM v1.8" thread in the "OEM A.C.T" forum.

http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541

(END EDIT)

This is from the unattend.txt file in the sysprep folder on my Emachine (ghost) cd.

;also enabled in winbom

[shell]

CustomDefaultThemeFile="c:\Windows\Resources\Themes\emachines.theme"

[branding]

BrandIEUsingUnattended = No

IEBrandingFile = install.ins

Edited by kd6aaj

(EDIT) I think my problem is a slow DVDRW drive, the command is faster than the drive while Windows setup is copying files to the hard drive.

I think copying the OEMSCAN and RUNONCE stuff to a temp folder then running them would work better for me.

(END EDIT)

Somewhere around T39, I get a message telling me setup could not find %CDROM%\OEM\OEMSCAN.BAT

Then it tells me to click the start button and try it. Still installing files.

Here is part of my winnt.sif file:

[GuiUnattended]

TimeZone = 04

AdminPassword = *

AutoLogon = Yes

AutoLogonCount = 1

OEMSkipRegional = 1

;OemSkipWelcome MUST = zero if OemPreinstall=No or this will halt the OEM process!

OemSkipWelcome = 0

DetachedProgram=CMD.EXE

Arguments="/Q /C START %CDROM%\OEM\OEMSCAN.BAT"

[GuiRunOnce]

"%CDROM%\runonce\runonce.cmd"

Anyone got a fix?

Still waiting for a response from my other posts.

kd6aaj

Edited by kd6aaj

hello,

i was wondering where can i get the royality oem cd keys for the server 2003 editions?

with your help i managed to create the winxp pro, home and x64 oem preactivated cds, using the cdkeys provided on the ms technet article and everything works great (using them daily on hp and acer systems mostly),

but i can't find any for the server editions.

thnx

kroff