OEMScan - Automated Multi Manufacture Pre-Activation Utility

I run oembios.exe in dos prompt window and it showed me nothing went back to the prompt. All computer has is the f10 command startup self made hp system restore disk and hard drive hp system restore partition for restore. Restores the computer to original install or partial. I not referring to the usual windows backup restore point date restore. The oobeinfo.ini shows a different product key then windows properties and the coa label is different also.

Like I said before I run oembios.exe in dos prompt window and it showed me nothing went back quickly to the prompt. I replace the Hewlett Packard motherboard with the same hp number hp5187-4913. I am able to run f10 restore the start of it but I don't want to experiment, not wanting to go to the software beginning or change what i presently have. The computer is working good I just want the available restore when computer crashes or dead hard drive. On my Medion computer it showed the slp crc number for that computer. 911medic what is .vbs ? What is needed if anything? :unsure:

Here is a scanner for those that install from single disks because they can't figure out how to produce a multi disk or are troubleshooting why their multi disks won't preactivate. It scans the BIOS and reports which OEMBIOS.CAT CRC's are expected to preactivate. It is a DOS program so you can identify what to install before installing.

Version 1.0/148/56 1/15/2007 (86 downloads)

Version 1.0/156/59 3/15/2007 (9 downloads)

Version 1.0/158/60 4/1/2007 (105 downloads)

Version 1.0/168/66 8/23/2007 (501 downloads)

Version 1.1/249/99 10/4/2009 (105 downloads)

Version 1.1/273/106 1/23/2010 (3 downloads, this version is perfectly acceptable but includes 4 unnecessary Evesham table entries)

Version 1.1/269/106 1/23/2010

Edited by charles1

I have a HP pavillion computer and I replaced the motherboard with the same board number and I think I have lost the oem slp. Is there just one oembios.cat to have for this computer? Is there more ways to verifly that slp is installed? Is installing the crc32=06d652a4 download onto hard drive all that is needed?

Edited by charles1

Hi, I was lost inside all these pages. I have several HP royalty OEMs and some generic OEM PCs at office. I have the Generic OEM CD, and some retail CD of Greek XP Professional with SP3.

Can you explain me, how could I use this tool to make a disk that would be suitable for use to the HP pc's mainly? I ran the program from cmd from inside the windows and everything OK, but how does this work to make a valid installation disk that will accept the OEM product keys of HP? Please explain, because i'm new but willing to learn!

Thanks!

It will use OEM:SLP keys to activate corresponding oem's (crc values) found in bios.

I think all of them goes in OEM folder in root of your xpcd. I can also advise you to check out sushi's autoactivating kit on MDL Forum.

• 5 months later...

I have used your tool and have successfully installed the OEMBIOS files for my gateway laptop. But Windows still wants to be activated and when I put in the key from the bottom of the laptop it says its not a valid key when it is. Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong?

I have used your tool and have successfully installed the OEMBIOS files for my gateway laptop. But Windows still wants to be activated and when I put in the key from the bottom of the laptop it says its not a valid key when it is. Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong?

The key from the bottom of the laptop is OEM:COA key not OEM:SLP key if this is xp pro you could try MS OEM:SLP key Preserving OEM Pre-Activation when Re-installing Windows XP

• 1 month later...

So basically, this OEMScan tool does the opposite of Bezalel's tool ... in that OEMScan will "correct" your "already" installed Windows XP with the correct OEMBIOS files so that it's preactiviated.... whereas Bezalel's script extracts the OEMBIOS files. Am I on the right track?

• 2 months later...

I have a question about OEMSCAN. Can it handle compressed OEMBIOS.* files? I still haven't used it, I'm just gathering "intel" before starting a multi-oem XP dvd for my own language.

If it can't, and if it only scans the bios and then blindly copies the files indicated by PATH, then why not using compressed files in the indicated PATH and then expand them with an external batch or any other method? Or we could just hexedit OEMSCAN, replace the files extensions with BI_, CA_, DA_, SI_ and include a batch for expanding them after they're copied to the hdd. That would save lots of CD/DVD space for MULTI-OEM discs. Just my two cents...

EDIT: never mind, just noticed that compressed and uncompressed OEMBIOS.* files are practically the same size :)

Edited by johnyept